PvE Server

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
IF YOU GUYS EVER LOCK A THREAD FOR NECRO-ING LOCK THIS ONE, FUCK. I wanna hit report so bad loool.

Reactions: Hodo

Kaden

Feb 3, 2022
That is basically Haven. Haven is the PVE server now. You learn and play there without the risk of PVP and you can get a good grasp of how the game is played without risk of players killing you.
I'm not saying that the PvE server is correct... I can't even imagine it. Must be PvP and PvE...
It is possible to vote and attack, but unfortunately the update speed is slow and we would get the idea in a year :)
Heaven is very poor and I would say 10% of the game for PvE...
PvE players can be comforted by seeing the consequences of their killers...e.g. a bounty hunter or murderer will be an outlaw and will not be accepted in a certain country and city, thanks to which he will lose his reputation, but in another city (murderer's city) he will have discounts and other benefits) It would be interesting to see a prison where the party would have to post bail or something. ...
To sum it up, I'm definitely not in favor of a PvE server, because it would just be a useless farming simulator.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Henrik has mentioned many times reasons why game will always be full loot and ffa pvp so its never gonna change. He won't change his mind about this even if it brings more new players because it would ruin all the core systems in game. This is clearly passion project to Henrik so he will go down with this path rather than changing game to something he wont like (or copy to every mmo on market like new world, eso).
Henrik is a classic example of a sigma male, basically someone who will follow their dream and vision to the ends of the earth even if no one else walks beside him. For that, he has my respect.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Henrik is a classic example of a sigma male, basically someone who will follow their dream and vision to the ends of the earth even if no one else walks beside him. For that, he has my respect.

I dunno. Maybe I used to believe that. I don't anymore. Shit is just weird now. I mean, on one hand, they cleaned up a crazy shit show, but on the other hand... I really don't think they expected that beginning thing to happen, and it changed everything.
STILL even before that, he def softened his vision to be more accessible. I have a sneaking suspicion his vision is tied to what certain people want, and those people may or may not be padding his pockets. :/

Rather than sigma, perhaps I am schizophrenic.

I didn't get x amount of money dumped on me, but I can say if you are truly following your dream and vision to the end of the earth, opportunities are very limited unless you find a mentor that is basically A. influential and B. awed by you. Once you lose that, it can get pretty grim at times. I say that w/ utmost empathy cuz I actually understand, but I'm sure you kinda get what I'm saying.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
I think the solution would be ONLY a PVE server but include GUILD warfare which deems opposing guild members at war are 24/7 open to pvp ANYWHERE they meet each other. Deem any guild can be at war with upto 5 other guilds at any one time and allow sieging of all their property. Wars last for 1 month unless the other guild surrenders outcome is decided on highest number of kills of opponents or base flag capture. Wars are optional ie a guild can say no to a war declaration. A war win is allotted 5 points and your guild position is on a ladder - a winner is declared and determined over a full season. A season maybe 1 year in duration. At the end of a season there is one month between the start of a new season and the last - giving guilds time to restock and rebuild where and if necessary - during this one month time span no wars maybe declared.

• Haha
Reactions: ElPerro

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I think the solution would be ONLY a PVE server but include GUILD warfare which deems opposing guild members at war are 24/7 open to pvp ANYWHERE they meet each other. Deem any guild can be at war with upto 5 other guilds at any one time and allow sieging of all their property. Wars last for 1 month unless the other guild surrenders outcome is decided on highest number of kills of opponents or base flag capture. Wars are optional ie a guild can say no to a war declaration. A war win is allotted 5 points and your guild position is on a ladder - a winner is declared and determined over a full season. A season maybe 1 year in duration. At the end of a season there is one month between the start of a new season and the last - giving guilds time to restock and rebuild where and if necessary - during this one month time span no wars maybe declared.

basic economic principle is the value of something needs a driving force. For this it's PvP, game would burn without pvp; even w/ all the duping pvp still keeps economics working on some level (cept books!!.) Just learn to think of them as elite mobs. lol. You will never get mad again.

Mumitroll95

Feb 15, 2024
Can I try to do it like in elite dangerous? When everyone is running on the same server, do players not see each other on PVP and PVE and cannot interact? There aren't many PVP players anyway, and PVP players won't lose anything from this. Of course, this will affect the economy of the game if there is only one market, so it's worth considering some of the features of the PVE mode.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Can I try to do it like in elite dangerous? When everyone is running on the same server, do players not see each other on PVP and PVE and cannot interact? There aren't many PVP players anyway, and PVP players won't lose anything from this. Of course, this will affect the economy of the game if there is only one market, so it's worth considering some of the features of the PVE mode.
Elite is not a single server game. Its thousands of instances connected together.each instance has a cap on how many players can be in it. Cant remember the number but it wasnt very high. So no, you cant see every player in your surroundings, only the ones hat can fit in your instance. The other players will be in other instances even if if thy are in the same spot as you. Also, ED has solo mode which completely removes pvp for those that dont want it. Its a completely different system than MO.