Release feedback

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Release has been quite rocky in terms of server stability(and client if you're getting freeze crashes), but I want to provide feedback and rant a little about things that should have not been possible on release and a few things that should of been possible.

1 : There was a lot of reports/feedback regarding how easy it would be to abuse Haven, when persistent release hit. With being able to recycle characters to safely farm gold and teleport it to what ever town upon leaving. This made it very easy and quick for large guilds to abuse and basically farm 1000s of gold in complete safety while teleporting gold into Myrland, repeatedly.

While this has been somewhat addressed with the latest patch, it should have been addressed earlier leading up to release. Personally I think gold should not be able to be transferred from Haven to mainland. Another alternative could of been some type of cool down if your account has been identified to spamming new characters.

2 : Ironwood in Haven, this should not be in Haven. Just like above, you can safely farm, teleport 5k to the mainland, then delete char and recycle process. If tree's run out of yield, don't worry, you can just teleport to another haven instance with full yield!

High end wood should not be available in Haven. Especially with how abusable the current system is. Again spam recycling chars or swapping haven instances, should have some type of cooldown.

3 : Sieging should of been in for release. Being able to get keep deeds and plop a keep down, without others being able to properly contest it, is stupid - Especially with how large guilds abused certain systems to farm tones of gold in safety.

If time is an issue and you can't add a system that correlates with another major system to have full functionality, then don't add the other until the second required system is complete. I personally think Keep spots should of been disabled for release, until sieging was added.

4 : Cooking feels quite unfinished, compared to MO1 - especially when it comes to making pet food. Being able to name recipes should of been in before release, I don't want to list my ingredients on my food. Pls add soph.

Will add more, when I get mad again.

Last edited:

Tzone

May 16, 2021

Henrik knows that the players wanted them to lock keeps, I even got him to reply to me on stream about locking it. Like IDK why they just didn't lock them for the first weeks when everyone expected the game to not be playable.

Just a continuation of SV biggest problem that they refuse to fix of half implementation of mechanics. There refusal to view half implementation of mechanics is a serious and dangerous issue to the longevity of the game. This is a issue which the community has brought up extremely often to no progress in fixing. And the tendency to introduce the worse part of the system weeks or months before they introduce the balancing features of that system.

Just locking some of the half implemented systems untill the rest of the system is ready would have helped this game so much.