Portable Extractors

Paffu

Nov 12, 2021
I believe Henrik gave some insight in the last stream. Specifically that the furniture system is buggy and being worked on. Once that's fixed then they can add campfires, as it works on the same system. Which I imagine includes all things portable.

not really an ETA. But it's something.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
It's not specifically on the Road Map nor the slate of things to be unlocked at Release, so... probbly at least three months out, and maybe more. Unless @Speznat (who just posted a new summary of the latest official MO Twitch Stream, which was seven and a half hours long) knows better?

I believe Henrik gave some insight in the last stream. Specifically that the furniture system is buggy and being worked on. Once that's fixed then they can add campfires, as it works on the same system. Which I imagine includes all things portable.

not really an ETA. But it's something.

Thanks Najwalaylah for mention xD

Paffu Its not furniture.
What we talk about here is portable extractors and this henrik said will come at some point but not now and they will be craftable maybe.
Portable mean you can place them everywhere in the world and they will be there for a short time period for example 1 hour.
A portable butcher bench for example.

sadly he didnt specified it further because not many people have asked in twitch chat.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Portable mean you can place them everywhere in the world and they will be there for a short time period for example 1 hour.
A portable butcher bench for example.

sadly he didnt specified it further because not many people have asked in twitch chat.
I wish someone would ask him if the portables will be allowed inside towns, and / or inside buildings.

Reactions: Speznat

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
In MO1 portable extractors had to be places outside of the towns.
That was true for part (the latter part, thus the most part) of the time that portables were around. But not at first; I remember when it changed and we started having to use them outside the town limit of Moh'ki. And I don't assume which way Star Vault will handle it next time (this time, in MO2). Maybe you could ask Henrik, next stream, please? You're in his general time zone; I'm not.

Reactions: Avenoma and Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
That was true for part (the latter part, thus the most part) of the time that portables were around. But not at first; I remember when it changed and we started having to use them outside the town limit of Moh'ki. And I don't assume which way Star Vault will handle it next time (this time, in MO2). Maybe you could ask Henrik, next stream, please? You're in his general time zone; I'm not.

If I remember right their issue with allowing to use them in town was that people where just using them right at the banks.

I am sure that would still be the case now if they allowed it to be that way again.

So, I think it is logical to believe they will not be allowed in towns again.

There have been other things they seem to have had to relearn again this time around though.

Even specifically to banking.

So time will tell I guess.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
Maybe you could ask Henrik, next stream, please?

Having or not having these will greatly determine where I put my house.

If I remember right their issue with allowing to use them in town was that people where just using them right at the banks.

Yea, theres more to considered than I imagined. Seems going with the furniture system for now would be best. I'd definitely be satisficed with it being only attached to housing for the moment and being a bought schematic. But aren't the camp fires part of the furniture system? Seems that could be modified to make, say, "rock" piles. We'd use a tool "hammer" to break apart the ore pile. Same for a butchery pile and makeshift press out in the wild shouldn't be too difficult irl. Again, this is going to greatly impact where I personally place my house.

Last edited:

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
These were the good old days. So many happy memories. You could lose a whole weekend crushing at the bank.

Having or not having these will greatly determine where I put my house.
Same. Will have a dramatic affect on my house placement.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
honestly i hope portable extractors never exist, or if they do, they come with a significant reduction in efficiency.
also I hope house owners can place some extraction equipment either inside or in the area immediately surrounding their houses. same goes with crafting tables.

-barcode