PvP Archery Build(s)

SirCoitus

May 12, 2021
(FYI: I am very new to this game, so I am very uneducated when it comes to the different races/lines and attributes and how a character should be played according to how they are built and what their potential is. I seek guidance!)

Hi, I'm looking for a good pvp archery build. I've looked through some build guides and tried to mimic one but ended up at human-full tindramene.

Here is my current build (#values after clade gifts added):
Human-Full Tindramene. Age 23. Size 202cm. 130% stout.
96 Con, 105 Str, 184 HP, 93 Dex, 110 Mana, 50 Int, 60 Psy.
Damage Bonus 24%

So, with this build I notice I'm pretty fast and seems like I have fast combat speed whenever I fight melee... But archery sorta feels meh... I know it depends on bow and mainly Str for dmg. I just want a build that focuses on pvp archery. I do play within a group, however sometimes I venture on solo so I need a little versatility.

Would this current build actually work okay for what I want to do? Or is it best to reroll? And what should I make?
Hopefully can get some feedback, thanks guys!

Rhias

May 28, 2020
In my opinion there are two main archer builds:
1. Veela with shortbows.
2. Heugar with longbow.

Veela's are the fastest build, with still decent str for bows (2 clade gifts that reduce str requirement by 10 each).
Huegar got a max of 121 str, and therefore the most damage.

Not sure if rerolling is really worth it. Nobody knows exactly when persistent will hit, and there will be a wipe before anyways.
So I would stick to your build for now. Might not be the best one, but for now it's OK.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
You have pretty much made a Paladin, no point having int unless you put it on 100 for spells.
This build will work for a foot archer with magic if you put all you psy into Int and take some magic skills or put all Int into psy for magic defence and have a melee weapon as secondary to make use of the damage bonus as it does not effect archery.

As far as a pure archer you would be better off with an Oghmir, Thursar or a Human with higher str mix, a Veela is a lateral move from what you have unless you plan on fighting in very specific areas.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
If you choose to reroll, you could try a 121 str huergar oghmir mounted archer. They are pretty OP. I have a human build that's a bit better than yours, with magic, archery, and spear skill, but I get hit for 50 in the head by oghmirs' arrows through my ironbone armor, and they are still fast enough at running to sticky me down on foot, or if 1v1 and I get them on the run they have ichor pipes for healing and good clade gifts for damage resistance.

Komodor

Jul 11, 2020
Depends on what you are looking for. Oghmirs can shoot the strongest bows, are best mounted archers and are quite tanky.
Thursars can use high str bows as well and they are very good melee fighters. They gonna be weak on mounts due to future weight/size limitations tho.
Alvarins can use up to 110 bows and they are the most nimble race. With addition of marksmanship skillbook they will be the best weakspot archers and viable MA. Also they receive clade gift buff next patch.
Humans are versatile. You can fit archery, potent magic and complex melee skills while maintaining high DMG bonus, decent speed and good health and mana pool. They are contender besides being limited by not working skillpool cladegift. And I believe they might be first Mounted Combat choice for lot of people (me included)

Last edited:

Glitch

Mar 27, 2021
Depends on what you are looking for. Oghmirs can shoot the strongest bows, are best mounted archers and are quite tanky.
Thursars can use high str bows as well and they are very good melee fighters. They gonna be weak on mounts due to future weight/size limitations tho.
Alvarins can use up to 110 bows and they are the most nimble race. With addition of marksmanship skillbook they will be the best weakspot archers and viable MA. Also they receive clade gift buff next patch.
Humans are versatile. You can fit archery, potent magic and complex melee skills while maintaining high DMG bonus, decent speed and good health and mana pool. They are contender besides being limited by not working skillpool cladegift. And I believe they might be first Mounted Combat choice for lot of people (me included)

Wait where did you read about a Alvarin Clade gift buff from next patch?

SirCoitus

May 12, 2021
Wow, some great responses guys thank you. A couple more questions.

I did reroll into Oghmir-Full Huegar.
Height 158cm (I went a couple points above minimum for a little dmg % for melee if needed)
Weight 130% stout
Age 30
Attr: 123 Str and 125 Con. (If I do 85 Dex, then I have what.. 6 points left?)

Skills: What should be my main focus here, of course archery... And prob start picking up MA.. I could prob go without blocking and aggressive stance?

Armor: Do I go heavy to be tanky while on a horse?

Last question: How exactly would you play a mounted archer? Assymetrical bow and just chase people down and shoot them? What would you typically see a Mounted Archer do in a fight?

Reactions: Rorry

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Max your strength, your Dex, and your Con.
Get archery, mounted archery, and a melee weapon skill. Can go without defensive and aggressive stance, if you need to, then without blocking if you have to. Probably go without swimming first though, maybe depending on where you play. You will have to drop some of the usual foot fighter skills. Don't get active regeneration, for instance, most know not to waste points on it, but in case you didn't.
For heavy armor training, get what amount you need to to raise the threshold for no stam penalty to be higher than the weight of the armor you will wear if you use bone armor, or level it to max if you will wear metal armor.
When fighting a mounted char, the usual is to focus down their mount, and then them. Don't just ride around in a circle, make sure you learn to shoot while zigging and zagging. Also, don't be in a position where you hesitate to take the first shot, if you have to let them hit you first you will likely lose because of the low hp of mounts and stupidly high damage of arrows.

Reactions: Redrick