Please revert the ALT self-casting change

Aesorn

Sep 15, 2020
""Spells are now only able to be 'self cast' (not alt) through the designated hotkey.""

This was the change from newest patch, I understand this was for people who bind offensive spells to Alt + key since apparently it would cast it on themselves instead.
I just want at least a option again to selfcast again with ALT + Modifier. It worked like this all throughout MO1, and in every mmorpg I have played.

Selfcast key has some annoying issues in comparison and 15+ years of muscle memory for ALT + Modifier for selfcasting makes it even worse. Also setting "alt" as the self-cast key does not fix this, and works totally different then I am explaining. Don't want to complain I just want a option for my preference I've played with all through MO1 again.

Reactions: Waalan and Darran

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
""Spells are now only able to be 'self cast' (not alt) through the designated hotkey.""

This was the change from newest patch, I understand this was for people who bind offensive spells to Alt + key since apparently it would cast it on themselves instead.
I just want at least a option again to selfcast again with ALT + Modifier. It worked like this all throughout MO1, and in every mmorpg I have played.

Selfcast key has some annoying issues in comparison and 15+ years of muscle memory for ALT + Modifier for selfcasting makes it even worse. Also setting "alt" as the self-cast key does not fix this, and works totally different then I am explaining. Don't want to complain I just want a option for my preference I've played with all through MO1 again.

Might have been a better idea for them to include it as an option instead of removing it entirely.

Reactions: Waalan

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Before this patch, holding your thrust keybind would create a modifier that caused your next spell to cast on yourself. Now it is gone.

I hate this. A part of me is glad hybrids got nerfed out of relevance in the new patch because I certainly wouldn't want to play one now when I'd need to find separate keys for my thrust attack and self-cast.

The fact that two actions that don't overlap in any instance could occupy the same key was genius. This change makes the game objectively worse.