PvE Server

fuatX

Feb 5, 2022
Bakti- Morin Khur- Fabernum
The game was designed by and for those who wanted the full pvp full looting experience, and nothing less. Judging by its runaway success at launch it shows there is a massive market for games like MO2 as advertised. It did not need to change its vision to achieve that.

To suggest that it needs to bend its vision to cater for those who are not its target audience in order to be profitable, is to commit financial suicide. Legends of Aria is the most recent example of that, as exemplified by its extremely ill-advised 180 degree shift to go pve ruleset.

View attachment 3755

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
1) Hiding (and spotting) skill / invisibility potions. See a zerg cresting the hill? Too many MA to run or fight? Pop a 5g invis potion and wait until they move on.

Any other ideas?

To some extent this is already a player skill in game.

We cant turn invisible but we can use our surroundings to try and keep out of sight as much as possible.

As well as try to find good vantage points with cover and attempt to spot others before entering areas.

We can also try to identify the paths of travel that players would frequently use and try to avoid them.

Or at least know when we need to be more cautious of others.

I have lost players that I was traveling with because someone becomes distracted for just a second.

This type of thing can be used to your advantage as well.

Kaden

Feb 3, 2022
How to force PvE players to occasional PvP?
My idea .... various marked zones where there is and is not PvP ... I mean, for example, near the city would be a safe zone, but again weak monsters, material not much ..... If the player wanted better equipment, he had to would take risks and go to the danger zone, which needs to be controlled by the guild or there are players who crave blood, with the fact that the zones could even change.
I apologize to the player if I'm saying nonsense here and you probably already know how it will be in the future .... I haven't paid so much attention in the last few weeks...

Khulan

Feb 26, 2022
The consequences come from your peers, not from invincible policeman guards.

As early as the 18th century in America, codified common law was not able to be sufficiently enforced by the government on the frontier. Does that mean murderers ran rampant at that time?

No. What happened was that if someone in your village or town was a real bad guy and broke a lot of society's mores and rules, the other members of the town would band together to either banish, kill or otherwise punish the bad guy. This is more or less how it works in Mortal.

Right now I live in Jungle Camp, which is a 'lawless' unguarded town. Does that mean that people run around killing one another for no reason?

Well... sometimes, but not usually. If a geared player starts to grief nakeds or people trying to craft, you can be damn sure that some band of heroes will eventually form to politely ask the griefer to please stop. This request most often comes at the end of a sword or arrow.

I agree that murderers, and especially certain types of murder (killing a naked, killing a person with no weapon, ect) should have some sort of significant brand associated with it, but I do not agree that being a murderer should affect the mechanics of the game. It should only affect how other players treat you, and it does that already.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
The carebear wont see the light. Its 2022 we have decades of dealing with carebears to know how incredibly delusional and fucked up they are. Just let the thread die. The kid offers nothing.

Reactions: Gabriel

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
The carebear wont see the light. Its 2022 we have decades of dealing with carebears to know how incredibly delusional and fucked up they are. Just let the thread die. The kid offers nothing.
says the one who probably plays a murderer in the game and for him a world would collapse if he couldn't do it anymore. And others MUST leave the game from his point of view. Poor wretch.

Reactions: Cyrax

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
Why do so many people have such a problem with the notion of a single PvE server? Nothing would change on your PvP servers. Or are you all worried that everyone would flock to the PvE server?

Reactions: Joe McFly

Gabriel

Feb 12, 2022
Why do so many people have such a problem with the notion of a single PvE server? Nothing would change on your PvP servers. Or are you all worried that everyone would flock to the PvE server?
We need punks like you to beat the shit out of to fulfil our virtual egos and satisfaction.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021

economy would just collapse , and that's not how it's mean to be ....

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
economy would just collapse , and that's not how it's mean to be ....

The economy on the PvP servers? Please elaborate. Why would adding a PvE server, that you don't need to play on, that might bring players (and revenue) to a game that might not otherwise have these extra customers, be a problem for you? Or anyone for that matter!

Plenty of people are complaining about it, others a writing essays on the history of how historically, games developers changed their entire game's format to cater for "carebears" (thank you for that btw), which killed the spirit of the game. But nobody is meeting the point of exactly why creating one PvE server and not changing the game at all on the other servers would be a problem.

Nothing would change about your game.

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
This thread really needs to close. It's pointless.

There will never be a PvE server. Learn to defend yourself, hire others to defend you, join a guild or hire people to transport things for you. Learn to sandbox.
how do you know there will NEVER be a PvE server? Can it be that you are very afraid of this? Seems to me somehow like that. Nothing will change on the PvP server. And you can then kill each other.

D

Deleted member 44

GO
PLAY
SOMETHING
ELSE

Joe McFly

Jan 26, 2022
I also believe that the PvP players in the case of a PvE server will then have real opponents in PvP. Then there are no more newbies kills.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
The idea is that everyone exists in the same world and shares the same history.

Such a world will have all types of people. Including unsavory types like murderers and thieves.

If a player is not wanting to share the experience of this single world then honestly they may want to pass on this game.

Cyrax

Mar 24, 2022
GO
PLAY
SOMETHING
ELSE
What does it matter to you what I play? If they did create a PvE server and I played on that, how would it affect you? - Other than the fact that I, and other PvE gamers, gave StarVault some money which might help develop your game, and pay for it's maintenance.

Reactions: Najwalaylah