Please add alt head swivel

PANDAHSYKES

Jun 3, 2020
Its easy enough to implement and is a hell of a lot more convienant , realistic , and proper for pvp to be able to swivel your head at the press of a button instead of having to half or full turn your body. Please add alt head swivel as its very necesarry for 1st person games, and while youre at it please add a larger FOV (fov slider up to 105 or some shit).

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Nice, any input on the suggestion of a head swivel?

I'm probably the wrong person to ask. Played several games that supported it, but never used it. Always thought it's kind of annoying to have to press a key to look to the sites. I always do the full body movement...

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
I'm probably the wrong person to ask. Played several games that supported it, but never used it. Always thought it's kind of annoying to have to press a key to look to the sites. I always do the full body movement...
It is very useful in escape from tarkov being a shooter you aim at the door or location you expect a enemy to come from you can then look around without moving your aim. Also you can use it to look around while you sprint. Like if you are running and there is someone shooting at you or coming towards you, you can just look too see where they are trying to shoot or how far to the side they are. Or while you run for cover not knowing where they are shooting from exactly you can run and still look for them.

Reactions: PANDAHSYKES

PANDAHSYKES

Jun 3, 2020
Hmmm interesting. I think since SV wants to hit the mainstream with MO2 they really should add some features that wouldn't take away from others' hardcore experience, head swivel being one of those things.. i mean it cant hurt at all and would improve their experience with camera angles and clipping (head swivel forces devs to take into account the head of someone swiveling in perspective to others watching them do it, forces accountability to proper synchronization between clients when it comes to animations).

I'm thinking of Dayz standalone specifically , on first person only servers its literally a god send.

Reactions: Rolufe

PANDAHSYKES

Jun 3, 2020
It is very useful in escape from tarkov being a shooter you aim at the door or location you expect a enemy to come from you can then look around without moving your aim. Also you can use it to look around while you sprint. Like if you are running and there is someone shooting at you or coming towards you, you can just look too see where they are trying to shoot or how far to the side they are.

Exactly , game doesnt need to be a shooter to benefit from it though. As we all know MO1 was wrought with kiting, the same will be said of MO2 i'm sure of it so why not help a playa out and allow head swivel? Sv please add this, such a small request yet a very useful quality of life improvement.

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Exactly , game doesnt need to be a shooter to benefit from it though. As we all know MO1 was wrought with kiting, the same will be said of MO2 i'm sure of it so why not help a playa out and allow head swivel? Sv please add this, such a small request yet a very useful quality of life improvement.
Thinking more on it its very usefull in a game like MO as you can more easily look around when you are traveling. This way you can see if you are being attacked or about to be attacked while you are out traveling. In MO1 you could do it but only if you where mounted.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
In MO you could press W & A or W & D. This made it possible to sprint/walk straight while looking right or left.

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
In MO you could press W & A or W & D. This made it possible to sprint/walk straight while looking right or left.
Yea but it was what some here call janky. If you dont do it perfectly you drop out of sprint, Just easier with a head turn.

D

Dracu

i think this is a good idea its great for looking at thing when walking somewhere.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
I don´t understand why this is even discussed. Yes you can look around 360° while running from town to town, but it´s annoying.

Adding a free look has been suggested for MO1 and Seb wanted to look into it. Never happened.

It goes really well the the first person concept of MO (seeing your body, turning your head slightly), the full loot survival aspect (being able to scan your surreounding) and immersive looks (running side/backwards to look around? really? who does that ...).

Have it so it can lock like in ARMA. So you can autorun and just use the mouse to swivel your head around.

Reactions: Dracu

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
As an ARMA and EFT player I appreciate this suggestion.
Always used head swivel, especially when sniping/ambushing with ghillie suit hidden in bushes.
Head swivel made possible looking around, without having to rotate the entire body making you easily spottable.

Last edited:

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
People are not looking for a demonic possession xD we just wanna be able to turn the head like a normal human being xD

The way it works in arma and tarkov is what we want :)

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Grisù

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
mate... WHAT? turning your camera cancel sprint? must be a glitch or something
Lol must been way to titred when i wrote that :D I have a memory of someone saying pressing W and A or W and D xD But turning with the mouse isnt much better as it moves you in the wrong direction. During which you lose stamina instead of just turning your head.and still going in a straight line.