Remove All Horse Armor Currently in Game

Havoc

Aug 23, 2021
Everyone knows why, being able to equip double horse armor is simply bad for the combat of the game. No decent player is going to run out by launch, and combat really can't be properly tested for feedback as it is right now. Many people are calling for mounted mage nerfs because of how powerful this makes them meanwhile MA, MC, and footfighters are having dmg cut by 75% to mounts.

If SV can't single out the pre-patch horse armor simply delete it all. It's a beta that wipes in a month anyways, and its a change that can do nothing but good for the pvp and testing we have left.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
They should just go ahead and delete any form of combat on mounts. Only braindead players use it. The thought of never dying really turns them on too.

Reactions: Piet

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
"Pre-patch items" are gonna be a huge issue just as they were in MO1. I dont understand why they can't remove pre-patch stuff or have it replaced with the new. There is gonna be a lot of this kinda stuff going on in the future...

Reactions: Goremor and Nudisto

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
"Pre-patch items" are gonna be a huge issue just as they were in MO1. I dont understand why they can't remove pre-patch stuff or have it replaced with the new. There is gonna be a lot of this kinda stuff going on in the future...
They dont wanna waste development time doing it during beta. They will ofc remove pre patch items when game is live.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
I don't even blame the players for abusing it. SV doesn't punish people for anything they do.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Everyone knows why, being able to equip double horse armor is simply bad for the combat of the game. No decent player is going to run out by launch, and combat really can't be properly tested for feedback as it is right now. Many people are calling for mounted mage nerfs because of how powerful this makes them meanwhile MA, MC, and footfighters are having dmg cut by 75% to mounts.

If SV can't single out the pre-patch horse armor simply delete it all. It's a beta that wipes in a month anyways, and its a change that can do nothing but good for the pvp and testing we have left.
SV: After listening to your feedback and thinking deeply upon the issue SV has decided the best solution to double horse armor is to remove all rep gain. Going forward we think this is a great change that will solve your issue.

Im pretty sure most people would be happy if you deleted all horse armor and made people restart. But SV only knows how to make people angry. If you people use double horse armor dont blame them. I dont want to get run up on by other players who have double horse armor and get caught lacking.

agui

May 31, 2020
Sv needs to adress double horse armor fast ... even tought when is mostly used by griefers and we just got a load of new players that want to explore the world and they dont have any chance to fight back ... cause even when thry dismounted ... they could pull a long bow to bow enemys horse down fast with long bow arrows but ... doing 5 and 6 of dmg cant live that long.

I mean not saying that griefers supose not to use it ... i think they need to use it to show how unfair mounted fight is and SV doesnt do nothing about it.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Its insanely hard to change values on all items of the same kind in a diverse sandbox with unlimited POWA...err possibilities and especially in a unreal 4 game made by Star Vault. Its not like every other game like it can do it, MO2 is so special it cant be compared to lowly peasantry games.

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Team Rocket has bought "Horse Armor With Bags" from the market and deleted them. But it's not enough. All of it should have been deleted 100%. Three of us can't burst down a calx miner's horse because it's got 300 HP and we're not all mages. What's a simple robber to do in these circumstances?

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
They dont wanna waste development time doing it during beta. They will ofc remove pre patch items when game is live.
Development time?
So in other words, Star Vault would have to develop a system for removing or replacing pre-patch items because they don't have one, and maybe never have had one, before? I have very little trouble believing that, even though I do remember some pre-patch items from MO1 pre-hsstory RARELY turning into some kind of receipt you could trade to a GM for some kind of restitution. A long time ago. Maybe just once.

<Joke> Maybe they can apply the bug to that pre-patch armour that makes an item disappear from your inventory but still take up a space. That one was a Golden Oldie.</joke>

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
Development time?
So in other words, Star Vault would have to develop a system for removing or replacing pre-patch items because they don't have one, and maybe never have had one, before? I have very little trouble believing that, even though I do remember some pre-patch items from MO1 pre-hsstory RARELY turning into some kind of receipt you could trade to a GM for some kind of restitution. A long time ago. Maybe just once.

<Joke> Maybe they can apply the bug to that pre-patch armour that makes an item disappear from your inventory but still take up a space. That one was a Golden Oldie.</joke>
They have a system for removing pre patch items, but its done manually as i understand it. A few hours that can be spent elsewhere.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
They have a system for removing pre patch items, but its done manually as i understand it. A few hours that can be spent elsewhere.
I believe you, and since that's apparently the case, I agree that the hours can be better spent.
But calling that a system is much the same as calling carving a spoon by hand from wood "a system of spoon production", VS a system of spoon production that is a utensil factory.
/sigh

Reactions: Cold and Nudisto

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
This critical exploit of double armor has been in the game for weeks. This is no longer just a closed beta. They decided to put the game on steam for people to pre-purchase. If they don't show the community that they are going to fix these things in a timely manner (unlike MO1 where it took them months to fix such things) then that's a bad look.

I want to believe they don't have the time to "manually " do it as you claim. I just don't think its a matter of time over just not really caring. I'm sure people would even just like to see that they WILL remove pre-patch items. And I understand this is all going to wipe and such, but putting the game on STEAM where people purchase and can refund then they need to do a bit better with these kind of bugs.

I think we've all played enough beta's to know that you can't just say "its a beta bro it will be fixed before launch". I suppose January is the month of polish. Surely it, along with many other bugs, will be fixed then? Lets hope!

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Farligbonde

Jan 7, 2021
This critical exploit of double armor has been in the game for weeks. This is no longer just a closed beta. They decided to put the game on steam for people to pre-purchase. If they don't show the community that they are going to fix these things in a timely manner (unlike MO1 where it took them months to fix such things) then that's a bad look.

I want to believe they don't have the time to "manually " do it as you claim. I just don't think its a matter of time over just not really caring. I'm sure people would even just like to see that they WILL remove pre-patch items. And I understand this is all going to wipe and such, but putting the game on STEAM where people purchase and can refund then they need to do a bit better with these kind of bugs.

I think we've all played enough beta's to know that you can't just say "its a beta bro it will be fixed before launch". I suppose January is the month of polish. Surely it, along with many other bugs, will be fixed then? Lets hope!
The game is still in closes beta though. But i get what you mean.

Also it is already fixed, they just have to wipe and it wont be a problem anymore.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The game is still in closes beta though. But i get what you mean.

Also it is already fixed, they just have to wipe and it wont be a problem anymore.
The armor bug sure. I'm talking about on release. There will be more nerfs and therefore "prepatch" items people have stored away. In MO1 we had prepatch horses, norse claymores, skull lances, potions, etc. Basically they had no way to remove that stuff from the game after a patch. And I dont want that for MO2.

Thats all.