PvP Contract:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
MOFO2, I have 1 MORE post for all you assholes who never listen :D I mean, luv.

This is my last bone to throw to SV, to possibly save their game, which has become a sort of 'event' in sadness due to bleed out of player base. Ahem.

When you first play MO, they seem very sure they need to get the details of payment laid out. They make you sign that ASAP. That's gonna be the first thing you see, and that's OK, it's a sub based game, there aren't many (and you gotta sub thru their site,) etc... HOWEVER,

Why not open the game even before the EULA with a simple PvP contract. By simple I mean well written and poignant enough that it will catch a player's eye before he clicks 'accept,' or at least draw them in to reading it. The contract will say, in more words, probably more cleanly formatted, that Mortal Online is at its core a hardcore PvP sandbox and its whole economy and ecosystem revolves around that. People play diff, etc, you have to accept the consequences of your choice to play this game and find a way to deal with it. There will be emotional moments due to the nature of the game, ETC.

Not only would it add a kind of legitimacy that is missing (other than DICKS I dunno what else MO is giving that is hardcore,) but it would allow to player to intellectually assess what they are really getting themselves into. It's actually DAMN AMAZING that SV hasn't come up with this before, over all the shit they did to keep people from getting griefed out of MO1, up until now... not even a thought.

It works for both sides, gets the people who want your tears excited and maybe the other people can store some up before they emotionally invest so they don't get the rug pulled out so hard.

ASCII SHRUG.

Peace.