Pure Mage VS Pure Footie

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
@Piet
I said show me dont teach me. I doubt you can teach me anything. I like how you showed your "direct mana food" When all u did was SS the words direct mana. A lot of things have direct mana.
Now what im saiying is show me some direct mana food that is worth a dam. No no .0400 BS moon sponge. Send a SS of Direct mana being more then 5.00
You cant because that shit is not in the mfing game.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
hopefully this is looked further into when the team decides to take a relook at ecumenical. allowing it to be the "generic" magic school that encompasses all type of "legal" magic schools. ecumenical being "generic and broad" where as elementalism would be quite specific and narrow expertise.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
hopefully this is looked further into when the team decides to take a relook at ecumenical. allowing it to be the "generic" magic school that encompasses all type of "legal" magic schools. ecumenical being "generic and broad" where as elementalism would be quite specific and narrow expertise.
I think the problem with Elementalism is that most (all?) AoEs hit through walls and trees, which is just bad honestly. I always liked being a pyromancer in games like Dark Souls but in Mortal it's just a point and click adventure. But i agree Magic schools need to get some love. And with love i mean projectiles. Hitscan with the ping normalization feels really, really clunky and bad. Maybe some Lightning-spells could stay hitscan ( would make sense) but id love something that promotes skill over distance to server.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Im looking forward to the UE5 drop and for SV to go backwards into some of thier implementations now that they see the outcome.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
This still needs to be addressed. Currently strength based charecters get Speed , melee and ranged damage while mages just get ranged damage.

Navystylz

Apr 6, 2022
This still needs to be addressed. Currently strength based charecters get Speed , melee and ranged damage while mages just get ranged damage.
It's probably likely that Animism's 'Grow Claws' spell will be based on brawling. Starvault doesn't make updates to help any builds if they feel a future system or school will take care of it, even if that future system or school is 1-2 years off. It's just sorry, suck it up.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
It's probably likely that Animism's 'Grow Claws' spell will be based on brawling. Starvault doesn't make updates to help any builds if they feel a future system or school will take care of it, even if that future system or school is 1-2 years off. It's just sorry, suck it up.
well thanks for your opinion!

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Mages can use daggers with minimal point/stats investment. Its not as strong as other melee weapons but it does give the mage a way to parry and deal damage in melee range.
Pretty sure thats where SV wants to keep mages.relative weak in melee range. Close quarters engagements will always suck for mages.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
I disagree , the problem with current melee weapons is i hafto equip it then cannot cast spells so the literal action of equiping it defeats an intelligence build. staffs being spellchanneling will fix the combat for mages if somthing like this isnt implemented.

Reactions: Navystylz

Navystylz

Apr 6, 2022
I disagree , the problem with current melee weapons is i hafto equip it then cannot cast spells so the literal action of equiping it defeats an intelligence build. staffs being spellchanneling will fix the combat for mages if somthing like this isnt implemented.
And this isn't even good enough. I can parry melee attacks, and watch as the damage bleeds through. Because it's not enough to equip a melee weapon as a mage and go purely on defense, but to make it work you have to invest in blocking and all that and hopefully stop the bleed.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Mages can use daggers with minimal point/stats investment. Its not as strong as other melee weapons but it does give the mage a way to parry and deal damage in melee range.
Pretty sure thats where SV wants to keep mages.relative weak in melee range. Close quarters engagements will always suck for mages.
investing 100 points into daggers is exactly the same as putting 100 skill into axes. it still makes no sense as both weapons are based off of strength to do damage. keep in mind while not holding either in your hand and not being able to cast you also lose 10% movement speed for putting a weapon away to cast.

Navystylz

Apr 6, 2022
This is why it's my hope that with animism:
1. The grow claw skill scales with Brawling
2. Grow claws consider you to be wielding first and not weapons, so that there is no big delay between casting and fighting

Reactions: Midas

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Ok.. (referring back to original post) .... what if we could just get an ecumenical spell that would allow us to parry and reflect % dmg back at the attacker with a skill check . so if i parry an attack correctly with the spell it reflects damage back.

Reactive armor- Allows mages to parry/block hits while unarmed and return damage to the attacker.
spell type - Buff with medium to long duration. Ecumenical. int/psych/blocking.

50-mana cast
5minutes duration
reflectdmg based off psych.

this allows mages to stay in combat mode and keep the % movement speed increase from momentum.

essentially this is to prevent the situation where as soon as a footy of anykind gets in close proximity to a mage he can at least defend without having to arm a weapon wich renders mages completely useless.

This is effectively making it so that mages can defend themselves in 1v1 situations against a footie.

as it stands now mages are forced to pull out a dagger to parry and wait to die.

this is effectively a means to skillfully with parry stop a footfighter from just relentlessly attacking you until your inevitable defeat.

the numbers would hafto be tweaked of course this is just a skeleton of a GOOD SPELL. somthing mages are lacking in a form of defense.

Last edited:

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
As staff magic is not going to be what most mages expect i suggest SV look at the post right before this one. as it stands SV has givin mages great offense capabilities with the spells that have been added. HOWEVER none of them have fixed the issues mages have had or complained about from the beginning. WHICH by the way is a large amount of players affected by this... the only way to be a solo PURE mage at this point AND I SAY PURE AS IN NOT HYBRID is to use pets wich most of us despise.

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
@Midas you've spent much of the post describing a solution to a problem I still don't understand from the post? Whats the problem here? Is it that mages can't 1v1 foot fighters? Maybe neither of those?n6 Youre first line of your post states that there is a disparity between mages and foot fighters and you don't even state what the disparity is. please clarify.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
@Midas you've spent much of the post describing a solution to a problem I still don't understand from the post? Whats the problem here? Is it that mages can't 1v1 foot fighters? Maybe neither of those?n6 Youre first line of your post states that there is a disparity between mages and foot fighters and you don't even state what the disparity is. please clarify.
picture this. your a human mage on foot in the jungle alone. when all of a sudden you see a footy 30 feet away from you. he notices you and starts running at you with his sword out with an obvious attempt to kill you. you go to cast spurt on him to break his bubble then start casting a damage spell. now hes on you. you pull out a dagger because its all you have , you cant escape he has much more speed then you although hes fully armored , he starts slashing at you. so you pary. he keeps attacking so you parry.he keeps attacking so you parry.he keeps attacking so you parry.he keeps attacking so you parry.he keeps attacking so you parry.he keeps attacking so you parry.he keeps attacking so you parry. eventually you realize there is no much you can do so you attempt to heal because he has almost kill you with chip damage. so you take 3 seconds to disarm the dagger all while running slower then him while hes hitting you becasue he gains 10% speed just for being in combat. you cant match his speed because youve just put your dagger away. now youve tried a last ditch effort to get a heal off. you move even slower while casting. you get hit one last time into mercy. then he kills you. thats the end of the scenario.

my solution allows for a defensive spell. that is needed for all pure mages. in pvp AND pve.