Patch Notes 0.0.0.90 |Piwi2point0's Test Report

Piwi2point0

Sep 13, 2020
the Netherlands
www.twitch.tv
Legend:
✅ = Feature Works & has been checked
❌ = Feature doesn't work as supposed to be.
❓= Additional questions from tester about the feature
➕= Suggestion the Tester would like to see added to the feature
? = Personal Notes & Game Findings about the Feature

Patch Note Source

Screenshot Gallery Testing

This is the List to test:
Added:

• Added Meduli landscape area.
  • Added new city, Meduli. (Optimizing work in progress)
  • Added Meduli as a new starting location.
  • Added shield crafting.
  • Added armor crafting.
  • Added Archery. (Bows and arrows can be found on the Material Supplier)
  • Simple swimming has been added, you can currently not swim in combat mode.
  • New emotes added. (type /emote in local chat)
  • Added player character level of detail. (LOD's for bodies, armors, hairstyles)
  • Added client side movement prediction to improve player positioning.
  • Added support for canceling emotes on movement.
  • Added skill animations for crafting.
  • Added animations for bandages.
  • Added support for opening GM tickets, note GMs aren't currently in MO2 very much as they are still working in MO1.
  • Added support for proper cool downs. (currently can only be seen in action bars)
  • Added separate turn caps for [Idle: 1100, Block: 1100, Attack Charge: 600, Attack Release: 600]
  • Thursar beard added.

Changes:

• Removed ultra DLSS since NVidia tells us it's not ready.
  • Optimized login back-end for faster initial login.
  • Optimized updates from clients to other clients.
  • Circle compass is now smaller.
  • Updated crafting tables and character sheet.
  • Bandages now work as in MO1 with a 10 sec timer before the HP is updated and 20 sec cool down.
  • Rebuilt parts of the skill window, it should now work a lot better.
  • You can now right click on skills anywhere to trigger them.
  • You now leave combat mode when resting.
  • Changed perfect block calculation methods to a more exact calculation on the server.
  • Updated clade gift animation.
  • Update all races glade gifts to their new update game design. Note that very few of these still work and their icons and most names are just placeholder.
  • Clade gifts can now give skill level bonuses, if a skill gets bonus from a clade gift this can be seen in the skill window.
  • Forcing players out of combat mode can now force the player into combat again after the action has been performed. For example using a bandage now force the player out of combat mode then does the bandage animation and force the player into combat again once it's completed.
  • Removed stack size from crafting windows to avoid confusion since crafting takes materials from all stacks in your inventory.
  • Update a whole lot of tool tips.
  • Change the look of the clade UI to make it easier to read what state each clade gift is in.
  • All loading and charge circles now goes from (like a clock) 12-12 instead of 09-09
  • Slightly increased the server sided arch for perfect blocks.
  • Movement speed reduced.
  • Player acceleration reduced.
  • Combat attacks are now synchronized between players (tolerable up to 400 ms latency)
  • Players are now allowed to attack or block again directly after hitting an enemy.
  • Players have to recover longer after missing an enemy before being able to attack or block again.
  • Players no longer lose stamina when charging an attack directly after a hit while the weapon is still inside the opponent.
  • Spear 2H animations updated.
  • PoleAxe animations updated.
  • Sword 2H animations updated.
  • Player locomotion now adjusts playback based on character size.
  • Time of day sequence updated. (new sun and moon orbits) Currently set to summer month at northern latitude (short nights)
  • Improved animation blends in attacks.
  • Several existing hairstyles polished.
  • Player can no longer strafe in mercy mode.
  • Emotes now turn off as soon as you start moving. (temporary change until emote-specific behavior is implemented)
  • Turn cap implementation fundamentally changed. (it had issues due to the mouse input bug, listed under fixes)
  • Loading screen sequence has been improved. (slightly faster, better fades)
  • The player can now move as soon as the loading screen fades out.
  • Improved time synchronization with server.
  • Character pose has been adjusted when looking up and down to reduce masking of attack directions.

Fixes:

• Clouds no longer affects the eyes on the characters. (translucency sorting issue)
  • Fixed presets for crafting not working correctly.
  • Fixed issue with trading buttons not updating correctly on second trade.
  • Fixed vendor issues with very large expensive stacks.
  • Fixed several issues in the clade gift UI.
  • Fixed a couple of rare crashes.
  • Fixed bug that made right-clicking on items in inventory to add them to trade or crafting not work if you had moved the window.
  • Fixed an issue where alt invert affected blocks directions.
  • Fixed an issue that caused parry effects to play twice sometimes.
  • Fixed Mouse input bug fixed. (it was previously unstable and could vary with frame rate and other reasons)
  • Fixed bug where player would get stuck in charge if using click-drag after doing a short click.
  • Player arms no longer stretch in first person when moving forward/backward.
  • Players now properly backpedal in mercy mode.
  • Weapons no longer disappear on other players if the body is outside the screen.
  • World landscape fixes.
  • Player now smoothly gains control at the end of the resurrect sequence.

Last edited:

Piwi2point0

Sep 13, 2020
the Netherlands
www.twitch.tv
  • ✅ Added animations for bandages.
    • 📓 Only shows your left hand for one second. At least it shows you're bandaging.
    • ➕ Could use some polishing, would like to see the actual bandage rolling.
  • New emotes added. (type /emote in local chat)
    • ✅ Bow
      • ✅ Tested from First Person View
    • ✅ ChestBump
    • ✅ Clap
      • 🤷‍♂️Tested from First Person View
      • 📓 It seem to lock into an animation, from FPV you don't see anything. Except you know your in an animation, because when you try to move there is a delay in place.
    • ✅ Fight
    • ✅ Salute
    • ✅ SaluteLung
    • ✅ Wave
    • ✅Squat
      • ➕ Make option for Crouch and Lay down, usable in combat and able to use it by a shortcut key (keyboard).
  • Added support for canceling emotes on movement.
    • ✅Canceling emotes work, animation are getting interrupted.
    • 📓Experiencing small delay when try to crossover to movement.

Reactions: Eldrath

Piwi2point0

Sep 13, 2020
the Netherlands
www.twitch.tv
Test-work to do:
  • Added shield crafting.
  • Added armor crafting.
  • Added Archery. (Bows and arrows can be found on the Material Supplier)

Additional Feedback:

Features that requires improvement:
  • Crafting
    • 📓Pop-up window for inventory still needs to be manually opened with the key "I", to my opinion this doesn't smoothing the Crafting experience.
      • ➕ Make it pop-up instantly when opening the Crafting station.
    • ➕Required material indicator is also something that should be added to my opinion.
      • 📓 The amounts of fails I had due insignificant materials, resulted in a waste of time due the amount of attempts.
    • 📓 I don't like the fact that you can't see instantly where the material is used for in crafting. Like in what slot to put it into, instead of just having the green squared enlightenment upon dragging into the designated slot.
  • 📓The cursor in-game is sometimes very unwanted, whenever you already closed the window it came with.
    • ➕ Prefer the cursor having it in the following way; Whenever you pop-up a window with a certain key, where you need the cursor for a desired feature. Make the cursor bound to that window, so when you close it the cursor disappears as well.
      • 📓 Currently I have to use key "Z" in order to remove the cursor, which is an extra unnecessary step.
      • 📓 This also counts for the Menu. When I close the menu with key "ESC", I would like to have the cursor gone as well.
  • ➕Please make it more daytime during the testing phase (Alpha). In a lot of testing cases you lack daylight in order to see what the results are from some features. Also for scanning landscapes it makes it very hard to see any irregularities.
  • Vendor;
    • 📓300 buying needs some polishing, I'm referring to the "BUY AMOUNT" where standard the number "1" pop-up and you are not able to delete that number with the "BACKSPACE"-key, so you can insert the desired amount by pressing the amount you like. The Amount bar is fine as it is, but entering the amount you like is easier, if you can enter the amount through your keyboard.
    • ➕ When buying items, I would be nice to see what it's used for. Description should pop-up when you hoover over the picture-icon of the item or select it with "Right-Mouse"-click.

Features that I personally like how they are:
  • The ability to craft an item with the materials, you would like to use. Also mixing handles with weapon heads is something I like as well.
  • The Meduli scenery that I have seen so far.
  • The fundamentals of the combat mechanics.
  • The weapon swapping by putting the weapons in the action bar. Pressing the keys for the 1-Handed Weapon+Shield simultaneously.
  • The respawn options to respawn at 'Priest' or 'Home'.
  • The armor and weapon sets details look very neat.

Last edited: