Performance issues

bezveze

Jul 3, 2021
Hello, I am a new MO player. I've started playing the game today, and even though I have a decent PC for this game, I get very low fps, and it makes the game almost unplayable. Even with the lowest setting my fps is around 20. I also put priority on MO and close all other apps. Also, my drivers are up to date.
My specs are:
- GeForce GTX 1060 3gb
- I7 - 3770k
- 24gb RAM (working on dual channel)

Is there a way I could increase my fps?

Thanks in advance

bezveze

Jul 3, 2021
Did you try enabling multi-threaded rendering under the video options ?
Hi, thank you for reply. I've tried every option and it didn't run smoothly. Now I've disabled fullscreen mode and went into windowed, and the game runs great with about 50 fps on high settings. Maybe others will find this useful

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
It's odd how the lowest settings never seem to give the highest fps.
Lowering resolution has a bigger effect on fps, if you ever need more.

bezveze

Jul 3, 2021
It's odd how the lowest settings never seem to give the highest fps.
Lowering resolution has a bigger effect on fps, if you ever need more.
Yeah, I've tried that too. Game did run faster, but fps was not stable and the game stuttered a lot. But when I disable the full screen mode and play windowed, I can play on high settings at 1920x1280 resolution without any problems. Game only stutters a bit when I enter an area with a lot of AI

EZgold

Jan 28, 2021
what resolution are you playing with ?
use the monitor's native resolution and lower the resolution scale slider in video options. DLSS would have better results but it's not an option for your card.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
Hello, I am a new MO player. I've started playing the game today, and even though I have a decent PC for this game, I get very low fps, and it makes the game almost unplayable. Even with the lowest setting my fps is around 20. I also put priority on MO and close all other apps. Also, my drivers are up to date.
My specs are:
- GeForce GTX 1060 3gb
- I7 - 3770k
- 24gb RAM (working on dual channel)

Is there a way I could increase my fps?

Thanks in advance
3 gigs on your graphics card you will find some problems occasionally.

StreamerLord

Dec 2, 2020
Unfortunately think you will have issues when the population comes back for persistence but SV has made some progress with optimization.

Reactions: Rorry
D

Deleted member 44

Unfortunately your setup is not going to cut it for this game. Quite frankly your setup is ancient. I just recently upgraded from that very same CPU this year. Do yourself a favor a spend a couple hundred on a AMD 5600X setup and you'll be golden. Can't do anything about the GPU right now. I'll sell you a GTX 1080 for $500 if you want.

3770K - 2012
GTX 1060 - 2016

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
Unfortunately your setup is not going to cut it for this game. Quite frankly your setup is ancient. I just recently upgraded from that very same CPU this year. Do yourself a favor a spend a couple hundred on a AMD 5600X setup and you'll be golden. Can't do anything about the GPU right now. I'll sell you a GTX 1080 for $500 if you want.

3770K - 2012
GTX 1060 - 2016

4790 i7 , 8gig RAM, 1060GTX 6gig: Around 10-20FPS in teamfights

I switched for a EVGA 1660Ti and got around 80-144FPS. I feel this game is really base on GPU more than anything else and dont underestimate old CPU from 2012 they was OverKill back in the day. I prefer my old 4790 than a 9600K that only offer single thread.

PS: I still have freeze sometime but I think its power related because im build Micro-ITX so... Micro PSU.. Micro Mobo etc it sux.

D

Deleted member 44

4790 i7 , 8gig RAM, 1060GTX 6gig: Around 10-20FPS in teamfights

I switched for a EVGA 1660Ti and got around 80-144FPS. I feel this game is really base on GPU more than anything else and dont underestimate old CPU from 2012 they was OverKill back in the day. I prefer my old 4790 than a 9600K that only offer single thread.

PS: I still have freeze sometime but I think its power related because im build Micro-ITX so... Micro PSU.. Micro Mobo etc it sux.
I agree that 3D rendered worlds will always rely heavily on the GPU, but to say that the CPU isn't limiting his performance is just factually wrong. I'm not sure what the rules on linking youtube videos are on this forum, but there are a lot of videos showing the performance differences of different CPUs with the same GPU. In addition, newer CPUs come with newer feature sets. M.2 PCIE, PCIE 4.0, GPU Direct Storage Access, TPM (Windows 11), faster/larger system memory capacity. Ten years is a huge jump in technology and should not be so easily dismissed.

With all of that said, if the OP wants to hold off on upgrading, the next series of AMD desktop processors will be on DDR5. This would be a good transition point for anyone wanting to upgrade. There will be a DDR5 premium, but it should create and upgrade path for a couple years.

bezveze

Jul 3, 2021
Thank you all for your replies. I will look into buying a new GPU when the prices get a bit lower and I will wait a bit for the new AMD ddr5 CPU.
Until then, MO1 will teach me a few things about the game and the lore 😊

Reactions: Bicorps