Pure Mage playstyle and spells to come with elementalism.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
I have reviewed the Old elementalism spells on youtube. im verry curious to see how they are implemented without a massive strain on FPS for most players.
That being said i am verry excited as ive been told numerous times by henrik in his stream that these are the spells pure mages want and will make them viable.

I am also genuinely concerned , as i see many opportunities for improvement in the already existing schools.

I know spiritists are having issues atm aswell as necromancers with their rituals , i never picked up either of these schools as it doesnt fit the "story" to the character i wish to half ass RP.

My biggest gripe thus far is lack of mobility to the basic school of magic (ecumenical).

Henrik has mentioned many times that there would be an armor spell and even some movement added to the ecumenical school to circumvent the bunnyhopping on spell casting.

at this time id like to say that i feel the ecumenical mage is lacking in pvp and pve potential. yes its basicly the only healer atm wich i find strange.
i would like to make a list of recommeded changes , things that i feel were possibly implemented expediantly rather then precisely.

il start off with the lack of mobility , this school is based off of UO i know that, however UO is much different in gameplay as it was much harder to hit and catch a mage in uo. mages had defense chance increase and evasion through multiple skills (wrestleing + evaluating intelligence= passive evasion) and this isnt somthing that is currently offered in mo2.

My suggestion in this case would be to add 2 Spell to ecumenical and exchange one spell with another school.

the 2 spells i think would make up for the difference in playstyle would be.

(Harm) - this spell will add a buff similar to magic reflect that would enhance the casters weaponless hands aided with the brawling skill to do extra dmg with a formula of somthing like brawling+dex/int/psych to increase the damage a mage could do TOE to TOE withe players and NPCs. (this is huge because mages would no longer need a dagger to run at full speed like everyone else and could cast spells and brawl simultaneously Allowing for more fluid gameplay)

(Reactive Armor) - a buff spell similar to magic reflect however this spell allows mages to block while brawling , Maybe even return a % of damage dependent on Int/Psych/Scribe skill level.

(Corrupt) - should be givin to necromancers as it fits their class lore.

(Poisen) - should then be givin back to ecumenical mage , This being a damage overtime spell that can be cured/purified as well as healed through with bandages. Also its damage over time should scale directly with the poisen skill when added to the game but should require better reagents for different strenghts.

(purify) - should go to spiritists

(cure) - should replace purify for ecumenical.

(Soul Mend) - this spell should be a Heal over time spell for spiritists.

These changes alone i believe would help deliver the right feel to each school and would improve the overall mage combat.

With these changes in place mages would not be pushing so hard to see staff magic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jasa and Elijah

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
These are nice suggestions but a copy paste from most UO spells. I would like to see mages more viable , able to farm alone and not depend on a pet or warriors but I think that isn’t gonna happen anytime soon; we have to play our support role, that’s all for us at he moment .

Reactions: Elijah

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
These are nice suggestions but a copy paste from most UO spells. I would like to see mages more viable , able to farm alone and not depend on a pet or warriors but I think that isn’t gonna happen anytime soon; we have to play our support role, that’s all for us at he moment .
the only copy and paste is the name of the spells and they are only their for example as you know the hit system was completely different.

the reason for the harm and reactive armor spell is mages ARE slower then all other counterparts because they hafto switch to a weapon or brawling to get full speed out of their charecter those first two spells will keep mages at full speed just like foot fighters because they always have a weapon out.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Its important to try to push this issue as it fixes a major game flaw for solo mages that dont want to be dominators or tamers or hyrbid dagger users.

at the moment the magery bothers me because it doesnt fit the "lore" in my head and im sure of most mages as to what they would like to see or RP as.

staff magic would be great However this is another playstyle called wizard lol.

Reactions: Elijah

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
I have reviewed the Old elementalism spells on youtube. im verry curious to see how they are implemented without a massive strain on FPS for most players.
That being said i am verry excited as ive been told numerous times by henrik in his stream that these are the spells pure mages want and will make them viable.

I am also genuinely concerned , as i see many opportunities for improvement in the already existing schools.

I know spiritists are having issues atm aswell as necromancers with their rituals , i never picked up either of these schools as it doesnt fit the "story" to the character i wish to half ass RP.

My biggest gripe thus far is lack of mobility to the basic school of magic (ecumenical).

Henrik has mentioned many times that there would be an armor spell and even some movement added to the ecumenical school to circumvent the bunnyhopping on spell casting.

at this time id like to say that i feel the ecumenical mage is lacking in pvp and pve potential. yes its basicly the only healer atm wich i find strange.
i would like to make a list of recommeded changes , things that i feel were possibly implemented expediantly rather then precisely.

il start off with the lack of mobility , this school is based off of UO i know that, however UO is much different in gameplay as it was much harder to hit and catch a mage in uo. mages had defense chance increase and evasion through multiple skills (wrestleing + evaluating intelligence= passive evasion) and this isnt somthing that is currently offered in mo2.

My suggestion in this case would be to add 2 Spell to ecumenical and exchange one spell with another school.

the 2 spells i think would make up for the difference in playstyle would be.

(Harm) - this spell will add a buff similar to magic reflect that would enhance the casters weaponless hands aided with the brawling skill to do extra dmg with a formula of somthing like brawling+dex/int/psych to increase the damage a mage could do TOE to TOE withe players and NPCs. (this is huge because mages would no longer need a dagger to run at full speed like everyone else and could cast spells and brawl simultaneously Allowing for more fluid gameplay)

(Reactive Armor) - a buff spell similar to magic reflect however this spell allows mages to block while brawling , Maybe even return a % of damage dependent on Int/Psych/Scribe skill level.

(Corrupt) - should be givin to necromancers as it fits their class lore.

(Poisen) - should then be givin back to ecumenical mage , This being a damage overtime spell that can be cured/purified as well as healed through with bandages. Also its damage over time should scale directly with the poisen skill when added to the game but should require better reagents for different strenghts.

(purify) - should go to spiritists

(cure) - should replace purify for ecumenical.

(Soul Mend) - this spell should be a Heal over time spell for spiritists.

These changes alone i believe would help deliver the right feel to each school and would improve the overall mage combat.

With these changes in place mages would not be pushing so hard to see staff magic.
I think that even just one or two of these changes would massively improve mage QOL. As is it’s super frustrating. Zombies gave us some strength is some situations, but they’re super situational and mostly for mob farm, and that’s still using pets a crutch. I just wonder what the extra 40 spells are that they’ve added to elementalism. Could be that it is everything we’ve needed, but they also said that about necro.