Pets vs Melee

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
A terror bird is not that strong when you know how to parry them.

doesn't change that beast mastery is cheesy bullshit and a disgrace of a system. More care is put into picking your pet/keeping it alive than actually using it I'd say. That is something that should be fixed. If SV can't make 'beast mastery' on par with a magic school they are derping. Everyone is talking about OP/UP pets but that's the real issue.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Weaker pets need to level faster. Its stupid that a wolf blows but a Terrorbird is busted. But both take forever to level. The weak pets should be easier to obtain and at higher level, while the broken ones should be hard and take a lot of time to level.

Reactions: Raknor and Hodo

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
A terror bird is not that strong when you know how to parry them.
Anyone can 1v1 a terror bird. The issue is when your fighting 1vX and need to reset while this fucker stickybacks you. If any pet can catch up to a player it should die in 2-3 hits imo

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Everything has to be easier to get and ment to lose. Pets are disposable garbo yet they take massive time to train, this is because SV never knew how to balance pets in combat, and for them it was enough balance for people to have dedicted pet trainer characters AFK training.

Stupid ass designs if there are. Pets need a full AI rework and beast mastery skills to be properly balanced for combat. Pets should be intended mostly for pve rather than PVP, specially considering the AI level of design which is absolute trash.

I don't know you guys but auto attack pets is a nogo for pvp in my eyes. Thats the fucking opposite of skill based combat lol. Thats some sad development lol.

Reactions: ElPerro

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
I agree that the current pet fighting system is pretty bad. Only really pairs with magic or suicide pet for fghters/bow users.
If one does not like pets and thinks they are op then get a footfighter, best Oghmir or thursar , and get the lore for the animal. Get a jadeite sword and reptile carapace armor. You will shred any animal that you have the lore fore. If you have a little skill and experience fighing animals and are able to parry them you maybe wont take much dmg. Even if just hitting you can kill a lvl 100 Terrorbird in 4-5 hits while he does 15-20 dmg on you. That will take you like 5-6 seconds to kill. Thats three attacks for the terrorbird. So maybe 60 dmg on you. If you are rocking steel(Terrorbird is second strongest pet in game so yes, i compare it to steel) it will be way less.

But why do i need to get the lore? thats so op! Fuck that. If you are wearing Draconigena with steel/rawhide then dont cry that you get one hit smacked by a maul. If you dont get the lore then Pets will punish you.

The sad thing is that mages have no real chance of survival but just parriyng.

But i hope beastmastery changes a lot. Make pets more survivable and maybe use even more primaries. Make Pets like an extension of a tamers weapon. No idea though how to implement something like that.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Weaker pets need to level faster. Its stupid that a wolf blows but a Terrorbird is busted. But both take forever to level. The weak pets should be easier to obtain and at higher level, while the broken ones should be hard and take a lot of time to level.

THIS is the issue. Strong pets level the same speed as weaker pets. Weaker pets should level faster as you will go through them a lot faster.

Reactions: Jatix and Domtomsen

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
Hahaha, i love watching some shit fucking 2 month old kids telling me to learn the game.

I wont bother commenting on all the actual mental dribble that these kids are spewing because as always its just random nonsense that has no basis in reality and its a waste of time. At the end of the day, i dont care if SV decides to keep the game balance completely mangled or make it worse, ill just quit if its shit just like the majority of the playerbase.

I will though point out some fucking hilarious points that were brought up.

One is the fact some kid actually said pets are slow. HAHAHAHA, a terrorbird is faster than a lean veela unless he pops clades. A bear is faster than a veela aswell. Lets not forget that pets are completely fucking braindead and have no stamina so they chase you forever.

Some other kid pointed out that they only want the shit pets to have more HP and not be broken in PvP. I dont know why i have to point out the obvious fucking logical failure here, considering the fact that if you make a pet tanky, it will be strong in PvP. There is a reason campodons are so broken.

Terrorbird 1 attack direction? Good one dude :LOL:

And the rest is mostly just the regular dogshit argument that time invested should equal power, completely disregarding the difficulty of the mechanic.

Hey! Im all for this absolutely shit logic, as long as I get to sit AFK logged in, inside my house for 1 week straight charging up my GOD SWORD. Then I can walk outside and start fucking 1 shotting kids for 300 damage with it.

"Only new players use pets", another absolutely shit take. This kid has never seen a fucking Celano in his life or any necro pet I guess. Also the fact people cant be bothered moving terrorbirds from the jungle up to GK does not mean they are not completely fucking broken.

Btw, heres a crazy one. I agree that wolves and the smaller pets are too weak, as someone said, the time to level a wolf or similar pet to 125 should be way lower. That does not change the fact that the META PETS are completely broken trash with zero skill involved whatsoever. Pets have no place in PvP to begin with, but we all know this is not supposed to be a competitive balanced game.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
some animals are weak pets on purpose, and no, pets are absolutely broken in pvp if you use bears or birds lmao

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
I won't even start to want to even consider to call pets anything but a unbalanced hot mess, even before or after they receive any damage/hp buffs/nerf. They AND AI needs to follow every single rule that a player has to follow, until then; either nerf them into oblivion so no one would want to use them for anything other than vanity or disable them entirely.

Pets and AI need to: Follow the same attack speed rules as players, they need to follow the same DAMAGE rules as players, Magic mobs im looking at you and they need to follow the same MOVEMENT RULES as players.

An AI entity should need to SPRINT to reach its highest speed, sprints and swings should DRAIN STAMINA, it should only regain stamina in its slowest moving state, IT NEEDS TO USE MANA TO CAST SPELLS, IT SHOULDNT BE ABLE TO HEAL ITSELF WHILE CORRUPTED, It should move SLOWER when walking backwards, it should have optimal fighting distances so that it GET HANDLE HITS LIKE EVERYONE ELSE. The only thing in the entire game that should not be following the exact same rules as player are BOSSES.

Points specific to animal AI, not only do they in some cases have much faster attack speed than any player could hope to achieve, they have faster animations too and they also have TERRIBLE telegraphing. A trio to make it just something stupid in clustered situations. Not to mention animals and pets have this FUN side effect of very often going into TPOSE MODE and show no attack at all but still hit you. Which makes it a 33% chance to parry something like a bear, if you even manage to time the parry right in the first place.

Last edited:
Reactions: ElPerro

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Hahaha, i love watching some shit fucking 2 month old kids telling me to learn the game.

I wont bother commenting on all the actual mental dribble that these kids are spewing because as always its just random nonsense that has no basis in reality and its a waste of time. At the end of the day, i dont care if SV decides to keep the game balance completely mangled or make it worse, ill just quit if its shit just like the majority of the playerbase.

I will though point out some fucking hilarious points that were brought up.

One is the fact some kid actually said pets are slow. HAHAHAHA, a terrorbird is faster than a lean veela unless he pops clades. A bear is faster than a veela aswell. Lets not forget that pets are completely fucking braindead and have no stamina so they chase you forever.

Some other kid pointed out that they only want the shit pets to have more HP and not be broken in PvP. I dont know why i have to point out the obvious fucking logical failure here, considering the fact that if you make a pet tanky, it will be strong in PvP. There is a reason campodons are so broken.

Terrorbird 1 attack direction? Good one dude :LOL:

And the rest is mostly just the regular dogshit argument that time invested should equal power, completely disregarding the difficulty of the mechanic.

Hey! Im all for this absolutely shit logic, as long as I get to sit AFK logged in, inside my house for 1 week straight charging up my GOD SWORD. Then I can walk outside and start fucking 1 shotting kids for 300 damage with it.

"Only new players use pets", another absolutely shit take. This kid has never seen a fucking Celano in his life or any necro pet I guess. Also the fact people cant be bothered moving terrorbirds from the jungle up to GK does not mean they are not completely fucking broken.

Btw, heres a crazy one. I agree that wolves and the smaller pets are too weak, as someone said, the time to level a wolf or similar pet to 125 should be way lower. That does not change the fact that the META PETS are completely broken trash with zero skill involved whatsoever. Pets have no place in PvP to begin with, but we all know this is not supposed to be a competitive balanced game.
Exacly this, noobs complaining for the wrong reasons here, pets shouldn't be ment for pvp unless they get a real beast mastery rework that requires more than 3 command buttons.
Why Is people talking about HP if pets dont have a brain, stamina or even a basic behavior code, It's just follow and hit, whats this the fucking 90's that people enjoy that gameplay?
Oh terrorbird this and that, wolf this and that. They have non existant AI, demand for proper content instead of crying for dumb shit lmao.

This happens because this community operates under the premise of "shitty bandaid" fixes, they don't demand anything better because you cant expect SV to deliver, thats some really sad brainwash people in this community has been victim of. Roleplaying the "fine tunner experienced gamer"-"increase terrorbird speed 5%, HP by 235 and beast mastery Is fixed gg hire me for dev."-

Reality Is theres only a handfull of experienced gamers willing to actually address real pet problematics instead of making a tantrum for not being able to kill people with pets.

serge

Dec 22, 2021
Lets compare two new player pvp experiences.

First example: A skilled swordsman sees a new player and engages them in melee combat. The new player blocks and swings back attempts to fight off the pker but is eventually is out skilled. The new player then will say man that guy was good I need to get better.

Second example: A tamer mage with a terrorbird sees the new player and engages them in Tamer wizadry. The new player is mauled to death and hit by undodgeable and unblockable magic. The new player then will say wtf is this game I just lost all my stuff to a chicken that has 6X my hp.

Which encounter would you prefer more starting the game ? Also which encounter do you think encourages people to continue to play the game. Remember this is a full loot game when bad pvp mechanics will kill you and make you lose all your stuff.....

Reactions: cerqo

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Lets compare two new player pvp experiences.

First example: A skilled swordsman sees a new player and engages them in melee combat. The new player blocks and swings back attempts to fight off the pker but is eventually is out skilled. The new player then will say man that guy was good I need to get better.

Second example: A tamer mage with a terrorbird sees the new player and engages them in Tamer wizadry. The new player is mauled to death and hit by undodgeable and unblockable magic. The new player then will say wtf is this game I just lost all my stuff to a chicken that has 6X my hp.

Which encounter would you prefer more starting the game ? Also which encounter do you think encourages people to continue to play the game. Remember this is a full loot game when bad pvp mechanics will kill you and make you lose all your stuff.....
Uh... Fun fact.

Fighting a tamer isnt 1v1.

Its 1v2... You are not only fighting the tamer, but their pet too. So pets are force multipliers.

It doesnt matter if they are a mage or a melee based tamer. I have seen players cry to melee tamers too.