Patch Notes 1.0.0.30 Discussion

Do you like this patch?

• Total voters

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://store.steampowered.com/news/app/1170950/view/3117060763987401015

(And SV, please stop putting the words "Hotfix" on the patch image. It's not a hotfix, it's a patch. 🙂 )

Added
  • Added Tier 2 upgrade to the T Wall section at keep spots.
  • Added dynamic spawners around the world that can spawn a variety of different Ai.
  • Added an on screen notification for when you are invited to join a guild. (Note that this is not the same as the previous pop-up which interrupted gameplay)

Changes
  • You now see the names of other players from further away.
  • Updated navmesh.
  • Update trade UI to make it clearer who you are trading with.
  • When someone turns local grey to you, all their pets are now also affected.
  • Hitting a local grey target now resets their local grey timers.
  • Getting hit by a local grey target now resets their local grey timer.
  • When you are criminal and your pet gets hit, it will reset both of your criminal timers.
  • Pets now check their owner's local grey list when they attack someone to determine if that’s allowed or not.
  • Houses can no longer be placed within 20 meters of another house.
  • Adjusted Snow Troll spawn location.

Fixes
  • Major network optimization. Allows higher player capacity and larger battles. As a result we will keep the Myrland Alt servers down until they are needed again.
  • Fixed level streaming hitch near Bakti.
  • Fixed wood resource materials for short recurve bow, wrong order in list caused them to show the wrong visual representation.
  • Thursar clade gift 'battle cry' now plays warcry animation/sound.
  • Thursar clade gift 'battle cry' now updates strength and damage bonus visually.
  • Fixed visual rounding error for clade gift damage bonus.
  • Fixed issue with The Vessel not correctly resetting if leashing.
  • Opacity on Trolls waistcloth fixed
  • Ragdoll effect on Nitre worker death is stiffer
  • Fixed bug where pets took up a 'spot' in murder count list causing you to lose out on the ability to report another player.
  • Fixed bug where attacking with pets while dueling turns you criminal.
  • Fixed bug where attacking your own pet with another pet caused you to become a criminal.
  • Fixed bug where you could not legally defend against someone who wasn't a criminal anymore, but still had you as local grey.
  • Fixed bug where you could push murderers infinitely when they we're not criminal flagged.
  • Oghmir clade gift ‘Rock solid’ should no longer work when moving.
  • Fixed issue where AI would stop attacking large AI creatures and just look at them.
  • Lighter weapons now have the correct swing speed.
  • You are no longer considered afk when: extracting, crafting, cooking or making potions.
  • Fixed glitch that made it so that players could place more than one house.
  • Fixed being able to pick up decorations while your inventory is full.
  • Fixed bug where leaving combat mode would reset push counter.
  • Fixed bug where trade window would often close instantly.
  • Fixed a bug where some creatures would not play their aggressive idle stance while in combat.
  • Fixed a lot of reported stuck locations.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
YO. Here's hoping for less lag, but two things caught my eye.

1. Dynamic Spawns!

Been asking for this, GREAT (fighting game voice,) hopefully there are A LOT!

2. Local Grey reset!

Happy unless it resets when you hit mobs which SUCKS I was happy they removed that.

THE FUN IS STARTING NOW?!

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
not sure how I feel about removing alt servers. Even if it works technically its already hard enough to find mobs that havent already been killed. Not to mention banking. Etc. Seems really premature.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
not sure how I feel about removing alt servers. Even if it works technically its already hard enough to find mobs that havent already been killed. Not to mention banking. Etc. Seems really premature.
Technically, alt 1 and 2 are not permanently deleted like alt 3 and 4, they're just offline. SV can turn them back on whenever they feel they're needed.

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
I'm always looking to new patches unless there is something that makes the game worse which doesn't seem to be the case for this one. All changes seem as positive improvements but one needs to first test it to be sure. Anything can unexpectedly get broken.

MO2RIP

Feb 9, 2022
No more alts which should slow all the exploiting, hacking, and rmt. Nice to see SV finally use an unpaid volunteer to post patch notes on these dead forums for the first time this year.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I didnt see any half implementations nor bad design choices so seems like a neutral patch to me. Fixing bugs and stuff and supposedly the name render range is good direction. So far the direction of this patch is good. Need to wait to see if the text matches reality.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Removes ALT servers to "allow bigger fights and busier servers" .

Position in queue: 544

well done......
I forgot about the removal of the alts. If it works out that would be a huge boon to the game. Actual control over the territory instead of people hiding on alts and logging into their houses on from alts to avoid PvP.

The queue is just from everyone logging in at once. Its slowing down the log ins, its not capped yet. Outside of the initial server restart I dont for see much of a queue issue.

But we will have to see.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Ok multiple people are saying that the game is very laggy. Maybe the its the GK keep that is making the game so laggy right now. Stutters and freezes.

Favonius Cornelius

Jun 4, 2020
The Empire
"You are no longer considered afk when: extracting, crafting, cooking or making potions. "

WTF but not fishing?!?!? What the heck is wrong with you people, seriously?

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
Just got home. Q for main was 250ish on main, so tried ALt 1 and it's back up. Guess that experiment didn't go too well :p.
Oh well, was fun to dream for a little while.

Last edited:
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Some people seem to require you to put every past patch in every note. So that reading the patch notes takes hours instead of minutes.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah they need to reduce the weapon speed on lighter weapon. It is too fast for a game with this high ping. They pretty much just super buffed the weaker materials like flake and bone.

Reactions: LordMega

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
Yeah they need to reduce the weapon speed on lighter weapon. It is too fast for a game with this high ping. They pretty much just super buffed the weaker materials like flake and bone.
This.

What the hell were they even thinking, Makes me question if they even have a internal test team due to the unnecessary change they've applied.
There has been nothing but complaints that Light weapons are bad for high-ping yet they go ahead and make it worse.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
This.

What the hell were they even thinking, Makes me question if they even have a internal test team due to the unnecessary change they've applied.
There has been nothing but complaints that Light weapons are bad for high-ping yet they go ahead and make it worse.
They have no QA team according to Henrik. Last I heard is that they kicked out all the non swedish speakers out of the test team a couple of months ago. I can imagine the internal testers of any worth would just upset Henrik by telling or showing him his plans are wrong.

I really hope they just get some really good players on the test team but Henrik makes the final call and he doesnt know how to PvP or play the game.

• Haha

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
This.

SV always over buffs things. Always. Every new thing they bring out is always OP af. Every balancing they do is always overcompensating. They dont do small, calculated adjustments. They always go overboard with it.

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
After 2 years of testing combat they decide that 2 months after release is the perfect time to make weapons even faster. I guess because EU didn't have a big enough advantage and Henrik's main is a bonelord rat who wasn't able to abuse ping to destroy non-EU players.