Outlaw Spawns

TheNomadMan

Dec 15, 2021
The random outlaw thing has become fustrating enough that I've decided I'll not be playing this game, for the time being.
I'll check back in a couple months to see if this is still a feature SV feels their game needs.

TheNomadMan

Dec 15, 2021
Since I'm leaving negitive feedback, with no intention of playing more, anway... I might as mention that, after putting in over 100 hours each, on a couple of characters, just to get an idea of that build's "feel": I say it's totally bunk that if I want to try out another race-build, I have to either throw away all my time (reroll) or give SV more money for another account.

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I like the outlaw spawns. In the last few weeks it's actually the only thing I did in mortal. Logged in, run a parcel between Bakti and MohKi and checked the usuall outlaw spawns.

TheNomadMan

Dec 15, 2021
It's not the 'usual' spawns I take issue with. Known spawn points and pathing, even if ranomized within limits, make sense to me.
Having RNG spawns that target one's character specifically, regardless of where one is... that I do find fustrating.

And; having tried out a couple of different builds: I'll add, too, that this disrupts some play-styles more than others.

Last edited:

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I agree on both points. Outlaws spawn are aids if you dint have a horse. The fact that they spawn pretty much on you (cant avoid them) and chase you forever is retarded. On top if that there are usually 5 of them and even casters and bowmen. It just feels like a greefing mechanic implemented by the devs.

Also race change should be a paid for service, where for 5$ you can keep all your skills and inventory and name and just change your race to try a different build.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Its like Henrik tries his hardest to ruin any kind of fun pvp with his trash pve AI.

Cant go to player villages because u get guild guard spammed, cant pvp in open world because fking outlaws interrupt the fight, next we gonna have guards all over npc cities so you cant get pvp there either...

TheNomadMan

Dec 15, 2021
At no point has anyone here mentioned being unable to PvE. No one has said that the outlaw spawns are tuned too high or that the player characters are insufficent to meet the challenge. This is not the discussion at hand. And; straw-man attacks do not further discussion.

Edit: This post was made in response to a straw-man attack that has since been deleted.

Last edited:
Reactions: Malmsteen

TheNomadMan

Dec 15, 2021
To clarify: Mortal Online 2 is sold as a pvp sandbox. This is a wonderful thing... or it would be were it true.
However, having NPC spawns that target and hunt your character as an RNG mechanic does not a sandbox make.
This limits play-styles to only the builds made to deal with relentless NPC ambushes and makes the game "Kill Outlaws Online".
In a sandbox, I should be able to choose whether or not I wish to go kill NPC outlaws today.
The current mechanics take away choice, limit vartiety of experiance, and discourage the full range of potential character builds.

Last edited:
Reactions: Locke

TheSushiGod

May 6, 2023
I think the stupidest thing about outlaw spawns is they straight up kill you if you're butt naked. So much for, "realism."

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Also race change should be a paid for service, where for 5$ you can keep all your skills and inventory and name and just change your race to try a different build.

This has been possible in MO1 for 9$. Hopefully SV will implement this again.

TheSushiGod

May 6, 2023
I think that would be a non-game breaking value-add for the game and hopefully bring a bit of $$ to the devs to fix some of the annoying bugs.