Psyche changes

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
It's certainly easy. I don't know what game you're playing but maybe if you're playing with a steering wheel or your non dominant hand you may find it difficult to land spells. Or maybe you're one of those players that think having 40-50 fps is a playable and competitive performance benchmark.

There's nothing about mage that requires the same depth of mechanics as foot fighter, and with how effective it is to play it in group settings, which is what the game is mostly about, it's stupidly overpowered. Mages require miniscule commitment to be at maximum PvP efficiency, where as foot fighters require a ton more gear. This has been a problem in Mortal for years.

how many buttons do you need to play FF? i believe it's just like LMB RMB..... and have you seen the HOTbar of the mages while having to run for their lives, and decide, Jump cast, Pull shield, and no DPS, or kite if i'm at the right distance. i'm kinda over the whole gatekeeping with "it takes more skill" well play mage then...... why arnt you playing mage? because you're on easy street playing Melee

but the clear evidence, is in the CEO's build of a mage, you can see that the class is in a really weak spot where survivability is just not in most builds, and the ones that have it are so slow you could hold W to catch them and interrupt their dps with a 60% chance....

Reactions: EZgold

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
how many buttons do you need to play FF? i believe it's just like LMB RMB..... and have you seen the HOTbar of the mages while having to run for their lives, and decide, Jump cast, Pull shield, and no DPS, or kite if i'm at the right distance. i'm kinda over the whole gatekeeping with "it takes more skill" well play mage then...... why arnt you playing mage? because you're on easy street playing Melee

but the clear evidence, is in the CEO's build of a mage, you can see that the class is in a really weak spot where survivability is just not in most builds, and the ones that have it are so slow you could hold W to catch them and interrupt their dps with a 60% chance....

I've played every class and play magic consistently. Just because you downplay and lack an actual understanding of melee mechanics doesn't make your opinion factual. Trying to discredit melee by saying it's just LMB and RMB is probably the dumbest and most juvenile argument you could have made. What exactly about the hotbar makes something more skillful mechanically? At the end of the day with a mage you're still pressing a singular button with hitscan aim, and doing far more damage as well as DPS uninterrupted than any melee is going to manage.

You're not even considering the fact certain builds of mage can wear heavier armour which makes them very difficult to kill. The ever so brainless RMB that you reference is also usable on a mage, and essentially gives them the exact same survivability as a warrior, more when you consider they can break stickybacks by jumping on terrain, enough time to heal themselves. Mages also always are using shields, which grants a sizeable equipment hit zone. Since mages are ultimately the life blood of the group, being one of the most important and powerful classes, they're protected consistently by fighters.

Your problems aren't problems.

It's a skill issue.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
I've played every class and play magic consistently. Just because you downplay and lack an actual understanding of melee mechanics doesn't make your opinion factual. Trying to discredit melee by saying it's just LMB and RMB is probably the dumbest and most juvenile argument you could have made. What exactly about the hotbar makes something more skillful mechanically? At the end of the day with a mage you're still pressing a singular button with hitscan aim, and doing far more damage as well as DPS uninterrupted than any melee is going to manage.

You're not even considering the fact certain builds of mage can wear heavier armour which makes them very difficult to kill. The ever so brainless RMB that you reference is also usable on a mage, and essentially gives them the exact same survivability as a warrior, more when you consider they can break stickybacks by jumping on terrain, enough time to heal themselves. Mages also always are using shields, which grants a sizeable equipment hit zone. Since mages are ultimately the life blood of the group, being one of the most important and powerful classes, they're protected consistently by fighters.

Your problems aren't problems.

It's a skill issue.

Uninterrupted? are you kidding me? i cant have a logical conversation with you, if you understand the depth that comes form a playstyle that comes with 2 buttons, then ask what a Mage that uses 20 spells, and has callouts from more people that you've had mandatory requests from while trying to defend yourself then you have a skill issue and a confirmation bias. And your problems are not problems enjoy playing FF when everything else gets in the game and I'll use my empty popcorn bucket to collect the tears you put on the forums 🍿keep complaining about systems that you dont use or understand

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
All the "skilled" FFs on here sure complain about nerfing the Litteral Weakest class in the entire game it's a really good look and speaks to your skill level

Tzone

May 16, 2021
@AssassinOTL

This dude rerolled a mage like a week ago. Hes is owning people and has no issues surviving or being viable.

Most of the time as a mage you are using 1 button, Not some type of high APM gameplay. It takes seconds to channel which you are not pressing anything. The APM of mages is probably in the teens if you are free casting.

I play ESDF instead of WASD. I have target self as Q and target other as A. I know that mages will play Q and E respectively. You are talking about hotbars yet mages mainly do the same magic over and over with one key. I have no problems even on my hybrids with pressing ctrl + # to select my spells. How hard is it to press E every 3-5 seconds? How hard is it to jump channel? How hard is it to just turn around to use the shield on your back? How hard is jump over obstacles or on top of them?

You were one of the people I was talking about when I mentioned mages that know they are OP and admitted it in private. After you agreed with people who showed to videos of good mages playing you still went straight to discord to pretend that mages were somehow bad. Its not even about mages being strong or weak its about people purposefully lying now. I know you know, that you are wrong.

You have repeatedly been explained to on how to play mage and you still just stand still with out ever even trying to implement tactics you were told to do in order to survive as mage. Just how you play the game and say its hard to press maybe a different key on a hotbar shows that you dont understand "systems"

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
Uninterrupted? are you kidding me? i cant have a logical conversation with you, if you understand the depth that comes form a playstyle that comes with 2 buttons, then ask what a Mage that uses 20 spells, and has callouts from more people that you've had mandatory requests from while trying to defend yourself then you have a skill issue and a confirmation bias. And your problems are not problems enjoy playing FF when everything else gets in the game and I'll use my empty popcorn bucket to collect the tears you put on the forums 🍿keep complaining about systems that you dont use or understand

Lol.

I've played with these systems since the beta of MO1.

If you're so certain these mechanics are so easy I'd love to see your competency. I highly doubt you're capable at all on a fighter.

When I refer to uninterrupted, I mean that the DPS a mage can output is far greater than a fighter, especially uninterrupted. There are many variables to a fighters damage and output capability, such as gear and weapon material. The only thing limiting a mage is easily acquired reagents that are widely available and insanely cheap, even compared to the most easily attainable fighter gear. The only other limiting factor is psyche, which doesn't do enough to mitigate magery and ultimately relies on a large amount of RNG to prove useful.

You can definitely have a logical conversation with me, though I doubt you and I share the same definition of it. I perfectly do understand the depth that comes from pretty much all playstyles in this game, and if you're trying to tell me that because a mage has to bind multiple spells that it somehow makes the actual mechanical usage and preparation of said spells any different at all, then I just have no idea what to say to you. Ultimately, each spell acts the same, you charge it, and you use the hitscan targeting to cast it. How is this complicated? How exactly, is this more mechanically complicated than anything a fighter does?

You do realize that everything a mage has to keep track of, awareness, positioning, call outs, a fighter has to do? Except a fighter has to worry about feints, hitting his team mates with an actual, controllable weapon arc. He has to worry about blocking, sometimes from multiple targets (hence the awareness aspect, though I doubt you get the depth of that, after all you just need to look at your screen. How is that skillful?) and not to mention his stamina bar, which is in constant usage.

You just don't know what you're talking about. So quit trying to act like an authority with mechanics you barely understand. If you're so positive that your knowledge and capabilities as a mage can transfer over oh so well to such an easy class, you can probably prove it to me in a fight, right? Yeah, we both know that's not going to happen.

You're dense.

Reactions: Tzone

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
you post all these videos, but where are the videos of you being Beaten by mages in these "unfair" ways that you keep saing it's OP? you'll post you rolling some guys in a group to say it's op, but where are the times that you died in ways you explained? yeah i dont think you have anything like that do you? if you do post it and i'll see what you're talking about rather than one to confirm your bias claims the mage in your vids are like best case scenario when they get hit once, maybe twice on easy finishes and say that's good gameplay and cut it, lest see full fights agains good numbers not ganking at Fab GY XD

your videos had more cuts than a directors edit

we're not talking about Rat play right? you said you were talking about High skilled gameplay, i want a vid from and actualy battle out in the world not in a starter Haven area

Last edited:

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
@AssassinOTL

This dude rerolled a mage like a week ago. Hes is owning people and has no issues surviving or being viable.

Most of the time as a mage you are using 1 button, Not some type of high APM gameplay. It takes seconds to channel which you are not pressing anything. The APM of mages is probably in the teens if you are free casting.

I play ESDF instead of WASD. I have target self as Q and target other as A. I know that mages will play Q and E respectively. You are talking about hotbars yet mages mainly do the same magic over and over with one key. I have no problems even on my hybrids with pressing ctrl + # to select my spells. How hard is it to press E every 3-5 seconds? How hard is it to jump channel? How hard is it to just turn around to use the shield on your back? How hard is jump over obstacles or on top of them?

You were one of the people I was talking about when I mentioned mages that know they are OP and admitted it in private. After you agreed with people who showed to videos of good mages playing you still went straight to discord to pretend that mages were somehow bad. Its not even about mages being strong or weak its about people purposefully lying now. I know you know, that you are wrong.

You have repeatedly been explained to on how to play mage and you still just stand still with out ever even trying to implement tactics you were told to do in order to survive as mage. Just how you play the game and say its hard to press maybe a different key on a hotbar shows that you dont understand "systems"

I think honestly you would have made a better point with a Free Horses vid for high skill gameplay from a mage he is insane on that end if you wanted to show how strong mages could be you know he doest just spam one spell and leave it at that

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021

here's an uncut example of a formation falling apart as soon as they push their weakest point in the formation, the Backline where the mages are he pushes 3 and leaves with just a Fulm as punishment when you're not sitting right next to a pond, and are jumping players that are skilling up in GY

Havoc

Aug 23, 2021
why is it common that the players who dedicate a lot of time into mo practicing say mages are low effort high reward...
Its like every person who is competent at melee. These same players can reroll a mage and dominate footfighters.

But the thread is about removing RNG mechanics from pyche so its better for everyone.
"The best footfighters can reroll to *insert any other playstyle* and destroy everyone."
You really seem to like this logic and use it to ask for nerfs in every thread about PVP balance. If it were true none of the "best" players would footfight. But instead its one of the most popular playstyles.

Reactions: AssassinOTL

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
"The best footfighters can reroll to *insert any other playstyle* and destroy everyone."
You really seem to like this logic and use it to ask for nerfs in every thread about PVP balance. If it were true none of the "best" players would footfight. But instead its one of the most popular playstyles.

It's one of the most popular playstyles because it's also one of the most mechanically complex ones, so people who desire to push themselves gravitate towards it. Nobody wants to be known for being good at an easy class, except for simps, in a more classical meaning.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021

wow you are wrong.

Mage is easy, which means alot of people who tryhard to increase their skills get borded with it. Also MO2 is one of the only MMOs and few games with directional melee which draws a lot of people to only play for directional melee. Melee fighters just have to use so much more effort then a mage period and then severely outplay the mage to win. Luckily good players dont gravitate to mage that much because its not very skill based.

People want nerfs because its so easy yet so better then the harder and far more skill based melee combat of the game. You have this mechanically in depth and skill based system with no counters to magic damage.

No point in arguing with assassin since I know for a fact he doesn't believe what he is saying.

Havoc

Aug 23, 2021
It's one of the most popular playstyles because it's also one of the most mechanically complex ones, so people who desire to push themselves gravitate towards it. Nobody wants to be known for being good at an easy class, except for simps, in a more classical meaning.
I'm not saying that mage isn't less mechanically complex then footfighting. It obviously is- but it does not need nerfs. Mages have been OP in the past, at one point in MO1 almost all footfighting groups started running near half their composition as mages and prepping t-lashes to focus people down.

The logic that guilds won't play something because "they don't want to be known for playing an easy class" is garbage and illogical. People play to win in group pvp. Anyone can relog to their FF for 1v1 duels if they care about that type of rep. Mages are not dominating group pvp regardless of it being a less complex system. Mages give up mass survivability for their utility, and nerfing them would simply reduce a playstyle that is already less popular.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021

wow you are wrong.

Mage is easy, which means alot of people who tryhard to increase their skills get borded with it. Also MO2 is one of the only MMOs and few games with directional melee which draws a lot of people to only play for directional melee. Melee fighters just have to use so much more effort then a mage period and then severely outplay the mage to win. Luckily good players dont gravitate to mage that much because its not very skill based.

People want nerfs because its so easy yet so better then the harder and far more skill based melee combat of the game. You have this mechanically in depth and skill based system with no counters to magic damage.

No point in arguing with assassin since I know for a fact he doesn't believe what he is saying.

Not true Boden here also plays mage, and look at how he "outplays" this mage, because he understands the class very well i dont see the challenge in hitting a punching bag and saying it's hard you're just not going to convince me that this one sided fight is anything other than an easy kill that you move on from. it's OP that the FF can just roll over a mage like this and there is no real way for the mage to use it's class to defend itself

and again jumping People in GY is not an excuse that mages are any good outside of hopping on people that are already engaged in PVE and are prob no paying attention, and stating up.... and we all know that's not the persone first hour ever as a mage :rolleyes: unless you want me to show you some first hour mages lol

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
But let us not forget the Hard and technical "outplays" that the FF has to make and think about to beat the OP mage TZone get a pointy stick and run in a circle. Top tier gameplay pay special attention how hard it is for him to spam his spear while the mage gets spells interrupted. riveting.

it's just mage abuse at this point that's a new mage right there