Queue issue worse now than before the patch?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
This is after patch 1.0.1.11, I remember SV saying that the latest bi-monthly patch will speed up the queue processing speed.

But not only did the speed not increase, it actually got slower when I tried to log in. On top of that, there was a queue of 244. It took several minutes for the queue to move to 233. I decided not to keep waiting as it would probably take up to 45 minutes at the rate it was going.

I took a look at the Steam charts and saw 1,732 players logged in moments ago. I don't know what is going behind the scenes but to me it looks like the server state is in a worser shape now than before the patch.

Not sure if I'm going to be able to log in at all to play. For comparison, EVE Online can host 25k-30k players in its server cluster, and I can still log in quickly any time of the day or night without any waiting in the queue.

I'm going to try again later and hopefully I can log in without a queue.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Second night in a row now, and the queue issue remains.

This time I waited at a queue of 289 and it got to 33 after about 45 minutes.

Then it just sits at that number for a long, long time before it goes down to 32. Then another long wait before it goes down to 31, and so on.

At this rate, I'm wasting time and electricity just so I can log in. Been waiting over an hour at the time of writing this.

SV please look into this, because if it stays that way then I'm not sure if I want to pay for the sub when it activates.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Second night in a row now, and the queue issue remains.

This time I waited at a queue of 289 and it got to 33 after about 45 minutes.

Then it just sits at that number for a long, long time before it goes down to 32. Then another long wait before it goes down to 31, and so on.

At this rate, I'm wasting time and electricity just so I can log in. Been waiting over an hour at the time of writing this.

SV please look into this, because if it stays that way then I'm not sure if I want to pay for the sub when it activates.

I really wouldn't be worried about there being queues after they force subs.

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Yep... we're back to people afk (with a macro now so they don't get afk booted) just so they don't have to queue to login... 3 months after release. Amazing. At this point just turn subscription on so we go down to a player base that doesn't queue.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Similar to launch feel but a lot less lag and a lot quicker through queue then launch.

Over in GK we now feel the major lag despite the lower pop.

D

Deleted member 44

Yep... we're back to people afk (with a macro now so they don't get afk booted) just so they don't have to queue to login... 3 months after release. Amazing. At this point just turn subscription on so we go down to a player base that doesn't queue.
Yeah turn on subs so the population will be zero. I know I won't be subbing in the current state.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Yeah turn on subs so the population will be zero. I know I won't be subbing in the current state.

Clearly killing the population is the only thing they can do to stop the queues. Alt servers are a duping fest, every "jesus patch" comes with promises of the multiplication of players without lag or queue which fails... I mean, at this stage I am also good to go for another 12 months of beta until they get their shit together.

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
Many people waited for the housing functions, that’s why it’s pretty full again for sure.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I tried again on the third night and this time was much better.

Queue was 589 so I figured I'll go do something else. Came back 3 minutes later and the queue had dropped to 334. Not bad.

I probably waited a total of 15 minutes before I was able to log in.

Still room for improvement, but credit where it's due. 👍