PVe and Pvp: the real problem

BleckCat

Jul 17, 2020
A carebear spends a hour hunting, killed and lose everything to a red. takes a minute maybe. no downside to red. pve loses alot of time invested compared to red. SV should make pve quicker/ animals drop weapons etc or make being red have more penalty for the time to get stuff from pve. this is the real problem of mortal. unequal time to players.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
A carebear spends a hour hunting, killed and lose everything to a red. takes a minute maybe. no downside to red. pve loses alot of time invested compared to red. SV should make pve quicker/ animals drop weapons etc or make being red have more penalty for the time to get stuff from pve. this is the real problem of mortal. unequal time to players.
Blame SV and their lack of animals for more then 10 players in the entire world of Myrland...

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah its hard to get right in PvP games. A lot of times defenders have a lot to lose whereas attackers have a lot to gain and little to lose. Ideally attackers need to be risking as much. I think the game mode that did the best at balancing this was honestly runescape deadman mode. If you attacked someone and you died you would lose 50% of your xp and your entire bank. And defenders would just lose their bank. The worst I've seen was in Crowfall where attackers literally lost nothing. You didn't drop loot on death. And defenders would drop all their resources which was really dumb and made it so people would just attack anyone on sight. In MO you have rep to risk at least. The issue is compounded by the fact that 1 gear and weapons are WAY too cheap in MO. Like way too cheap. And secondly whoever hits first has a MASSIVE advantage. And lastly if you are fighting a pve monster and get attacked you are super screwed.

SkarKrow

Apr 22, 2021
I totally disagree. You have a risk management problem. Quit risking so much if you can't defend it.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Hmm... unfortunately there arent any true reds in this game. Sure they maybe a murderer but they are still blue so the guards ignore them due to the reputation system. Then there is the aspect of thinking that a carebear spends and hour hunting and gets killed and loses everything. Uh.... I farm a lot and I consider myself less of a carebear I dont mind PVP I just dont go looking for it most nights. I easily get in 10+ hours of farming without so much as an issue, I might die once a week if that while farming.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
A red invests time to get to people, travelling time, gear, not to mention the risk of getting ganked aswell. Am i missing something here? Do reds have some teleportation skill that gets them right next to a dumbass noob with gold or mats?

How about the emotional damage reds have to endure when noobs start yelling in voip, when i kill people sometimes they insult me in voip and yell really loud. Often nothing they carry compensate me for hearing their inbreed voice.

Stundorn

Jul 18, 2021
@BleckCat
No Problem, because the Game has a PvEvP concept.
If you expect to PvE without possible PvP happening imgo you dont understand the concept.
Everyone more or less need to PVE to progress the character and equip, but its allways contested and everyone can attack/ force PvP on you.

The "problem" described is about 2 Players or groups having different aims at the same time at the same location or players that want to PvE/ gathering without the threat of PvP and play the wrong game then.

About having different priorities at the same time and location.
People who seek for PvP are allways in advantage.
They only risk what they have already gathered and PvE'd before they go out to PvP.
The others who get attacked while doing PvE lose their time gathering/ pve'ing the attackers did already.

The question is what type of player are you?
Defensive, agressive, hoarding or hand to mouth existence?

I dont like to be griefed, ganked or simply lose in whatever situation, but i like the threat of PvP and the risks to lose everything.

Im mostly prepared and only risk what i have in stock or can easily be replaced.

The only thing that can become a problem is running out of stock, getting killed more often than to safe your loot.

Everyone who is in that situation need to adapt their playstyle maybe, stop soloing that much, look for a guild, switch Region or alike.
If nothing would help i'd quit.

But imho almost everyone can find a niche in Myrland and make a living.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
This game is full loot and full PvP, thats what you signed up for.

Dont blame anyone except yourself for your own failures playing the game.

A red can be killed and if killed you take hours from him and make him spend time getting prepared again. Do this several times and he will leave you alone. Very simple but might take some form of investment.
Dont cry to mama Henrik to punish players enjoying his game because of fragile ego.