Should spiritism nerf be rollback?

• Yes

Votes: 18 47.4%
  • No

Votes: 20 52.6%

• Total voters

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
To those who didn't know, sipiritists could enter in Ether world and see living players from there if they have the skills and spells. With recent patch, SV removed from the Transcendental Awareness skill the ability to see the living from the Ether. By doing that they removed one aspect of the end-game of the class and made it less strategic. The justification was that there were no risk, although another spiritist could ban the scout and the "reward" was not guaranteed since if he/she sees enemies that does not mean his/her friends would win the PvP, so the risk vs reward philosophy does not apply to this mechanic.

Also by just removing this ability there is collateral damage to the game like killing the reasons to do Sator Dungeon, since you can farm sators around the world and the main reason for killing the boss was to make a scout spiritist, now there is none.

Imho the scout mechanic was not hurting the game and it didn't need any adjustment at all, but even so, the way it was done did more damage to the game then the mechanic itself by just killing the objective of some players to become scouts, the fun behind it and making a huge and hard dungeon useless. A huge game loop was made with that mechanic as its solid foundation wich now does not exist anymore. This change is a typical case when philosophy comes first than fun, which is a mistake imo.

I'm not a spiritist and bc of that I can recognize the damage this change done. The fact of being spied by a ghost was a huge fun factor and I didn't bother at all with that. Please, reconsider that change... or just remove Sator Dungeon too.

I dont think it should be rolled back, but it should have been changed so a living spiritist can banish a spirit without having to portal to do it.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
if anything TA should be a continous drain of your kah and while in TA your spirit should be visible and attackable by both magical and physical means. hitting 0 kah = spirit death. So you can both be killed by players that you are scouting and by careless use of TA.

If else, keep it as it is now.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
Spiritism ruined pvp and made dungeons just death traps of people zerging you down due to scouting. Good riddance its gone.

I still have spiritism on my build because its good but now Im not having to go ghost scout instead of play.

They didnt nerf it enough can still see pets.

Except they didn't remove dungeon scouting as it continues to be pretty obvious if someone is running the dungeon or not. Only thing that was removed was the ability to do an headcount but guess what, if you can spare a spiritist to act as a CCTV camera you probably don't care about how many people are in there to begin with, you just want a fight

Reactions: Hodo

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Ghost scouting is shit and should have been removed (even tho it still partially works). What they need to do is buff spiritism xp rates. And xp rates for pretty much everything else magic related lmao.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Except they didn't remove dungeon scouting as it continues to be pretty obvious if someone is running the dungeon or not. Only thing that was removed was the ability to do an headcount but guess what, if you can spare a spiritist to act as a CCTV camera you probably don't care about how many people are in there to begin with, you just want a fight
Yep they need to remove it entirely