Overhead stabbing for daggers, maybe more?

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
A big problem with daggers is that they're really easy to block in 1v1 or small group combat.

Would love if the overhead attack was also a stab, so dagger users would have atleast one other attack to use.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
so all they have to do is block up or middle? You know you can get a dagger that does ok damage in a swing right?

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
so all they have to do is block up or middle? You know you can get a dagger that does ok damage in a swing right?

Two would be WAY better than one. Can't win paper/rock/scissors if you can only throw rock.

• Haha
Reactions: CrgHck

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Two would be WAY better than one. Can't win paper/rock/scissors if you can only throw rock.
You can slash, side to side, or from above. It isnt useless, just not as effective as a thrust with some of the daggers. Try using a mace, you cant stab you can only swing left right or overhead swings.

Turd

Jan 27, 2022
Good suggestion, it makes perfect sense. Spear has two stab attacks as well.

Stab-penetration.jpg

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
the spear's right attack still goes by swing damage instead of stab damage. good suggestion tho, daggers are kinda a meme outside of very few situations.

Reactions: Hodo

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Daggers are a meme because they're being treated like a normal melee weapon and they really shouldn't be.

I'd actually debuff their blocking to make it not 100% even with 100 blocking. But I'd buff the rate they can be drawn/sheathed considerably and make them a secondary skill. As dual-wielding and poison use get added I'd make these things benefit daggers more than any other weapon. Those are the skills you should be investing in to be a good dagger user.

It would be nice to see a dagger/throwing knife build that's good at getting in and dealing a lot of damage really fast to enemies they can manage to flank but just absolutely can't win if they stand toe-to-toe with a real melee. Not treating them like a normal melee weapon that can parry a 2h hammer somehow is what would open up the door for them to do the kind of damage they should deal in an ambush or be swapped as fast as they should be able to in a harasser build without being overpowered.

Last edited:

Wyndorn

Apr 20, 2022
Daggers are a meme because they're being treated like a normal melee weapon and they really shouldn't be.

I'd actually debuff their blocking to make it not 100% even with 100 blocking. But I'd buff the rate they can be drawn/sheathed considerably and make them a secondary skill. As dual-wielding and poison use get added I'd make these things benefit daggers more than any other weapon. Those are the skills you should be investing in to be a good dagger user.

It would be nice to see a dagger/throwing knife build that's good at getting in and dealing a lot of damage really fast to enemies they can manage to flank but just absolutely can't win if they stand toe-to-toe with a real melee. Not treating them like a normal melee weapon that can parry a 2h hammer somehow is what would open up the door for them to do the kind of damage they should deal in an ambush or be swapped as fast as they should be able to in a harasser build without being overpowered.

Interesting ideas. I'm really excited for poisoning if it ever gets added.

I would support your changes to daggers if I can get a weakspot piercing sword that replaces current dagger use, lol.

Tashka

Dec 4, 2021

Really, why? I'd like to main daggers. But each time i go back to swords after like a few days.