PC Shutting Down after second game Launch

Mazarope

Dec 21, 2021
Dear Mortal Online II Community,

I need your help.

I Bought the game, installed and played for 2 hours without problems. Its a great game. After so much fun, I went to sleep.

When I waked up to play again, after starting the game, the opening video starts, starvault logo shows, and my PC shutdown without warning. This happens all the time a try to play the game now.

The only thing i changed from standard config was from Fullscreen to windowed Fullscreen (on the game menu).

I have an okay PC tha is why better than recommend:
AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 6-Core Processor
16 Ram
NVidea GForce RTX 2080

All drivers and windows are updated. The game integrity is checked on steam. I uninstalled and downloaded the game again and BUM, PC shutdown again.

Never had a problem like this before, and in my first play I tried it without problems on ultra mode.

Do you have any clue how to fix this? is there a way to launch the game on windowed mode?

Hope to hear from you.

Best Regards,

Mazzarope

User_name

Mar 23, 2021
Can you try some CPU and GPU intensive benchmarking programs to see if they shut down the pc as well? Then it might be an issue of the PSU, other than that I've got no idea - maybe contact FarmerJoe on Discord in case you don't manage to reproduce the crash outside of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: Mazarope

Mazarope

Dec 21, 2021
Can you try some CPU and GPU intensive benchmarking programs to see if they shut down the pc as well? Then it might be an issue of the PSU, other than that I've got no idea - maybe contact FarmerJoe on Discord in case you don't manage to reproduce the crash outside of the game.

Thanks for the replay. I will definitely try some benchmarking programs to see if ithe shutdown happens. I'm playing high graphic games like BFV and New World without any problems, Mortal II should not be a problem, but I will test anyways.

Do you know any way I could configurate the game to launch in windowed mode before launching it?

Mazarope

Dec 21, 2021
That sounds like a power issue.

It's my guess too. I'm almost buying a new PSU. Mine now is a 700W, in the manual, it should be enough.

But it's weird: on my first try at the game I played for 2 hours without shutdown. After changing the configurations to "windowed Fullscreen" and after the last update, the shutdown problem started.

Backyard Employee

Oct 30, 2021
It's my guess too. I'm almost buying a new PSU. Mine now is a 700W, in the manual, it should be enough.

But it's weird: on my first try at the game I played for 2 hours without shutdown. After changing the configurations to "windowed Fullscreen" and after the last update, the shutdown problem started.

It's common for games with poor optimization or massive memory leaks.

New World, 7 Days to Die, Empyrion Galactic Survival are just a few I can name off the top of my head that had power issues.

It could also very well be a heating issue. Had that problem as well.

So either power or heating would be my guesses.

Reactions: Mazarope

Mazarope

Dec 21, 2021

Thank you again for the response. Did some benchmarking tests with Ryzen Master and MSI Overclocking and everything went fine. I Guess it's another problem with the game config or hardware compatibility.

Attachments

• Teste 2.PNG
    Teste 2.PNG
    15.1 KB · Views: 0
  • stress test 1.PNG
    stress test 1.PNG
    457.8 KB · Views: 0

Mazarope

Dec 21, 2021
It's common for games with poor optimization or massive memory leaks.

New World, 7 Days to Die, Empyrion Galactic Survival are just a few I can name off the top of my head that had power issues.

It could also very well be a heating issue. Had that problem as well.

So either power or heating would be my guesses.

Thanks for your response. It's something like that that is happening.

Temperature: I monitored the temperature of the processor and video card, and it was fine, around 40º Celsius.

SOLVED: In the end, I forced the game to open in regular windowed mode on the windows configuration panel (see picture attached) and it worked, I'm back in the game.

So far, I think the problem is on the start of the game on windowed Fullscreen mode. It forces the GPU someway in a wrong way and it shuted down to protect himself.

Attachments

• options.PNG
    options.PNG
    19.4 KB · Views: 10