(Real Developer FeedBack) Seriously It's been Years, Fix Pet Level System, Or Let the Equerry Npc level your pets for gold like MO1.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I just came back to the game after a long hiatus. Somehow Pet/Taming Builds are worse than before. I am not sure how that is even possible. Some changes happened that keep nerfing this playstyle. Now it is basically unplayable. Let me explain in a nutshell why that is lol.

So Basically it takes work... A lot of work to get a Pet to Level 125. First you need to find the pet. Then transport it from 1 side of the map to the other to your city. Then you need to take forever to agonizingly level it up. I'll repeat that since the devs might not play their own game. This is agonizing. There is nothing fun about it taking almost an actual real day of real time leveling up a pet to 125. If this is how you want to play the game you are going to be spending a lot of time doing that. Just afking to level 1 pet to the next, lose a pet then do it all over again. (You need animal care in order to level up faster and if you are not in combat then your pet levels up 4x less fast)

So you used to be able to Train your pets on Training Dummys in your house. The Devs got rid of that. Then Players found out you got increased combat experience from combat so they would attack guards in fabernum and other cities and the pet would level up that way, but the devs removed that feature as well even though it still took like 8 hours even with that trick. (This wasn't fun either, the reason people did this was it was a practical way to get around the ridiculous requirements to max a level 125 pet)

Every area of the game has PvP in it. So what people are doing is avoiding Taming pets altogether and instead using Undead Pets because you can just give them a GEM to skip the leveling process. (But you can't give Gems to Tamed Pets)

So basically, a Great Solution would be once Breeding Comes out let us put the babies with an NPC that will level them up for us. So that way the players still need to at least go through the pain of getting 2 of them for time advancement. But once you do that, Breeding can be a way for us to have an easier way to continue our play style. MO1 had an NPC like this that let you pay gold to level your pet to max level after a certain period of time.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
I Can't be the only person in the game that wants alternative ways to level our pets. Give us Breeding, Or a Npc that will level them up please.

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
SV can't balance pets (or anything else for that matter) so they make them a hassle. Ritual pets are trash and take forever to lvl up too.