Please SV, either use the official forums, or delete them.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
It seems that SV are trying to nudge people away from forums and onto discord. Please stop this.
Please start posting support, update and patch announcements again. Transcrips or resumes from the twitch sessions would be nice too, as it is, only those who spends hours and hours watching twitch get the news on development.

I am sure SV has their reasons for doing this, but I am afraid that the overall game experience is less because of it, at least for some of us.

A used and active forum can only add to the sum of MO2 entertainment.
lThe longwinded political writings and longwinded roleplay backstories could be a great part of the immersion into Nave. These things will never be seen on discord, if they are even postet, which I doubt.

Please SV, start posting important information on these your official forums,
or simply delete the forum althogether.

Zyconnic

May 28, 2020
Denmark
I believe that a forum like this is an outdated thing and will slowly die out anyway
Being active on discord is probably a better thing for the devs and the population of MO2.

Btw, I'm not against forums like these at all. Just stating what I believe is happening

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Forums are a unless platform for communication. To many good posted are drowned out by mass stupidity either because people just post stupid shit because they're stupid, or because egoistic clowns like to act like they own the forum an that only they matter.

The only reason I post on forums any more is to find the egotistical man child that will get so upset over what was posted on a video game forum that they'll dedicated literally half their day just following you around said forums just shit posting you.

Basically to sum up public forums they're basically a platform were the community spends more time breathing down in own throat than actually discussing anything productive.

Last edited:

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Forums are a unless platform for communication. To many good posted are drowned out by mass stupidity either because people just post stupid shit because they're stupid, or because egoistic clowns like to act like they own the forum an that only they matter.

You are not wrong but how is this different from discord?

At least forums one doesn't have to be online 24/7 to be part of the discussion

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
The forums offer many things discords does not. Continuous disussion on both politics, roleplay and game development. On discord, real discussion on these subjects are buried beneath mountains of nonsence. Forums, well regulated, are essential to continuously discussions about both game development and roleplay. I am very sorry to see this tendency to discords trollish one line feedback. Discord does not enforce/create a community, a forum does. I am so sorry to see this.

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
The forums offer many things discords does not. Continuous disussion on both politics, roleplay and game development. On discord, real discussion on these subjects are buried beneath mountains of nonsence. Forums, well regulated, are essential to continuously discussions about both game development and roleplay. I am very sorry to see this tendency to discords trollish one line feedback. Discord does not enforce/create a community, a forum does. I am so sorry to see this.
You can't create a community using a forum platform, but it does tell you who the most egoistic individuals are.

Usually how forum threads go someone makes a thread providing their opinion on something or suggestion an than man children with ego problems come into the thread spamming insults at the OP an others who posted in the thread, than the thread just turns into people with ego issue spamming insults trying to get the last word an no one remembers what the thread was originally about.

An example of this was on the BDO forums that game currently struggles with a lack of group focused content. Someone made a thread listing possible things PA can add to the game to fix this issue, someone later came into saying how they've been playing MMOs for 20+ years an how the OP was stupid for suggesting that group content should be added to the game. Needless to say the thread OP posted one other time saying how stupid it was to even consider looking at the forums let alone posting on them an the thread ended up being 3 egoistic clowns shit posting each other non stop until the thread was locked.

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
You can't create a community using a forum platform, but it does tell you who the most egoistic individuals are.

Usually how forum threads go someone makes a thread providing their opinion on something or suggestion an than man children with ego problems come into the thread spamming insults at the OP an others who posted in the thread, than the thread just turns into people with ego issue spamming insults trying to get the last word an no one remembers what the thread was originally about.

An example of this was on the BDO forums that game currently struggles with a lack of group focused content. Someone made a thread listing possible things PA can add to the game to fix this issue, someone later came into saying how they've been playing MMOs for 20+ years an how the OP was stupid for suggesting that group content should be added to the game. Needless to say the thread OP posted one other time saying how stupid it was to even consider looking at the forums let alone posting on them an the thread ended up being 3 egoistic clowns shit posting each other non stop until the thread was locked.
There has been plenty of discussion about game problems in this forum, with different views and suggestions lasting for several pages per topic. This is only possible because forums offer a persistent place for topics to be discussed (forum threads). Discord does not have this, it is simply a non-stop flowing talk that is impossible to track or come back to read later. The sad thing is that the developers either don't read their own suggestion and feedback forum or mostly ignore it. They certainly do not acknowledge that they are aware of the topics there.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I think most know my opinion on this subject.

The MoFo was a big part of the whole Mortal experience for many.

But even then SV was often hesitant to post details on the official forums.

We did get patchnotes every time though.

And staff would at least bullshit and comment in posts occasionally.

Now it seems that they barely even log into the forums let alone posts.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
You are not wrong but how is this different from discord?

At least forums one doesn't have to be online 24/7 to be part of the discussion
Discord (the app) is a jackass of all trades. It's not the best VPIP client, and it's not better than a well-organised forum, but it tries to be both and is mediocre at best.

You don't have to be on Discord more than 60 minutes out of every hour of every 24 in order not to miss stuff or suffer the PITA of searching what users said or what terms were discussed. I'm supposing that if the community depends on it (or is made to depend on it), they will deserve all they don't get. Obviously SV, from devs to moderators, prefer it.
  • Perhaps we should start a pool and predict the date of the "official forum's" demise.

Reactions: CrgHck and Amadman

Kalistair

May 28, 2020
It would be nice to see this place get more love. The consolidated information of politics, events, and stories makes it so much easier for players who aren't involved in the game world's shaping to become immersed with the happenings of the world around them. You can't really get that experience through the shitshow that is the MO2 Discord. Ultimately it now falls upon the players to generate traffic here as the convenience that is Discord is just simply quicker to consume, and I imagine it's more than just patch note threads we're seeking to return here.

It's sad that some people will never get to discover forum classics like "His name was Coconuts" and the more recent magical leather guy.

[CTX] Contractor

Dec 31, 2021
It would be nice to see this place get more love. The consolidated information of politics, events, and stories makes it so much easier for players who aren't involved in the game world's shaping to become immersed with the happenings of the world around them. You can't really get that experience through the shitshow that is the MO2 Discord. Ultimately it now falls upon the players to generate traffic here as the convenience that is Discord is just simply quicker to consume, and I imagine it's more than just patch note threads we're seeking to return here.

It's sad that some people will never get to discover forum classics like "His name was Coconuts" and the more recent magical leather guy.

Why did you make me ugly and short?

Rankor

May 28, 2020
Texas
www.youtube.com
Discord (the app) is a jackass of all trades. It's not the best VPIP client, and it's not better than a well-organised forum, but it tries to be both and is mediocre at best.

You don't have to be on Discord more than 60 minutes out of every hour of every 24 in order not to miss stuff or suffer the PITA of searching what users said or what terms were discussed. I'm supposing that if the community depends on it (or is made to depend on it), they will deserve all they don't get. Obviously SV, from devs to moderators, prefer it.
  • Perhaps we should start a pool and predict the date of the "official forum's" demise.
I hope not.....the MO2 Discord is a dumpster fire. I only use it to PM others and hang with the guild peeps.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

Agreed.

Over all it was the players that made most of the content on the old forums.

Since release we have at least got many more visitors to the forums on a regular basis.

Hopefully over time the player interactions will grow back to what it was even with the lack of official interactions.