Persistence Build thoughts? MA, MM, Taming

GIToez

Dec 7, 2021
Meduli
Just wanted to get some thoughts/ideas for my build come release. Always loved the Taming aspect of games so been mostly focusing on that. With Vet being crappy, i threw in a little magic mostly for healing, along with Archery for some backup damage. I know once the rest of the Archery stuff comes out my build is pretty much messed up and not really feeling like rerolling when that happens so been trying to plan ahead for that (My idea would be to loose out on sprinting, combat maneuvering, vitalism to throw into the archery skills; Animal Care and Beast Mastery will swap) Hoping someone else been playing around with similar builds can give me some ideas.
1642385362689.png
1642385528634.png

Fargus

Oct 17, 2021
Something you need to be aware of is all the "best" pets in the game (white bear, terror bird, campodon) require all of your pet points at max level so you won't be able to use those and a mount. All other pets die very quickly and you won't be able to out heal the damage if one or two players decide to focus it and short of the white bear your pet will die very quickly.

Reactions: Tzone

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I mean a human beast master isn't that meta, but if you like taming as a profession and think it's fun then go for it. Obviously taming takes a lot more time and effort to make it work. And your pet can easily get killed due to some bs. But if you enjoy taming and leveling pets then yea go for it, but if not then I'd recommend just going melee as it's much more low maintenance

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
YOU ARE INSANE. LOL.

"With Vet being crappy, i threw in a little magic mostly for healing, along with Archery for some backup damage. "

Nah, but more candidly, if you wanna heal your pets, I mean you prol don't need that much ecu or int. I assume you are doing that for flavor and not the stat spread. Your STR (bow req) is so low that you are actually gimping yourself on even good short bows. You can use them, but not optimally (imo.) Your dex is gonna affect your speed on the ground as well as (supposedly) horse control. I'd try for higher of that. Triple mounted on human though, I definitely dig that, and all the stuff you wanna do is easily possible in a build (imo again), but you are building more of a weird mounted mage than a tamer. I'd def stay human for clade gifts, if you are cool with short bows, you can not mess with the stats, most non kall/non khur races will have enough points and attribute caps to do what you want. 110 int is really magey. Not that it's wrong... the only reason why I'd say it's wrong is because you seem to be wanting to be a tamer primary. With how low you are running dex and str, you could probably explore going fat as hell.

There is a huge hole in the clade, that they don't have cooking gifts or taming gifts. It would be nice if they got rid of some of the duplicates (+4+2max, or just raw duplicates) and added in those to some clade. I think it'd be pretty cool for a clade to be able to get 110 pet points or something :eek: IMAGINE THAT OMG OMG. Or 110 taming. Cuz there are legit creatures in the world that you cannot tame w/ 100 taming if they are a certain type and level.

I ran my tamer obese for a long time w/ magic. Sheevra fat mage basically. I was ahead of my time what can I say, but to be honest, being mobile on the ground really helps your game play experience. Elves are definitely the best tamers, I'd say, but since everyone is running that, I can see why you'd wanna be different. Your build WORKS for sure. It can do everything you want it to do, but the way you explained it, I don't know if it's appropriate.

I'd legit think about dropping sprinting and combat man if you aren't gonna take armor training at all and are gonna run a pretty low dex. Defensive stance tends to do well, especially without armor training. Also I never liked animal care as a skill. But I dislike AFKing too much. It just makes it more griefy when you do lose your mount/pet. 100 is good for me.

Edit: @Fargus , I assumed this was a pve build?

Reactions: GIToez

GIToez

Dec 7, 2021
Meduli
With beta I'd use the bow for kiting pve mobs mostly terror bird with how fast they are now. Only way to solo them to be able to tame them.

Pvp wise I'd use magic/bow to kill the horse then send in the terror bird/magic to finish off the rider. I went with 82 str to give me access to the dense crepite short bow. Seems mounted combat was everything atleast down in meduli.

The int/phy helped me be able too pull off this trifecta build with the clade gift/bonus skill points. Dex wise seems to about perfect for riding. Horse turning in easy though on foot I'm pretty much sol.

Armor training I didn't go because with human clade needed 6 weight to keep mana Regen which I get that passively with stats.

Started beta as a foot tamer and just sorta evolved, To try and keep up with everyone.

I don't like being like everyone else but still wanna play something viable lol

Having a clade gift for taming or pet points would be so great. That is a downside not being able to have max level pets with a mount. Think I was running lvl 10 horse with lvl 95 bird most times.

Some other build ideas
Foot elf tamer/mage/archery
Human

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
With beta I'd use the bow for kiting pve mobs mostly terror bird with how fast they are now. Only way to solo them to be able to tame them.

Pvp wise I'd use magic/bow to kill the horse then send in the terror bird/magic to finish off the rider. I went with 82 str to give me access to the dense crepite short bow. Seems mounted combat was everything atleast down in meduli.

The int/phy helped me be able too pull off this trifecta build with the clade gift/bonus skill points. Dex wise seems to about perfect for riding. Horse turning in easy though on foot I'm pretty much sol.

Armor training I didn't go because with human clade needed 6 weight to keep mana Regen which I get that passively with stats.

Started beta as a foot tamer and just sorta evolved, To try and keep up with everyone.

I don't like being like everyone else but still wanna play something viable lol

Having a clade gift for taming or pet points would be so great. That is a downside not being able to have max level pets with a mount. Think I was running lvl 10 horse with lvl 95 bird most times.

You can't efficiently be a tamer warrior archer and mage. I'd personally pick two and stick with them

Ajido

Nov 26, 2020
Something you need to be aware of is all the "best" pets in the game (white bear, terror bird, campodon) require all of your pet points at max level so you won't be able to use those and a mount. All other pets die very quickly and you won't be able to out heal the damage if one or two players decide to focus it and short of the white bear your pet will die very quickly.

Is there any site that has this kind of pet point info for different types/levels, like how we have workbench emulators and such?

GIToez

Dec 7, 2021
Meduli
Is there any site that has this kind of pet point info for different types/levels, like how we have workbench emulators and such?
Actually, I've been making one myself because there hasnt been one lol

not complete yet but a good chunk of it is. Was trying to finish it before the wipe but sadly couldn't do it.

Reactions: Timothias and Ajido

Ajido

Nov 26, 2020
Actually, I've been making one myself because there hasnt been one lol

not complete yet but a good chunk of it is. Was trying to finish it before the wipe but sadly couldn't do it.

Thanks for sharing that, very awesome of you!

GIToez

Dec 7, 2021
Meduli
Someone actually pointed out once combat mounts becomes a thing prolly wont need herding so ill be able to have that max level pet and rid it into combat.

1642457671146.png1642457618407.png

GIToez

Dec 7, 2021
Meduli
Version idk, managed to get up to 110 str i hope that's enough for bow. Seems i got everything a bit balanced now.
1642464952887.png1642464969264.png