Performance

Dalgri

Dec 23, 2021
Hello,

So i pre purchased the game a couple days ago to get familiar and a feel for the game.
The thing is, i like the whole idea and everything but the game performs really bad somehow.
I get 'decent' fps but i have allot of microstutters, like every 4-10s and even on 1080p with a 3060 like GPU and everything on low other then anti aliasing cuz i hate the shimmering of Anti aliasing low the game still uses 92-99% of my gpu and barely my cpu like 33% total usage maybe.
On 1440p i just dont feel comfortable playing cuz performance is even worse and no matter how much i lower each setting incl resolution scaling, the game just puts my pc on blast.
Annyone else experiencing these micro stutters and clunky performance?

Badgerblade

Dec 8, 2021
Its something you get used to and see less.. They have some optimization still to do, I play 4k 50-70 FPS and the performance is the same if I play 1080p with around 180 FPS. Try and not let it stop you from playing, you honestly stop noticing it after a while and I'm sure they will keep working to make it better.

Komodor

Jul 11, 2020
You need SSD disck, at least 16GB RAM (32 is better), use Dx12. If by any chance you play on gaming laptop, disable turbomode and set power usage at below 100% (90-95%)

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Dalgri

Dec 23, 2021
Its more like microstutters, render stutters or something. Every 4-10s theres like a frameskip.
What did help so far tho is INCREASING the video settings ingame.
The game ran allot worse on low settings compared to high settings somehow.
I still have a microstutter now and then but it isnt making my eyes bleed atleast like before

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Its more like microstutters, render stutters or something. Every 4-10s theres like a frameskip.
What did help so far tho is INCREASING the video settings ingame.
The game ran allot worse on low settings compared to high settings somehow.
I still have a microstutter now and then but it isnt making my eyes bleed atleast like before
I get that on MechWarrior Online as well, fps on high settings is somehow lower than on maxed. Video games can be weird that way sometimes. On the positive side, it's an incentive to play on higher graphics settings.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
If your GPU is running at near 100%, that's a good sign, it means it's being properly utilized (rather than being CPU bound). As people have mentioned, usually microstutters are due to textures being loaded in from disk as you're moving around (one test is, does it stutter when you enter a new area, then if you stand still and move around does it stop?)

Another is the RAM size on your video card. Sounds like you're still having the issue on low, but if your texture size is really big, can overflow the ram on your video card which then means it's constantly reading off the hard drive, with even with a fast drive will tank your performance.

Lastly, DLSS unlocks a LOT for this game, if you happen to have a 20 or 30 series Nvidia game, in terms of being able to play at higher resolutions without big performance hits.

Dalgri

Dec 23, 2021
If your GPU is running at near 100%, that's a good sign, it means it's being properly utilized (rather than being CPU bound). As people have mentioned, usually microstutters are due to textures being loaded in from disk as you're moving around (one test is, does it stutter when you enter a new area, then if you stand still and move around does it stop?)

Another is the RAM size on your video card. Sounds like you're still having the issue on low, but if your texture size is really big, can overflow the ram on your video card which then means it's constantly reading off the hard drive, with even with a fast drive will tank your performance.

Lastly, DLSS unlocks a LOT for this game, if you happen to have a 20 or 30 series Nvidia game, in terms of being able to play at higher resolutions without big performance hits.
Heya, its mostly like, a rendering hickup or something.
It does happen rather extreme when entering new area and it all rendering in but even in a area ive been in a while it still skips a frame every so often.
What did help so far is enabling vsync, and putting everything other then shadows on high.
I would love using DLSS but i have a AMD card.
RX 6600 XT

rednhax

Dec 18, 2021
I get stutters when a lot of players are moving in and out of range around me in town. Meduli at night, no lag, Meduli when its full of people, stutters. I m thinking its network/server lag causing the stutter.

The one thing I noticed the most was that windowed mode(normal or Fullscreen) drops my FPS by 50%, so Fullscreen seems like a must, at least for me.