Question about Mounted Combat/ Footfighter Build

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
We can only create 1 Character. That´s why I want to create versatile character. He wouldn´t be the perfect footfighter and not the best Mounted Combat Character. The Idea is following. Riding on a horse and hit the enemy with your weapon or bow, till the mount is low health. Then Dismount and continiue to fight on foot. The idea is to not use the best Horse avalible. Just an avarage one to get to the fight, deal some damage while mounted and then continiue on foot, and let the horse die.

i thought about the following skills.

(Calculated for 1100 Points without any skill bonuses, so some skill could be a bit higher)

1. Controlled Riding 100

2. Mounted combat 80

5. Axes 100

6. Aggresive stances 80

7. Defensive stances 100

8.Sprinting 100

9. Combat manouvering 100

10. Armor trainning 100

11. Heavy armor trainning 80

12. Anatomy 100

13.Blocking 70

14. Balance 90

or second weaponskill instead of balance. Maybe Archery for a Mounted Archer/Footfighter Build or Swords for a Footfighter with 2 Weapons.

What do you guys think. How would you spend the Points. A mounted combat weapon need twice the str on mount. How much Str do i need ? What weapons from which Material could use with 109-110 Str

Which Class would you pick ? A Human or maybe an Ogmir ?
Can the Human reach 109 Str ?

I would appreciate some ideas and tips.

Last edited:

Viknuss

Jun 6, 2020
www.youtube.com
Thursar Kallard, Max Size, Max Strength w/ clades can reach 125str 35% dmg Bonus. With 92dex they still run 420 in combat speed. Additionally you would take half Aggressive and Defensive stance, and not commit 100 points to both. Thursar clades give you Axe and Sword skill, so those are primary points you can save and allocate elsewhere.

You also need Creature Control, Advanced Creature Control, Mounted Charge, and Veterinary Skill if you want to be even remotely close to a competitive Mounted.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Thx fot the Tip but i guess 120 Dmg Bonus is max. Skilling more Str seems not to increase the max damage Bonus, so it not make sense to make the Tursar max size. A friend tested this today and told that to me.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Why do i need Creature Control and Advanced Creature Control ?
Mounted Charge is a secondary skill ?

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
kk so creature Controll allow you to ride higher lvl horses. Thx for the useful tips.

i will try this

1. Controlled Riding 100

2. Mounted combat 80

5. Axes 100

6. Aggresive stances 50 + Bomus

7. Defensive stances 50 + Bonus

8.Sprinting 100

9. Combat manouvering 100

10. Armor trainning 100

11. Heavy armor trainning 80

12. Anatomy 100

13.Blocking 70

14. Balance 90

15. Creature Controll 80

That would be 65 Petpoints.

What lvl of Bullhourse could i ride with 65 Petpoints ? Lvl 80 ?

Last edited:
Reactions: HappyHour

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Thx fot the Tip but i guess 120 Dmg Bonus is max. Skilling more Str seems not to increase the max damage Bonus, so it not make sense to make the Tursar max size. A friend tested this today and told that to me.
My ThurKhur got 130%. And some clade gifts were still missing. So no, there is no cap at 120.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Could an Ogmir reach 92 Dex and 121 Str, to wield an expencive high end weapon, such as a Tindremic Messing sladgehammer with spongewood/spongewood handle and Core, even if i not plan to do so, because that would be very expencive.

The Ogmir have interesting skills aswell. Stone Skin, Nightvision, additional knockback resistence, potion utilization in his clade Points Skilltree.

In my opinion every other class seems stronger as the Human, what i feel sad about, becuase this character sould be the allrounder, for Hybridbuilds that miss Skillpoints. I wish he had a Clad Points Ability skil that allow you to choose a secondary weapon skill for no Skillpoints, so a human can learn 2 Weaponskills for 100 Active Points. Then it would make some sense to choose the human race for specific Builds.