Phen's 0.0.0.60 Feedback.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
Well here we are again going over stuff in the new patch!

First off i want to say the crafting is done very well. I'm happy you guys went about the crafting the way you did. The way it was in MO1 made particular weapons more used then others. This version i can see already that people will have no pure meta of a weapon, they actually get to pick a weapon and ask for particular stats / str requirements and people can make them as requested a lot easier then before.

Now it's time to go into some of the things I see needs some love....​
  • Crafting- UI needs some help, lots of flickering when trying to pick the weapon you are crafting.​
  • At some point I was getting a double clicking feature when crafting, I know this is unintended. Not sure how it happens, but randomly after going through a bunch of different recipes and deleting stuff it locks into a double click function. ( at least for me, not sure how it happening though )​
  • I have lots to say about how the crafting can be more. though I'm just going to start with the spear.. The spear feels very weak even if you use the best of the materials. I'm sure this will get fixed over time, though i think it is necessary to put in this post.​
  • Crafting needs other materials if i could ask for something.... Not having any leathers or bone to work with makes me wonder if they will be viable in MO2..​
  • Combat - Oh lordy I'm not sure what happened.... Yes it is a lot better then a few patches ago. I must say this though, I'm getting a lot more blocks ( should be parries ) with people in front of me facing the wrong way... This is a prediction issue that i've noticed for a while.

• Viewing - Weapons have been doing great in the combat side of things, though this is what's getting to me.. When i play i don't see my entire weapon when blocking or swinging. This makes randomly hitting a guy to your side you cant see super easy. Valoran has shared his view with videos and it shows on his a HUGE difference in the viewing. I get he is using Y axis not the X... BUT this does make his view better than everyone else. If this game is to be played competitively then we all should get the same viewing, unless we change it ourselves in the settings for FOV. I see this as a huge advantage in team fights and in future fights.

• Piercing confusing - Maybe I'm missing something in the crafting system that i haven't figured out...Though when reading stats on the weapons, if i have a spear that is at P-44.04 it does 12-32 in damage. Though if I make a blunt weapon with B25 and S22 ( sledge ) it can pump out 40's... So i took into account that blunt weapons are a mix of slash and blunt, If this is the case, then what benefits Piercing? If it's all by itself it then it won't really compare to the other weapons. Maybe i did something wrong here, but the piercing stats seems off. I created a long Halberd with B25-P30-S20, all swings BUT the piercing are around 20-35. Piecing on it hits for 10-17... though piercing is the highest stat..

• BOX GLITCH! LULS!!!! - SV you guys are doing super great at keeping on time with your updates.... THOUGH, we got a new bouncing glitch. Opening a box moves the lid. If you are on top of it and jump when the lid moves you go flying. WEEeeeeeeee, no.... not a thing xP Love you guys, simple mess fix please. xP

• COLLISION ISSUE!!! - I have tested this and have been working with others on what is making this happen... I noticed it happens EVERY TIME a double contact happens... this can be done on anything.. What i mean by double contact is : If you swing a weapon and hit with your arm and the weapon at the same time, it locks up. This also happens on the draw too, if you are in a body when drawing and someone is behind you and your arm hits them it acts like the double contact. Making it lock up once again. I have no idea what else is making this happen, after a bunch of testing this is all i have found that is making it happen as of now. ( doesn't mean other bugs aren't around it, though this is one. )

• Durability - I'm a goer of strong weapons that are meant to last. Though we are seeing lots of this low durability ones during this testing because people want the speed. Here's what I don't like and what i think can be done to sublet better durability damages. Weapons do damage based on stats, the weapons take damage based on some random thing I haven't fully worked out. Though here is the kicker, If you attack someone's weapon it will only go down to .19 durability and then break once they swing it at someone. Which leads me to believe that each swing that makes contract takes .19 durability ( may not be the case but its all i have to go off of atm. ). Which is alright, nothing bad there. BUT the weapons should be breaking by us hitting them not only when a player swings his weapon ( it literally stops at .19 and won't break). Sense equipment hit are fairly easy with the lengths of a few weapons being just dumb dumb long. I feel like poles and long handled weapons should take 25% of the damage as durability reduction. This will allow the heavier weapons to shine some and give players a reason not to block/parry but rather avoid the contact completely knowing their weapon will be severely punished in the fight.

• Veela Sheevra size - There's a few spots in Kranesh that this race is unable to jump over things the other races can. I only noticed this because i get bored and jump around on everything i can. It only feels off by the very slightest of bits, like .3 jump higher should fix the few spots that can't be jumped to.

• Chat log bug - If you right click on the chat you will be locked into scrolling, this also makes you auto equip your weapons when hovering over them in your inventory. I spam click on the chat to get rid of the white snowflake thing that shows we are locked into scrolling. ( white snowflake thing shows on the chat itself when bug is active )

• Armors - They seem to be keeping up with their stats... though i was testing with a guy last night and him and i think the newest armor you guys have put in has 0 ws chance. We made a few different weak spot daggers ( one is very consistent with ws.) Though that one didn't do WS once on the new armor. Not sure if this is intended but the new armor out matches the other because if its 0 weak spot chance ( or is soo low that 50 hits wasn't enough to test ws on it... )

• WE ARE GODS!- we walk on water in some places xP

• PERSONAL SUGGESTION - If possible can we get a member of SV to watch over our team fights and see if they can spot anything odd while we are testing? I think this would help with people's complaints on others ( as we have a new "rules" on testing ). Not to mention we get lots of little bugs happening in these team fights and maybe a side view could help spot some unknowing issues we can't see as alpha testers.

• EDIT* Stam loss on hits are dumb. You cant recover any stam at all if people are hitting you while you are trying to parry... makes no sense to have 0 damage take away stam... I would love to see this removed... Does nothing but makes heavy weapon users a target. After 2 swings from a heavy weapon, players can poke for 0 damage and drop your stam down as you are attempting to protect yourself.....

Lots of work as been put in by many Vets. I'm super excited to see how the game will be on release. Though I got one question for everyone reading..

Do you think these names and placeholders for weapons are hiding the real goodies within? Example: Messer = Rizar Sword? - Plain chest vs gold trimmed and quality looking?
I'm just asking everyone because there was one day i saw a new chest i had never seen and i haven't seen it sense.... yes... it was gold trimmed and looked super clean.

-Phen​

Last edited:

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
If you receive [Blocked] damage while in the parry window your opponent has hit you in the back. There is a couple of ways of provoking this, mostly around different swing arcs or tricking your opponent into turning the wrong way for a bit. It is actually one of the ways to counter parry whores. It is very stamina intensive though and with most weapons it only deals 8-10 damage. So it´s mostly useful when you already got someone down to 20% and they start parrying only. Them looking the other way is a prediction issue. It doesn´t happen to me as much.
This will increase with the next patch in which the swing release turn cap will be removed.

Spearhead are too massive, making them too heavy for their piercing damage.

When you stab you deal the piercing damage of your weapon, when you swing you deal the combination of blunt and slashing damage of your weapon. That is why your poleaxes do more damage on swings. Keep in mind that all armors have different mitigation statistics as well. Best testing conditions are always nakeds.

I think durability loss is fine with the current numbers we got. Not sure I like the idea of pole loosing more durability on equipment hits.

Box jump is the single best feature that has been implemented in the last 10 years.

The rest I agree with - except for your obvious blasphemy. The gods love you and want you to know.

Phen

May 29, 2020
Earth
If you receive [Blocked] damage while in the parry window your opponent has hit you in the back. There is a couple of ways of provoking this, mostly around different swing arcs or tricking your opponent into turning the wrong way for a bit. It is actually one of the ways to counter parry whores. It is very stamina intensive though and with most weapons it only deals 8-10 damage. So it´s mostly useful when you already got someone down to 20% and they start parrying only. Them looking the other way is a prediction issue. It doesn´t happen to me as much.

what im talking about is a player running right at me and i parry and i get blocks, then they turn around and start hitting me when i'm behind them.. which means they are behind me and im behind them at the same time... thats a huge prediction issue that needs to be looked at. This happens most with players around my similar ping ( 140-160 ) as if the latency is messing with the prediction system enough to make odd things unintentionally happening.

I prefer not to see 30 damage sledges that last full fights at a very low durability. They mentioned we can sharpen our weapons to make the durability go up again. So why not add more damage to the durability if we can just repair them anyways. I feel like this would remove people's idea of using 70 dura weapons because they are fast and hit well.

i disagree with naked players being a good test subject. All that shows is the full damage you do with the weapon, it doesn't let you know how well the weapon compares to armor of its similar qualities. Which is why i've been testing that too and found the newest armor not taking Weak Spots at all, or within the 50+ hits i tested.

We gods know what we are, thanks for the reminder my friend!