"Recovering" skills system

MoLo

Jun 5, 2020
When mastering a skill up to lvl 100 and then dropped to change it for another skill it would be awesome to have a system that allows to insta recover that former mastered skill whenever we want as long as we have enought skill points available. I mean, there are some skills that are a pain in the ass to level up and it makes no sense to me to experience the same boredom (or nights of macroing) any time we want to recover that skill. With this system it would be better to get more out of the experience with our main character.

Slammington Unchained

May 28, 2020
When mastering a skill up to lvl 100 and then dropped to change it for another skill it would be awesome to have a system that allows to insta recover that former mastered skill whenever we want as long as we have enought skill points available. I mean, there are some skills that are a pain in the ass to level up and it makes no sense to me to experience the same boredom (or nights of macroing) any time we want to recover that skill. With this system it would be better to get more out of the experience with our main character.
That's why it makes sense. If you stopped playing golf to go learn baseball, once you spend enough time to get good at baseball you're probably going to lose a lot of the muscle memory needed for golf. The same thing should happen in a hardcore real-sim game like MO. It's supposed to be boring and painful to force you to commit and focus on a set of skills.

Reactions: PatWins and Xunila

Neftan

May 28, 2020
My Mind
A faster recovery would be ideal. You wouldnt forget how to use a bow.. You would just be rusty. A multiplier on any XP you have earned in the past would be great.

As other have said, instant relearn would be too exploitable. It would also take a way a lot of gameplay, and make decisions less impactful.

Cromwell

Jun 4, 2020
I would agree with the exp bonus for faster relearning, not so much with instant recovery, as stated in previous responses, you get rusty, you lose part of the knowledge or muscle memory, but not all of it, so instant recovery doesn't make much sense, and could be abused, a great exp bonus for faster recovery of the skill does actually makes a lot of sense, since you already knew the skill, although, some of them, could be easier to recover than others, i would separate them in two tiers, like, is not the same to "relearn" how to ride a bike than to relearn actual forgotten knowledge, athletic skills should be relearned very fast, mental knowledge skills a bit slower but still with a bonus compared to the first time.

I don't think it would ruin the game but add more room for experimenting different aspects of the game with one character