Pet Training Dummies

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
Tested multiple pets from lvl 1 to lvl 20. Attacking the dummies in meduli give no xp boost at all. Also the limit of lvl 25 should be reconsidered. PEts take a long time to lvl and die nearly instantly in pvp. The cost/reward of pets is disbalanced. Lvling a pet from lvl 1 to lvl 125 takes 5.2 hours (if the pet is attacking something constantly). It takes 4x longer with an idle pet (and 60animal care). This lvling curve should be reconsidered. Animal care should give a significant boost to idle xp gain.

edit: changed the time needed to lvl up. it's 2.5minutes per lvl when attacking constantly. 10mins per lvl idle.

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
guessing you have the beast training skill maxed out because it deff takes longer than 2.5 minutes per a level for me

D

Deleted member 44

No. They removed it because people like you would just sit in town 24/7 and hyper level their pet.

D

Deleted member 44

which then die in a couple of swings. I don't know where a bear touched you wrong, but pets are not a big deal.
They are a big deal at level 125 and they are flat out broken right now with the missing 200 primary points that you would normally have to invest.

Reactions: Piet

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
They are a big deal at level 125 and they are flat out broken right now with the missing 200 primary points that you would normally have to invest.

Eh. I like pets since they are fun and give me something to do but I wouldn't call them broke. Get a level 125 White Bear and see how long it lasts in a fight. You can't out heal damage taken either. And that's the extreme. Most pets have about 400hp on average. Takes like two MAs a few shots to take them down. Most pets except terror birds cant harm mounted at all and they have lower hp. So if you have a 125 White Bear vs an unmounted foot soldier then sure its strong. But the problem is anyone on a mount and your pet is now useless

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022

What are you talking about, pets take way too many primary points already, and you cannot have lvl 125 pets if you wanna have a horse anyways. And they are weak af as we don't have pet armor in the game yet. Maybe if you are only thinking about White Bears and Terror Birds maybe they are quite strong, but that is not what most people can tame for themselves reliably.

D

Deleted member 44

What are you talking about, pets take way too many primary points already, and you cannot have lvl 125 pets if you wanna have a horse anyways. And they are weak af as we don't have pet armor in the game yet. Maybe if you are only thinking about White Bears and Terror Birds maybe they are quite strong, but that is not what most people can tame for themselves reliably.
I'm talking about Beast Mastery and Beast Influence which will be REQUIRED soon (200 primaries). I don't get you tamers. "An MA will kill my pet." No shit a solo player will lose their pet to an MA. It's a group game, start playing with a group. Even the solo tamer thing is a meme. Use a long bow and the MA will be forced to run away.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I'm talking about Beast Mastery and Beast Influence which will be REQUIRED soon (200 primaries). I don't get you tamers. "An MA will kill my pet." No shit a solo player will lose their pet to an MA. It's a group game, start playing with a group. Even the solo tamer thing is a meme. Use a long bow and the MA will be forced to run away.

first of all BM and BI won't be required. They are just simply not in-game yet. If you want to make a better comparison there are a lot of MA skills that will be REQUIRED to shoot normally like you do now. Secondly master taming already takes up 600 points. Taming/Domination. Animal Care. CC, Adv CC, Herding, Vet

Calcal

Dec 11, 2021
there's a trade off
though, a max lvl pet will either take most of your pet points or leave you with a very low lvl horse. You'll be dismounted in a single shot.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
I don't know where a bear touched you wrong, but pets are not a big deal.
There is plenty wrong with pets. They don't have stamina, they are faster than Veelas, they hit for 30s through steel armor, they have 500+ HP. Its also really hard to read their attacks, especially if going up a hill, because they are walking toward you and you can't see which way they are swinging. A bear or terror bird combined with foot fighters rushing a player is nearly impossible to survive.

Their only counter is concentrated longbow fire. In large groups they aren't as big of a threat. In small scale though, 4vX (the X having the bear) they are absolutely batshit broken. SV knows this, and they say "in the future they are going to have stamina and require more input from the player".

Until then they should disable pets in my opinion. This is MO1 all over again. Same pet system. Its terrible.

Lastly, I really wish they would not add necromancy pets until they do the pet changes. Otherwise, its going to be twice as bad as now. However, having been around for nearly a decade now, I'd bet my paycheck on them not changing anything for a long while and we have pokemon online again soon...and a ton of people defending it and another ton hating it.

you're welcome for the rant

Culinary

Mar 11, 2022
There is plenty wrong with pets. They don't have stamina, they are faster than Veelas, they hit for 30s through steel armor, they have 500+ HP. Its also really hard to read their attacks, especially if going up a hill, because they are walking toward you and you can't see which way they are swinging. A bear or terror bird combined with foot fighters rushing a player is nearly impossible to survive.

Their only counter is concentrated longbow fire. In large groups they aren't as big of a threat. In small scale though, 4vX (the X having the bear) they are absolutely batshit broken. SV knows this, and they say "in the future they are going to have stamina and require more input from the player".

Until then they should disable pets in my opinion. This is MO1 all over again. Same pet system. Its terrible.

Lastly, I really wish they would not add necromancy pets until they do the pet changes. Otherwise, its going to be twice as bad as now. However, having been around for nearly a decade now, I'd bet my paycheck on them not changing anything for a long while and we have pokemon online again soon...and a ton of people defending it and another ton hating it.

you're welcome for the rant

Yet any-one with half a brain can click on the M01 threads and see everything you typed is blatantly false. Pets are trash, and have always been trash for 13+ years. Every bug, every glitch, every hiccup for pets is well documented in m01 threads and it is the same today. If the only playstyle for this game is footfighter with 2 handed sword heavy great blade, it will die just like that dog shit M01 game did.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Yet any-one with half a brain can click on the M01 threads and see everything you typed is blatantly false. Pets are trash, and have always been trash for 13+ years. Every bug, every glitch, every hiccup for pets is well documented in m01 threads and it is the same today. If the only playstyle for this game is footfighter with 2 handed sword heavy great blade, it will die just like that dog shit M01 game did.
Nice bait.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
db5ba4ef18b024efd6808359cb0d97f0.500x500x1.jpg

Piet

May 28, 2020
Ewww you made me agree with Shmerric you monster. In a purely balance side of things you can have a full other build with a 125 pet for 80 points. That pet takes no skill to use and can basically 3v1. They need to fix pets and make them more skill based not to mention take their normal 600 points they used to take to get a useful pet before they should consider something like this.