QA Team

D

Deleted member 44

Where is the QA team and what are they actually testing? Every time you guys release a patch there come with it blatantly obvious bugs that are experienced within the first five minutes of play time.

Here's the example for this patch. I go into the minotaur dungeon and get to the section before the balrog bridge and my horse immediately gets stuck between the sections of the path. I die instantly to the minotaurs as I cannot move out of the death box that is the road. The minotaurs could path perfectly over the sections on the road but the horse is to retarded to go over a 2 cm lip. I reported this issue MONTHS ago and it still hasn't been addressed when you guys actually "release" the content.

This is not an isolated issue and it is core to the game development structure in which drove so many people away from the first game. Stop for the ever loving god making every Fing object have a collision box that is bound to its physical structure. Falling through the planks of a wooden bridge, getting stuck on the steps of ramp, horses moving at a 90 degree angle to the ground. Constant examples of stuff that doesn't work correctly and is so obvious that it doesn't work correctly that it is mind boggling that it hasn't been addressed in over a decade of "game design".

This is the reason I stopped playing the first game. It became to much of chore to just navigate the world as I spent more time dying to random terrain/world bugs than actually fighting players.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
QA teams are for when you are releasing a fully developed product or for when you have the expectation of one.

The game is in beta(more like alpha if you follow the actual definition of the words), we basically ARE the QA.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
You never blindly listen to QA anyway. The boss is the boss.
But why would they not listen about a stuck spot in the middle of the place where they are releasing new content? Only a very poor boss wouldn't listen to that.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
That whole area leading to minos is very broken. There are node lines everywhere that catch players and horses models. These models are attackable and kill the real player who is elsewhere.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
But why would they not listen about a stuck spot in the middle of the place where they are releasing new content? Only a very poor boss wouldn't listen to that.
I'm sure they are just ignoring the issue to spite you.

They are for sure not working on it, you are of course 100% correct.

Why do you automatically fill in maliciousness as the justification to other peoples actions whenever something doesn't go your way?

Reactions: Raknor and Moored

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I'm sure they are just ignoring the issue to spite you.

They are for sure not working on it, you are of course 100% correct.

Why do you automatically fill in maliciousness as the justification to other peoples actions whenever something doesn't go your way?
Not maliciousness, incompetence. He said he reported the bug MONTHS ago.

Reactions: Tzone

Jhackman

Jun 6, 2020
I think someone said they are waiting for a ue update to fix pathing for pets and mounts. But i donno sv doesnt talk on forums anymore..

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
If that's the blanket response. Why hang around the game so much?
Because I have loved the game for years. I am not a gamer, don't play any others, and they have to get it right or it will fail.
A stuck spot like that in a dungeon is so basic that they have to fix it.
If I did that quality of work I would be fired (and that is what I am afraid of, that customers will walk, ie, fire them.)

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
You speak as if you know how game development works, but you don't. You don't know star vault's priorities, you don't know why that spot exists in the first place. What you without a lick of knowledge think the problem is would probably be the guess furthest from the truth.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
The Road From Fabernum to Red Woods has a area of the road where horses get stuck. I have reported it like 20 times lol and it is still there.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
With this patch I noticed Pets randomly disappear. Like Legit 1 second they are near you and the next they are gone. A few moments later my Pet White Bear got into a fight with a Guard, I couldn't see what was happening and the Combat Log didn't pick up the fighting either. All I saw was Red letters "Your Pet Died" A day later I was running to Meduli with another White Bear and My Bear disappeared and I looked all over for it. And then It somehow started following me again, and even more amazing it had a follow range of like 1000 feet away I could see it in the distance running towards me and I was like Whaatttt the fuuuuuuuuck????? So I'd have to agree with Smerrick Idk how the devs don't fix this stuff.

And ya know what is funny, so the other day I was brainstorming and thinking about the pet changes that are coming soon. And It dawned on me, they could be changing pets because they were never able to get the bugs out of them.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
And ya know what is funny, so the other day I was brainstorming and thinking about the pet changes that are coming soon. And It dawned on me, they could be changing pets because they were never able to get the bugs out of them.
Not impossible.

The amount of manpower SV can put into any one thing is quite limited due to their size. But generally when you see "lack" of progress on something or problems staying for a long time its either being held back by R&D or its having major work put into it that you won't see. But also especially due small team size and the by the day closing dead line. Bug fixes(even geometry bugs) will have to wait until the foundation is actually there. They have a lot of major systems to implement and overhaul. They are not going to waste time on every little thing, just for them to come back when they add something new.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
You speak as if you know how game development works, but you don't. You don't know star vault's priorities, you don't know why that spot exists in the first place. What you without a lick of knowledge think the problem is would probably be the guess furthest from the truth.
None of that matters.

It is the sort of problem that convinces people not to play, that is what matters.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I dont want to take schm side, I dont really care. But you people piss me off just keep making excuses for everything.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Another armchair dev I see.

No matter how hard of a tantrum you throw and how many toys you break on the floor. You can't simply will development to go faster, it takes the time it takes.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
Another armchair dev I see.

No matter how hard of a tantrum you throw and how many toys you break on the floor. You can't simply will development to go faster, it takes the time it takes.
well arent you full of excuses for sv.

i think we all realize its a small team and everyone has their own ideas as to what priorities should be, but very soon they will not have a 'beta' where the magical beta washrag can wipe away all tears, but an actual released game and paying customers who, believe it or dont, expect a working product.

no working product -> no customers -> no money -> back to mo1 development timelines. maybe you're ok with that but i like to think henrik wont be so fast to squander the second chance for his baby.

they have the same serious issues with nodelines that they had with mo1 and never fixed. this is a serious core technology issue that no matter how much you scrub with that beta washrag, will simply not go away. someone on sv's team needs to get their elbow grease out and get some god damn roto-rooter and fix that shit. clearly whatever atlas technology snake oil they were sold either doesnt work or they've not implemented it correctly.

i dont know why nodes came into play so late to begin with, its an extremely important feature and clearly needs more fixing than they've put in so far.

-barcode

Reactions: PoisonArrows

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Ah yes, justify your tantrum instead of trying to understand how development works. that'll do it.

Last edited: