Ping Equalization and How to Check Ping?

Bardif

Apr 3, 2021
Could someone explain to me how ping equalization works?

Also, is there a way to check my ping to the server in game (or out)?

Thanks!

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Basically Lord Henrik has deleted ping from Mortal Online. Its an outdated concept that doesn't fit in this new age of next gen MMORPGs. There is no point in checking your ping as it will not effect your gameplay in any way. Your welcome

Reactions: Bernfred

Bardif

Apr 3, 2021
That's awesome :) At least as a concept. . . How does ping equalization work? Does it just artificially slow down people with a faster connection to the server?

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
It only helps Australians and similar, imagine designing the whole system around such a small group. For less than 100 ping it supposedly brings them up to the level of 100 ping, not sure if it is by slowing them down or how.

Bardif

Apr 3, 2021
Have the developers ever explained how it work or offered proof of technology -- to demonstrate that it actually works as intended?

Charizard

Jan 1, 2021
Basically what they've explained is that the system takes your ping and adds a delay to your swing based on that. They haven't added such a delay to blocking, so the system is one sided and favors EU players.

Also they should have picked a number like 300 or 400 rather than 100. East coast American players are fine in the current system, but central/west coast players are very gimped compared to east coast.

If they applied equalization to blocking then it would be more fair.

Reactions: Rorry

Bardif

Apr 3, 2021
Yeah -- if it's not a delay to all client-side inputs, it's not really ping equalization, nor is it fair. I'll see how it feels during the Alpha, but it will be hard to justify paying a monthly sub if it's an unequal playing field. I hope they consider doing an EU and a US server. I think they will have problems holding everyone on one server anyway, so it would make sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rorry