Player Housing Guide?

Bad

Jan 22, 2022
Is there in depth guide on housing? About differences between tier, sizes, upkeep, where you can place it, what you can place it inside etc?
How about these Strongholds/Castles?

I find that this area is the most lacking in informations

Arinna

Mar 25, 2021
This is based off of my limited knowledge of housing as it currently works, if someone else is able to provide more accurate information or point out mistakes in my description you'll be better off for it.

Size of house: Kind of self explanatory, it determines the footprint and by extension the space avialable inside your building. This means you can fit more furniture and workbenches inside a bigger structure. I believe a small house with no tiers can hold 4 workbenches, but not sure on that last detail.

When placing a house the game considers the footprint of the building when deciding if your house will "fit" in the space you are trying to place it in. This footprint includes the space required to add all the tiers to your building, so even if your small house deed fits in the area it might tell you there is not enough space for extensions when you are trying to place it. (Something to consider when chosing a house location)

Another thing to consider when placing is that certain POIs have invisible no build zones, and strongholds create an invisible "No TC structure" area of 100m radius if memory serves me right. (The last part about strongholds is not important right now as there are no territory control structures ingame yet.)

Upkeep: I have no idea what the exact upkeep per day is currently on all houses, but I believe that the upkeep for the smallest house with no tier upgrades is approximately 70cuprum coins per hour. Honestly upkeep on housing is currently a joke and you could cover the upkeep for any of the housing structures very easily.

Tiers: Tiers are also very simple to understand once they've been explained. You first need to buy the first tier and once you've finished construction of it you can purchase and add the next tier to the already completed tier 1 house you've placed. So you would buy tier 1 and build it, then you can buy tier 2 attach it to your tier 1 house and build it before buying the tier 3 and attaching it.

Building Zones: Building zones are invisible, the game will tell you in the top right hand corner of the screen if you are trying to place in an area that you cannot build in. For the most part you can build anywhere on the map that has the space to fit the footprint of your house's foundation. No build zones for the most part are in pretty obvious areas, you can't build inside or too close to cities, dungeons, and other important locations.

Hope this helps!

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
The biggest pain in the ass when placing a house is trying to find a flat piece of ground. A lot harder than you think, so you most likely wont be able to build exactly where you want.

Also basic house requires 5.5k of metal, 55k wood, 60k stone (approximately).

The better materials you use the more hp your house will have.

Bad

Jan 22, 2022
@Arinna thanks for the reply!

Aside of place for workbenches, is there other function of houses? I recall in discord about house as your spawn point or something.

As for stronghold, is it intended or limited to guild only? Or it's basically houses but bigger

Bad

Jan 22, 2022
The biggest pain in the ass when placing a house is trying to find a flat piece of ground. A lot harder than you think, so you most likely wont be able to build exactly where you want.

Also basic house requires 5.5k of metal, 55k wood, 60k stone (approximately).

The better materials you use the more hp your house will have.

Once you plop it down, do you have to build it right away? Also do you start paying tax as soon as you put it down regardless the house is fully built or not?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Once you plop it down, do you have to build it right away? Also do you start paying tax as soon as you put it down regardless the house is fully built or not?
The upkeep starts as soon as you place it, so as long as you pay that your “foundation” doesnt disappear. However, the foundation has almost no hp at that point, and a few guys with hammers can destroy it pretty quick. You want to put some materials as soon as you can and at least build it until the walls are up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bad

Arinna

Mar 25, 2021
@Arinna thanks for the reply!

Aside of place for workbenches, is there other function of houses? I recall in discord about house as your spawn point or something.

As for stronghold, is it intended or limited to guild only? Or it's basically houses but bigger

Currently houses do not server any other purpose than as additional banking space, personal crafting benches and decoration. As far as I know there is no way to use it as a respawn point, in MO1 you could use a house as a "guild house" if it had your guild stone placed inside it. If you had a guild house you could place certain TC structures within a radius of your guildhouse and one of those was a guild priest. There is currently no way to do this.

Strongholds can be used as houses by players, but they seem to be intended as a counter for keep owning guilds when TC is implemented. They have 7.5 million HP at tier 1 VS a small house at tier 1 that has 1 million hp and have singnificantly more space inside than a house.

Stronghold Cost: 2500g for tier 1 deed and 60 stacks of stone, 4 stacks of wood, 2 stacks of metal.

p.s. Buildings once placed need to be built after you place the foundation. This is a long process if you are doing so alone.

Edit: Sometimes it helps when placing a house to raise the foundation if the ground is uneven, to do so hold shift while using your mouse wheel. (could be control+shift)

Reactions: Bad

Bad

Jan 22, 2022
Is there a limit on how much houses a player own at a time?

Bad

Jan 22, 2022
If you give your key to a friend, can they access the house as well as the chest inside?

Arinna

Mar 25, 2021
If you give your key to a friend, can they access the house as well as the chest inside?

They can open and close the door but do not have access to the chest. If you lose a key there is an option on the house panel to "change the locks". This will disable all previously created keys.

Bad

Jan 22, 2022
Thank you, I've managed to built a Tier 1 house. To upgrade it to next tier, I just need to bring the Tier2 deed and feed it into the resource tab? Does it needs another materials to upgrade

What does Tier 2 offer more than Tier 1? Does it give more Health?

Last edited:

Alroavin

Sep 5, 2020
Thank you, I've managed to built a Tier 1 house. To upgrade it to next tier, I just need to bring the Tier2 deed and feed it into the resource tab? Does it needs another materials to upgrade

What does Tier 2 offer more than Tier 1? Does it give more Health?
Good sir, I am quite capable of answering your questions, but first of all I need to know: where exactly is your house located?

Karrier

Jan 24, 2022
whats difference among house tiers?

is a medium t1 house bigger or smaller than a small t3 house?

what is the advantage of having a bigger / more tier house, only more space for crafting benchs?

Last edited: