Psyche changes

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yall kind of buffed mages to much. They need the opposite while hybrids need the buff. Pretty much just buffed magic across the board which is nice to make hybrid viable.

Buff for now talking about psyche. RNG resist and just RNG is skillbased games is not good. Having a little bit of RNG like a difference of min 60 max 66 is fine. But in the case of Psyche you get it and hope it resist.

I think psyche should be redone to be more trust worthy. A straight damage reduction only based off the % of damage done from magic. Instead of getting hit for a 80 fulm from a 138 int would be lets say 54 from a 30% reduction and a 54 from a 85 int would then be around 38. Percentage instead of flat damage reduction so high psyche builds can still take some damage from lower int builds. It will really just help negate damage from really high int.

Another buff they should do is increase the amount you are healed should increase by a small or medium % amount.

Makes psyche more worth it and removes RNG mechanics.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't what you're suggesting already the case? You get both magic reduction plus a chance to resist?

1615364228419-png.1287

Reactions: Serverus

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Something to also consider is that Henrik has talked about more depth being put into Armor Crafting, and that there 'will be' an enchantment system. I imagine these factors will influence magic defence to a degree.

Being that they don't exist it's hard to deal with things in the meantime.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Yall kind of buffed mages to much. They need the opposite while hybrids need the buff. Pretty much just buffed magic across the board which is nice to make hybrid viable.

Buff for now talking about psyche. RNG resist and just RNG is skillbased games is not good. Having a little bit of RNG like a difference of min 60 max 66 is fine. But in the case of Psyche you get it and hope it resist.

I think psyche should be redone to be more trust worthy. A straight damage reduction only based off the % of damage done from magic. Instead of getting hit for a 80 fulm from a 138 int would be lets say 54 from a 30% reduction and a 54 from a 85 int would then be around 38. Percentage instead of flat damage reduction so high psyche builds can still take some damage from lower int builds. It will really just help negate damage from really high int.

Another buff they should do is increase the amount you are healed should increase by a small or medium % amount.

We already get magic damage resistance and a chance to resist. I used to think as you do that we didn't, but it turns out my character was bugged to where the psy was not registering. I moved my attribute points a little, 1 from strength to psy if I remember correctly, then relogged and the effects of the psy kicked in. The damage difference between 60 psy and 14 psy from a fulm was 14 points average (mage was 105 int.) The resist occurrence seemed to be a 10% chance, and it more than halved the damage,

Reactions: AssassinOTL
D

Deleted member 44

Defensive attributes should always give drastically more defense than an offense attribute, it's just good game design and isn't how psyche seems to be working right now.

Reactions: AssassinOTL

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Why nerf magic damage? If you do this than the playstyle will no longer be viable and everyone will be forced to play Thursar foot Fighters. I like the numbers the way they are. Nothing is wrong with psyche defense it does help based on the math. I’ve went from 20 psy to 82 psy sacrificing some con and Dex to defend against Magic. Fulmination damage went from 65 to 35 halfed.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Why nerf magic damage? If you do this than the playstyle will no longer be viable and everyone will be forced to play Thursar foot Fighters. I like the numbers the way they are. Nothing is wrong with psyche defense it does help based on the math. I’ve went from 20 psy to 82 psy sacrificing some con and Dex to defend against Magic. Fulmination damage went from 65 to 35 halfed.
Magic was frankly far too strong before they buffed it. The high end of int is the issue now. If someone cant win with hitscan, unparrable, damage that goes through armor for 60-75 damage then something is wrong with the mage. I see some of the same people that had said mages were underpowered just standing still in fights. These same people when shown videos of mages own secretly admitted it was viable but still went back to lying about it being underpowered. These people know who they are.Mage is easy to play but boring because its easy.

I have like 64 psyche with isnt psy fighter levels but ok for it. I have played higher psy in the past so people really need to stop making assumptions of other people and what they play.

What Im asking is that just remove the RNG associated.

Reactions: Deleted member 44

Tzone

May 16, 2021
We already get magic damage resistance and a chance to resist. I used to think as you do that we didn't, but it turns out my character was bugged to where the psy was not registering. I moved my attribute points a little, 1 from strength to psy if I remember correctly, then relogged and the effects of the psy kicked in. The damage difference between 60 psy and 14 psy from a fulm was 14 points average (mage was 105 int.) The resist occurrence seemed to be a 10% chance, and it more than halved the damage,
I dont want resist chance. Just get rid of any RNG. I dont feel happy when I see [Resist]. The mage casted and only did 12 because I was lucky not because I my self did a active action to counterplay the mage.

RNG is just bad for gameplay.

Reactions: Rorry

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
Magic was frankly far too strong before they buffed it. The high end of int is the issue now. If someone cant win with hitscan, unparrable, damage that goes through armor for 60-75 damage then something is wrong with the mage. I see some of the same people that had said mages were underpowered just standing still in fights. These same people when shown videos of mages own secretly admitted it was viable but still went back to lying about it being underpowered. These people know who they are.Mage is easy to play but boring because its easy.

I have like 64 psyche with isnt psy fighter levels but ok for it. I have played higher psy in the past so people really need to stop making assumptions of other people and what they play.

What Im asking is that just remove the RNG associated.
You’re wrong about two things using magic is not easy or boring. You still have to have the skill to overcome a Thursar or Oghmir with 123 strength that can kill you in 3 hits. It takes time to cast so magic is balanced in its power for lack of attack speed. Just let people play what they like. Simple as that. No need to cry nerf because a mage beat you. Wait until they bring necromancy and elementalism in then you’re really going to cry.

Last edited:

sloppyjoe

Jun 7, 2021

Yes psyche is in a bad spot. You have to have like 100+ for it to matter, and at that point you’re a gimped version of another character. If 70-80 psyche felt better it would be a lot more viable. Needs a buff to the resist curve similar to the one INT just got.

Reactions: Snasen

Snasen

May 28, 2020
Yes psyche is in a bad spot. You have to have like 100+ for it to matter, and at that point you’re a gimped version of another character. If 70-80 psyche felt better it would be a lot more viable. Needs a buff to the resist curve similar to the one INT just got.
Agree to the curve. I believe It would be really healthy for stat balance to give psy a steeper curve to start out. Psy is 100% the least used stat by far atm

Also wouldnt mind a direct buff to psy either.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Sometimes I ask myself: do people even Roll psy fighters before posting here? Feels like people don’t want get hit by magic with like 10 psy... 😔
We see one of these post hating on magic at least once a week. It's a waste of time trying to explain to them again that a Fat Mage hitting 80s can't run away from anything unless on mount, and a Dex Mage hitting 55s will die from 3-4 shots from a bow, which all foot fighters have access to. Add in PSY and mage deals even less damage then the numbers i listed, and becomes the play style that has the least amount of 1v1 potential to win... literally! I think these guys are getting beaten by Dex Mages and won't roll a Alvarin Fighter themselves, or won't Mc, or MA. I see these post and i don't understand why they always appear, Mages are the easiest class to beat because once you hit them they can't even fight back. Of Course a Thursar isn't supposed to catch a Dex mage... Otherwise why would Alvarin foot fighter exist... 1 Build isn't supposed to beat them all, and these guys are all rocking 89 Dex Thursar/Oghmirs/Humans trying to catch 130 dex mages.....

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021

psyche is it an op Place, of course if you are going to counter play mages you shouldn't be able to also be the Strongest FF build, the "FF should counter all classes at once and have no counter without consequences" argument in the FF community is so outrageously Hypocritical when saying something is OP so i should be OP. In this thread are tons of examples as to why mages are the weakest in a fight against any class, but the few saying they are too over powered and need to be nerfed more when SV is doing a great job getting it to a good place.

The simple fact of the matter is FF don't want to take a hit to their build to have a full PSY fighter build, and if you get a 50% damage reduction to a class that you can 3 hit with a 60% chance on each of those hits to interrupt any returning DPS and say it's unbalanced in the FF's favor you're lying to us or yourselves. the Mages "gameplay" after their first spell is to run and hope not to be caught because of the imbalance in power and gameplay is a clear sign the mage class is not in a good place. If in a fight the mages options are stand and die or run and stop DPS it needs to be changed for more competitive fighting on the mages end.

If you think mages are overpowered then when the Arena opens in Tindrem they should be at the top of the list, but we all know they wont even participate because of the lack of balance and power favoring the FF. it's not even a competition and they should be balancing it so that the high end skilled mages are able to compete with the FF to where they can win or even just participate. otherwise you're saying that the class cant even think of joining Content that open to all classes? lets get real and start really looking at it from every angle and not just your own. No hate just Intelligent discussion, open to Constructive Criticism

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
psyche is it an op Place, of course if you are going to counter play mages you shouldn't be able to also be the Strongest FF build, the "FF should counter all classes at once and have no counter without consequences" argument in the FF community is so outrageously Hypocritical when saying something is OP so i should be OP. In this thread are tons of examples as to why mages are the weakest in a fight against any class, but the few saying they are too over powered and need to be nerfed more when SV is doing a great job getting it to a good place.

The simple fact of the matter is FF don't want to take a hit to their build to have a full PSY fighter build, and if you get a 50% damage reduction to a class that you can 3 hit with a 60% chance on each of those hits to interrupt any returning DPS and say it's unbalanced in the FF's favor you're lying to us or yourselves. the Mages "gameplay" after their first spell is to run and hope not to be caught because of the imbalance in power and gameplay is a clear sign the mage class is not in a good place. If in a fight the mages options are stand and die or run and stop DPS it needs to be changed for more competitive fighting on the mages end.

If you think mages are overpowered then when the Arena opens in Tindrem they should be at the top of the list, but we all know they wont even participate because of the lack of balance and power favoring the FF. it's not even a competition and they should be balancing it so that the high end skilled mages are able to compete with the FF to where they can win or even just participate. otherwise you're saying that the class cant even think of joining Content that open to all classes? lets get real and start really looking at it from every angle and not just your own. No hate just Intelligent discussion, open to Constructive Criticism

Wonderfully said. I don't think you could have said it any better.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
All I know is, as a human mage, I die if anyone with foot skills gets in melee range of me before they are half stam.

I'm not elite for sure, but I know how to play, and yes - mage damage 'feels bad' on the footfighter side bc there is nothing they feel they can do to 'counter' it, by parrying or wearing thick armor.

However what I feel most fail to consider is yes, a mage will die in 3-5 clean swings, or 2-5 arrows (unless they are running a heavy mage with armor, but why?) - and they can throw those attacks out while running, while a mage needs to be still, and with very little charge time, while a mage takes time to charge. Problem? The only mages I struggle with when playing a fighter are the veelas, mostly due to them parkouring over things. But that isn't a mage problem. That is about the mobility veelas have, and another subject altogether.

I can't comment on the state of Psyche. I do not think mages are OP though. If you're concerned about mounted mages, that is a question of mounted's increased survivability, not so much the mages damage, IMO.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
You still need to parry as a mage. You can stand still parry or have the shield on you back to block their hits. Along with jump casting to you should win. Mages run with weapon away, shield on back and have full jump while a melee chasing you has weapon out. Jump over rocks or on top of them and you can slow down a fighter.

Mages should take way more then 2-5 arrows. I know there are some terrible 100 hp builds but you should pretend those free kills dont exist. Should take at least 4 arrows in a row with out you healing and if you your shield to them they can only leg shot you for much less. A good mage and a good archer will just cancel each other out.

A veela mage cant be caught except by another veela who skinnier then the veela mage. Veelas also stams out fast while you gain stamina when ever you are channeling. If they catch up to you just stand still and parry as you stam up. They will lose stam. Eventually if you couldnt kill them first you will get to a rock to free cast on them. You could also just go stair at a corner and channel while they hit your shield if you want to get a cast off. I dont see how you can die 1v1 as a mage.

If you know how to play and use terrain the mage is far much stronger then fighter.

My suggestion is less of a magic nerf which they just did to bot the low and high end. And just to get rid of RNG so there isnt any wining or losing based on luck for either side just because of resist. Flat damage reduction based on pyche, not to much but maybe enought to make high pyche builds ok.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Not even remotely true. Fat mages can heal for 75 with greater heals and can carry a giant shield on their back that cancels out most damage. Ogh fat mages are even more tanky with their 2 active damage reduction clades and their 1 passive damage reduction clade. This is further complicated by the mages ability to use double potion units compared to any other clade and the ability to pop a heal unavailable to any other clade. If a fighter goes balls deep on a fat ogh they are just going to die. If you die as a fat ogh in a foot fight you are just bad. You can hit 10 PSY warriors for 90 while healing your mates for 75 while just standing still. Shit is bonkers broken and SV are idiots if they do not remove this broken high end magic that we currently have in game.
I did not consider fat mages, due to imagining them being too slow to get distance and cast. But it sounds more like the issue is the Oghmir clade and it's robust tankiness.

Reactions: Serverus

Lasciel

Oct 3, 2020
You’re wrong about two things using magic is not easy or boring. You still have to have the skill to overcome a Thursar or Oghmir with 123 strength that can kill you in 3 hits. It takes time to cast so magic is balanced in its power for lack of attack speed. Just let people play what they like. Simple as that. No need to cry nerf because a mage beat you. Wait until they bring necromancy and elementalism in then you’re really going to cry.

It's certainly easy. I don't know what game you're playing but maybe if you're playing with a steering wheel or your non dominant hand you may find it difficult to land spells. Or maybe you're one of those players that think having 40-50 fps is a playable and competitive performance benchmark.

There's nothing about mage that requires the same depth of mechanics as foot fighter, and with how effective it is to play it in group settings, which is what the game is mostly about, it's stupidly overpowered. Mages require miniscule commitment to be at maximum PvP efficiency, where as foot fighters require a ton more gear. This has been a problem in Mortal for years.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
why is it common that the players who dedicate a lot of time into mo practicing say mages are low effort high reward...
Its like every person who is competent at melee. These same players can reroll a mage and dominate footfighters.

But the thread is about removing RNG mechanics from pyche so its better for everyone.

Reactions: ZVNII and Nefnate