Patch Notes 1.0.6.15 Discussion

What do you think of this patch?

• Total voters

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1170950/view/3257815374223640240

Added
  • A new batch of points of interest locations have been added to the world.
  • The Fabernum city sewers are now open.

Changes
  • Armor shoulder pads are now hidden in first person view so they do not block your view in combat.
  • The following races now get additional attribute points:
  • Khurite: +2 attribute points per grandparent.
  • Kallard: +1 attribute point per grandparent.
  • Huergar: +2 attribute points per grandparent.
  • Increased the melee and blunt damage resistance of player owned structures.
  • The Thursar clade gift 'Adrenaline' now also allows you to block without stamina for its duration.
  • Players in the Ether who receive the Transcendental Awareness buff will no longer see living Players.
  • The Ether beam attack is now easier to hit with.
  • The duration the Ether Beam needs to be maintained before damage is applied has been lowered significantly.
  • The Ether Momentum spell’s movement speed bonus has been increased by 100%.
  • The Ether Momentum spell duration has been increased to 5 minutes. (Was previously 1 minute)
  • The young Minotaur model has been updated.
  • You can now place buy orders for Ritual Blood at the broker.
  • Ritual pets will now die when abandoned.
  • Loot luck and loot amount gained from trinkets now apply to your pets as well.
  • You are no longer able to disband a guild using the ‘/guild disband’ chat command. You may only disband a guild via the guild stone going forward.
  • There is now a notification telling you that you can not delete stolen items while they are still marked as stolen.
  • You can no longer equip a trinket while it is marked as stolen.
  • Ahk bond now tells you how much damage the bond has moved to the bonded target.
  • Adjusted the collision on all sword hilts. Handle hits should now be less frequent.
  • Adjusted the HP of ritual Bears, Terror Birds, and Tupilaks.
  • Increased the range of the Tupilak’s ranged attack.
  • Slightly increased the movement speed of the ritual Celaino.
  • Reduced the ritual Celaino’s melee attack damage.
  • Slightly reduced the max taming range of horses.
  • Horses now require fewer control points.
  • Wolves now require fewer control points.
  • Looting the loot bag of someone you are at war with will now trigger the war combatant timer.
  • You now have to wait 45 seconds after the last damage you received before you can delete items from your inventory. (Previously 6 seconds)

Fixes
  • Tentative fix for the issue where weapons could sometimes turn invisible while equipped.
  • Fixed Domination not functioning as intended. You should now be able to dominate a variety of creatures throughout the world.
  • Fixed an issue with mounted combat that resulted in the damage dealt to a target being too low.
  • Many environmental art fixes. Broken textures, collision issues, and navmesh problems have been addressed.
  • Fixed a certain shield crafting combination resulting in an invisible shield.
  • Fixed a Bounty Hunter contractor issue where the 60 minute timer would trigger even if there are no contracts available.
  • Fixed an Easy AntiCheat issue that could occur if you clicked the login button too quickly after starting the game.
  • Fixed a minor spelling mistake in the description of the Magic Schools skill.
  • Fixed some equipment being listed as being made of “Material” instead of something more accurate.
  • Fixed Horn Pepper and Horn Pepper Oil having the same icon.
  • Fixed an issue where spells would sometimes fizzle if you were to cast them one after another in rapid succession.
  • Fixed an issue where spells would sometimes not release if you were to cast them one after another in rapid succession.
  • Fixed being able to shoot arrows and spells through the windows of player owned houses that are under construction. (This only applies to houses with solid glass windows)
  • Fixed an issue where players were unable to lower their height past a certain point, despite the statistics of the character claiming that you should be able to.
  • Fixed an issue where shrinking food would sometimes make you taller.
  • Fixed incorrect wording on the task rewards page. It should now say that the following rewards are what you get, instead of “choose your reward”. Which is no longer the case.
  • Fixed an issue that would cause the FPS limit and DLSS settings to not save upon logging into the game.
  • Fixed a performance issue that would occur while a player owned structure is under construction.
  • Fixed a bug where you would lose more stamina than intended if you pressed the jump key while swimming.
  • Fixed two issues that allowed you to transport items while in spirit form.
  • Fixed the flat boss frame for tower shields not using the intended amount of material when crafting.
  • Fixed an issue where trinkets with an adamant would lose their final stat.
  • Fixed guilds becoming soft locked if the guild leader leaves. Now when a guild leader leaves, another high ranking member will be assigned as the new leader.
  • Fixed a bug where the guild leader of a newly created guild would appear as offline to other members.
  • Fixed a bug where the guild leader of a newly created guild would appear as not a part of the guild they just created.
  • Fixed the UI not updating properly after a member was removed from a guild.
  • Fixed the UI not updating properly after a new leader was assigned to a guild.
  • Fixed the UI not updating properly after someone logged out
  • Fixed the UI not updating properly after rejoining another guild after having just left a guild
  • Fixed the UI showing a player as offline after their rank was modified.
  • Fixed horse tails clipping through horse armor.
  • Fixed a bug that allowed you to delete items while in combat.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
"You now have to wait 45 seconds after the last damage you received before you can delete items from your inventory. (Previously 6 seconds)"
Nice! Now also include horse damage and I will be happy.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's good. GOOD. Fixed some stuff. Don't do dom, so nothing more broken.

Humans need more than +8 att. Humans are abandoned on the speed curve because they can't REALLY (they kinda can imo) kite the bangers and they are food for elves. 243-248 ehhh. My PoV on balancing humans is simple:

Give everyone a raw bonus in attribute pool. Humans are also lost on the intelligence curve, arguably. Sid fatmage? Maybe haha. But, I'd say increase their primary stats, give sid more int (perhaps leave or lower str,) give Kall more Str, at least 117 base. Prol more con, too. Sardu gets more int as well as current Khurite speed. Sardu should be as fast as Khur is now, and Khur should be closer to elf speed. Tin seems OK cuz it seems like they balanced clade off the MO1 Tin hybrid.

Unless there are some crazy clade bonuses (and human has some nice ones... for crafting,) giving people the basic same speed and lower attribute caps because 'they are human' is a recipe for disaster. If you don't fix that core, it won't be balanced. I tend to believe one human should be in the meta. haha. Big Thur can pull a big bow and do stupid dmg, ogh is tank and hard MM, elf can do w/e. Human is like... gimme that lore and +50. That they are 'gimped' in combat kind of makes sense, but they need some way. If you wanna buff them mounted, too, do that. Add in a + mounted speed or stam or something, make it so they can ride up stuff like Lyks could. Dunno. But looking at their clade tree, it should be prol either riding related or magic.

Reactions: Reimar

Cazik

Mar 5, 2022
It's a good patch overall.

A couple bugs I've noticed and reported in game:

• Shoulder armor is visible if you're mounted, standing on a hill, and looking downward.
  • The video setting "Maintain vertical aspect ratio" still resets every time you log in and needs to be reapplied.
    • I think this broke before when DLSS and FPS limit had the same problem. Those were fixed but the aspect ratio setting was not.

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
the notes made me laugh too hard, the human buff is not going to help at all, thursar khurite might benefit more than humans from the point change but barely, and buffing swords is weirdchamp when theyre like 80% used at this point. huergar getting more points buffs fatmages :sick:

pet changes are ok, they need to get toned down more always, and cheaper point cost horses is welcome.

Reactions: Reimar and Hodo

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Ok so the shoulder thing never bothered me. Just wear lower profile shoulder armor not exactly rocket science.

Dont really get the sword changes, why not reduce the handle hits on axes, spears, clubs and the pole versions?

Or just remove handle hits on all one handed weapons leaving them for the two handed weapons, finally making one handed weapons more attractive.

Reactions: Jatix

Tzone

May 16, 2021
meh patch, fixed some bugs and other glitches which is good. Added fab sewers which is good but the sewers are meh. At least there are multiple entrances.

Its not a bad patch. But the "human" buff isnt a human buff. SV still has not realized that humans suck because a bunch of noobs and RPers are making it look like its doing well on spread sheets. So all they did was try to make reasons for human player to go for the lesser played clade.

A couple of the few human PvPers I know of that exist were pretty upset or let down by this. They had some hopium for human buff. Just buff them already, filter you spread sheet by hours or by guild names and then again if they are mounted or not. How many players in good PvP guilds play human? I think I know of like 3 out of the hundred of good PvPers in this game.

You are a noob untill 2k hours so just filter you spread sheets like that for the meta. Dont let all these noob and RPers mess with balancing that they either dont care about or have no idea about yet.

Reactions: Hodo and Reimar

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
the biggest 2 problems with human is:
1. their clade gifts are extremely mediocre compared to the other 3 clades.
2. their max stats don't just stack up compared to the other 3.

giving the 2 subraces 4 more attributes to spend when their stats are forced into being fighters isnt going to do shit period. and even for mixing with the other 3 subraces the tiny amount you can get more is going to do jack shit.

rework their clade gifts, and redo their max stats.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Meh changes, hope they cooking something bigger while they do this, some "fixes" there are uncheckable.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
"You now have to wait 45 seconds after the last damage you received before you can delete items from your inventory. (Previously 6 seconds)"
Nice! Now also include horse damage and I will be happy.
They need to make it so you can drop stolen items and have it create a loot bag on the ground. you shouldn't be able to just destroy items anyway. solves all these issues while fixing others. I hate when I accidentally get encumbered looting and cant do anything about it. then I'm fighting and I cant get rid of any of them.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
They need to make it so you can drop stolen items and have it create a loot bag on the ground. you shouldn't be able to just destroy items anyway. solves all these issues while fixing others. I hate when I accidentally get encumbered looting and cant do anything about it. then I'm fighting and I cant get rid of any of them.
And let us put stolen items into pet bags. Looting horses and not beeing able to move for a few minutes is a pain.

D

Deleted member 44

They broke every melee weapon in the game while making GK monsters unkillable in melee. BAD

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
what about the slower windup of sword or other weapons. feels so slow to overhead now. just my sensation?

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
also..why wait 45sec to delete butchery bones and meat when u kill animals and monster..its a pain. make the 45sec thing only for players damage.

Reactions: ch3rt

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Simple solution....

Dont loot while you're fighting.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Simple solution....

Dont loot while you're fighting.
Well this is mo things can not go as planned. You can think theres no fight and get attacked right after looting, or get jumped while looting, butchering etc. So its stupid when the game says 'no you cant drop this carcass, you got hit'.

And even if you loot while fighting, not being able to drop things is still bad game design. The risk of looting in combat should be getting nailed while looting. Not oops I'm encumbered by 1kg, time to die because I can pick this up in combat but I cant put it down.

Reactions: ch3rt

Highlander

Oct 27, 2021
Well this is mo things can not go as planned. You can think theres no fight and get attacked right after looting, or get jumped while looting, butchering etc. So its stupid when the game says 'no you cant drop this carcass, you got hit'.

And even if you loot while fighting, not being able to drop things is still bad game design. The risk of looting in combat should be getting nailed while looting. Not oops I'm encumbered by 1kg, time to die because I can pick this up in combat but I cant put it down.
jump people butchering for easy win now. only players attack should tik the cd delete. and why in a full loot game i cant put stolen stacks in my horse bags..?

Reactions: Jatix

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
2. their max stats don't just stack up compared to the other 3.

I think this is by design.

People need to remember that you don't need to have the highest stat to be successful. I think there is a point where if they kept the max stats where they are, and gave em so many attribute points that people would say they're OP. Thus, moving in that direction little by little, like they have done, is a good plan, imo.

Humans are intended to be "jack of all trades, master of none"

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
the problem is, alvarin are also a jack of all trades + speed, and do tindremic/sarducaan humans jobs better if they involve magic. khurites and kallards are pretty much forced into physical builds because their magic stats are terrible.

Reactions: Deleted member 44