Pax Dei Wilderness Alpha:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Who's in? I didn't get into the first one, but I saw something about how they sent out the invites today, and I checked that e-mail. Wew. We made it.

A week long, too, seems legit. I hope it's not trash.

Reactions: Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I got my invite today as well. Thankfully.

Though I am not sure how much I will be able to participate this time around.

I did really enjoy it during the first testing though.

So I will check it out as much as I can.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Nice reminder... Just noticed that I registered ages ago for the Alpha and got indeed a alpha test key in my spam inbox. :D

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Played a lil the other morning before the server crashed. Played again while coffee this morning.

I DUNNO. I was hoping you could get like some preset gear to try out their pvp. Pretty disappointed in that. I shoulda known, but I am not feeling wilderness crafting games. I hate that you gotta either no life it or group up (and no life it) to get geared. I JUST WANNA PLAY A LITTLE. GIMME A STARTER KIT.

these are the kinda people you run into huee.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Played a lil the other morning before the server crashed. Played again while coffee this morning.

I DUNNO. I was hoping you could get like some preset gear to try out their pvp. Pretty disappointed in that. I shoulda known, but I am not feeling wilderness crafting games. I hate that you gotta either no life it or group up (and no life it) to get geared. I JUST WANNA PLAY A LITTLE. GIMME A STARTER KIT.

these are the kinda people you run into huee.
I'm still not a point where I can craft decent weapon and armors but I'm getting close...

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I got a chance to play a little bit. I still really like this game.

I am not getting to far fast but there is a steady progression.

Granted I will not progress as far and wide as a group. But I could see myself carving out a little place in this world.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I got a chance to play a little bit. I still really like this game.

I am not getting to far fast but there is a steady progression.

Granted I will not progress as far and wide as a group. But I could see myself carving out a little place in this world.

yeah, it's fun to make stuff. I posted on their Reddit because I didn't realize they were trying to make the end game like this. As in, no cities just player built stuff. I think that's gonna be pretty bad in practice. I don't think we are anywhere near making that model work. Game is definitely a little too grindy and certain things more balanced than others. Like mining and making ore is fair. I don't mind the wait, making charcoal, etc. But then like gathering flax is kinda aaahh.

I'm still not a point where I can craft decent weapon and armors but I'm getting close...

yeah I'm hoping to make a bow. haha. Someone gave me some weps and some trashtier armor, enough to kill some animals. I think the spot I am in is pretty good. I like that you can eat all sorts of food and have like 3 buffs up at once which change your health / stam. Really wanna get into cooking, but stopped in the middle of making tools. I need something I am not sure how to make for bows. I dunno if I am gonna play much more, but I def had fun setting things up. I also wish I had more storage. I am a hoarder for sure. I got a whole bunch of those little boxes, but it feels lame to make any more.

____

I dunno. I may play some more. Still got the weekend. I was making some Tin ingots (cuz I traveled a bit and found tin.) I need fakn granite, now that I remember, that's what I am lacking. I had some that I found at some point, but I threw it out to make space, rip.

My PoV is that if I can cook up some decent shit, it doesn't seem like many people even have cooking set ups in their shit, I might be able to barter for some gear ;) But like I said I def hit a wall. I didn't go hard, but it's like ahhh granite fak.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
https://www.reddit.com/r/PaxDei/comments/1cdsc92
They had a bug where people could delete your shit or loot your storage. It got fixed, luckily. I remember starting Life is Feudal Your Own and my friend was super into it. So much I was like yea I'm bout to sleep and he was like ( just going in!! ) and I came back and people had killed him and you could just walk up to people's stuff and delete it. I can see why people rage quit over shit like that.

That might be why dudes were acting so worried when I was trolling around their base haha. I was thinking they were super weird for caring.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
yeah, it's fun to make stuff. I posted on their Reddit because I didn't realize they were trying to make the end game like this. As in, no cities just player built stuff. I think that's gonna be pretty bad in practice. I don't think we are anywhere near making that model work. Game is definitely a little too grindy and certain things more balanced than others. Like mining and making ore is fair. I don't mind the wait, making charcoal, etc. But then like gathering flax is kinda aaahh.

yeah I'm hoping to make a bow. haha. Someone gave me some weps and some trashtier armor, enough to kill some animals. I think the spot I am in is pretty good. I like that you can eat all sorts of food and have like 3 buffs up at once which change your health / stam. Really wanna get into cooking, but stopped in the middle of making tools. I need something I am not sure how to make for bows. I dunno if I am gonna play much more, but I def had fun setting things up. I also wish I had more storage. I am a hoarder for sure. I got a whole bunch of those little boxes, but it feels lame to make any more.

____

I dunno. I may play some more. Still got the weekend. I was making some Tin ingots (cuz I traveled a bit and found tin.) I need fakn granite, now that I remember, that's what I am lacking. I had some that I found at some point, but I threw it out to make space, rip.

My PoV is that if I can cook up some decent shit, it doesn't seem like many people even have cooking set ups in their shit, I might be able to barter for some gear ;) But like I said I def hit a wall. I didn't go hard, but it's like ahhh granite fak.

I dont have a problem with getting flax. It is everywhere where I am.

But yeah... storing it can be a problem. I even stopped picking it for awhile because of storage issues. Basicly filled a box up with it and quit picking it.

But then I finally started using it with tailoring so I need it more now.

Just got to the point where I could make a hinge. So hope to try the more advanced storge box tomorrow.

Not sure if it has more storage spaces or not though.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I dont have a problem with getting flax. It is everywhere where I am.

But yeah... storing it can be a problem. I even stopped picking it for awhile because of storage issues. Basicly filled a box up with it and quit picking it.

But then I finally started using it with tailoring so I need it more now.

Just got to the point where I could make a hinge. So hope to try the more advanced storge box tomorrow.

Not sure if it has more storage spaces or not though.

It seems like they added a ton more with the update. It IS everywhere now. But the raw amount you need is crazy.

!!! I was inspired to hop on. I realized not being able to find rawhide probably meant I had to make it, and I noticed I didn't have a tanning thing yet. That chest, though, wew. I gotta get more mats probably, but I definitely want to make more in the future. I lucked out not failing it. I was thinking how pissed I was gonna be, and it's all the way to the end, too, I'm ded. haha, prol my happiest moment in PD so far.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
It seems like they added a ton more with the update. It IS everywhere now. But the raw amount you need is crazy.

!!! I was inspired to hop on. I realized not being able to find rawhide probably meant I had to make it, and I noticed I didn't have a tanning thing yet. That chest, though, wew. I gotta get more mats probably, but I definitely want to make more in the future. I lucked out not failing it. I was thinking how pissed I was gonna be, and it's all the way to the end, too, I'm ded. haha, prol my happiest moment in PD so far.
Nice to see the chest has so many spots for storage.

I actually failed my first attempt last night. Lol.. Going to give it another go today though. It will get easier over time.

Gordonsok

Mar 24, 2024
Доброго времени суток!

Насколько технологии могут повлиять на принятие моральных решений?
Прощаюсь до новых сообщений здесь, на форуме.

Всегда открыт к общению - мои контакты в профиле к вашим услугам.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Nice to see the chest has so many spots for storage.

I actually failed my first attempt last night. Lol.. Going to give it another go today though. It will get easier over time.

haha, I'm RNG blest. I haven't played since then but reading you and Rhias talk about it was like hmm.

It was fun, though. I built my stuff by some real pve mobs, and there is no way I'll ever be able to fight them. I'll never be able to gear up for pvp, either, so it's like wellll.

Super disappointed, as I probably said, that they don't have a way to test the pvp without putting in so much effort to gear. I know the pvp is basic and 'bad,' but I wanna see if I think it has the tools to be balanced.

edit: also wish I knew what that dude said. I guess I can use a translator heh.

edit2: o it's spam. Russian RMT and Russian SPAM gg.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I am having fun. But I am simply playing it like I did the first time around.

Just exploring the game without concerns for combat .

But I do get that this is what they probably needed to be testing this time around. Not everyone plays like I do. Probably hardly anyone.

One issue I do have though is the idea of economy and markets.

I don't see how any of this will work at this point.

Without the ability to easily buy and sell from/too others, I might as well be playing a single person game.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I think it'll work, but the supply will be controlled. It might be tough for a solo / small group to have much to offer back to the group who is supplying, though.

That's why I like towns and learning skills / processing like MO, everyone can access it. I assume people are gonna be able to set their appliances on public, too. How many people are gonna do that, though? And likely, there will eventually be a way to deny people access.

I dunno if they will have a market per se, but I imagine player to player trading will be very common. The question is how much are people going to respect your little encampment / slow build. I talk with that dude fartbox on here, but he does know the main issue of MMO's succeeding: solo gameplay. If a game is purely group based, it takes a whole different turn.

The world in pax is HUGE and I really like it, too. I definitely think you won't have to worry about getting mats. If there is more pvp, they will be able to lock down an area by just not supplying people, though.

And yea I think the test is working well. I didn't build anything because I just wanted to make gear. I am the guy who would build with legos as a kid and not care about what color they were haha. My 'end product' would be something that symbolized something imaginary. So, creating buildings or cities when they aren't gonna help me in a tangible way is meh. Plenty of people built amazing shit, though, but most of them had A LOT of people on it.

I'm all for large groups being able to have fun, but without the ability to go solo and do your own thing, I feel the game loses its balance.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Yeah, I can definitely play it solo. But like you said, I don't see how I would have much to offer others.

They say its supposed to have a player based economy so I guess time will tell how that is all going to work.

So far in testing I too have only build for function and not looks.

When the game is live though I would have more time to put into actually designing a house and such.

But it would come over time and would not have priority at first.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yeah, I can definitely play it solo. But like you said, I don't see how I would have much to offer others.

They say its supposed to have a player based economy so I guess time will tell how that is all going to work.

So far in testing I too have only build for function and not looks.

When the game is live though I would have more time to put into actually designing a house and such.

But it would come over time and would not have priority at first.

how far did you end up getting? I stopped after I built my box. I did make a bow, but LONGBOW was very hard, so I wasn't able to make one. Basic bow with wooden arrow is epic trash even on a boar. haha. I made some flint arrows, too. Made a big storage, made a bow, those were my goals. I don't mind how archery works, either, even tho like I said the bow sucked. The trajectory was bad, but I liked the aiming well enough.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Not very far in the short amount of time I had honestly.

But I think I got most of the basic tables anyway. And was processing wrought iron.

Every thing seemed to take a lot of time and effort. But we really did not have the time.

It should go better when things are persistent.