Please help - Ideal Settings, FPS Improvements, Resolution Reduction

Gavinox

Jan 5, 2022
Hi All,

Are there any guides that provide a detailed breakdown of the best settings for FPS? What I have found has been minimal (youtube, reddit, MO forums)

I have really been struggling with occasional hitches. Typically around 50-70 fps, but get hitches at the worst possible time, often in combat.

I have the following hardware

i5-9600k @ 3.7
GTX 1070
32 GB ram

Things I am interested in:
  1. In-game settings to adjust for improved FPS
  2. Steam launch Options to try?
  3. Are .ini changes allowed? I saw some old posts about this where it was disallowed, but have seen people speak freely recently about tweaking this file. What is the current stance and interpretation from the community?
  4. DX12 vs DX11 - which is better for pure performance? I would have guessed DX11, but I hear people in help chat say Dx12
  5. Lastly, I have been trying to reduce my resolution from 1440 to 1080, just to get more consistent FPS - every time I do this, the game crashes and reverts back to 1440. Any ideas?
Please help me with any input - thanks in advance!

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Use directx11, medium settings, and 1080- but I have no clue why yours crashes. That may help fps, but if you have stuttering, i.e. you see other players skip around, then none of these adjustments will likely help as it is an issue with the route of your connection. (I got exitlag and my stuttering went away nearly 100% of the time.)

Gavinox

Jan 5, 2022
Use directx11, medium settings, and 1080- but I have no clue why yours crashes. That may help fps, but if you have stuttering, i.e. you see other players skip around, then none of these adjustments will likely help as it is an issue with the route of your connection. (I got exitlag and my stuttering went away nearly 100% of the time.)
Thank you so much! I figured out it only crashes in DX 12 for several things (alt tabbing as an example). Thinking that will resolve this issue as well!

Planning to try exitlag tonight! Thanks!

Gavinox

Jan 5, 2022

Hey again :)

I can't seem to get ExitLag to actually change my ping to ping 51.89.234.64, even though 'estimated ping' is showing a reduction of about 30 ping. Do you know how to configure this properly?

Is that the correct IP address to ping in Command Prompt?

I would appreciate any insight!

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
If you wanna increase fps its quite effective to drop resolution scaling to 80% it wont look as crisp but if you only put it somewhere between 80-100% it isnt all that bad and easy to get used to. I just recently tried it with my new PC parts and current bottleneck is my GTX 1070. The fps went from about 60-116fps to 80-150fps

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Exitlag ping estimate doesn't seem to quite match what my actual ping is through task manager, so I don't know if it is important. I just know that it fixed the stuttering problem was having.

It went from bad like this to smooth and normal.