Ohgmir are the Lighest Clade in The Game

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
This is important because Henrik says that lighter weight builds will have advantages when mounted and be more easily able to play light cav builds.

Currently, weight seems to be entirely a function of fatness/height. This isn't ENTIRELY confirmed but it is confirmed thanks to some info from Mundzuk of Khans that they are the lighter than both Alvarin and Khurites/Sarduucans.

These are THEE strongest race (in this case I mean they have the highest strength cap, not strength in terms of balance though they are quite good) in the game and incredibly tanky. It would make sense to give them a racial penalty for weight both in terms of balance and... look at their character models.

Last edited:
Reactions: BleckCat and Yerlan

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Henrik said they could use other mounts. Not sure if it's always an advantage:

"There will be limits yes, eventually you may be to heavy/large for a mount, or simply to short and not be effective to control a very large mount."

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Weight is calculated by size with a multiplier of your body stature. This is basically confirmed as it's always been that way and as far as can be perceived hasn't changed in MO2.

So yes, the ones that have the lowest size ranges can achieve the lowest weight and the highest size ranges the highest weight potential.

Armor or equipment in general will also play a role.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Weight is calculated by size with a multiplier of your body stature. This is basically confirmed as it's always been that way and as far as can be perceived hasn't changed in MO2.

So yes, the ones that have the lowest size ranges can achieve the lowest weight and the highest size ranges the highest weight potential.

Armor or equipment in general will also play a role.

Yes this seems to be how it is. But is it how it SHOULD be? Henrik directly addressed my concern Khurites are trash mounted builds vs Kallards by saying that lighter builds will have advantages when it comes to mounted combat.

This seems to entirely implode the moment you realize one of the top races people have been considering for mounted combat purely because of stat caps, is also the lightest in the game.

If we assume heavy mounted builds will be just as good as light builds, well then it seems rather foolish to imply being lighter is in any way an advantage for Khurites in terms of living up to the famed horsemanship the lore of the game ascribes to them.

I suppose we'll see how it plays out very soon. But right now Khurites seem even more trash on mounts than they are on foot. And they're pretty bad on foot when you consider stout Ohgmir footfighters have like 415 movement, max speed alvarins 444, and dex is the ONLY thing they have going for them over the higher attribute pool Kallards. I'm convinced the only reason anyone runs them currently is they don't understand just how badly dex was nerfed. Ignorance and style preference are the only reasons to pick one over a full Kallard as a footfighter. And they are not good mages / have too low of attribute cap to be worth considering even as a mixer for hybrids.

Last edited:

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
He didn't necessarily say they have advantages if they weight less. He mostly said you'll need to find a fitting mount for your size whether it be small or big.
It all comes down to what they do with it and how they balance it.

Could be bigger means more sturdy and smaller means faster, and in between could be a "balanced" mix of both.
For all we know it could all come down to just the sizes of the mount. I'd think it would actually be interesting to have different sized mounts of similar stats and you can't just get any but have to find the right fit.

He also said potentially the smallest characters could ride things like dire wolves etc. So it's not just about comparing the attributes of traditional mounts but also just looking at variety that may give smaller or bigger characters advantages and disadvantages.

And who knows, maybe they expand the breeding system to be more dynamic so you can try to optimize mounts and their attributes for different sizes.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
1615957927683.png

This seems an incredibly bad response if Ohgmir and Veela are both going to be better light cav. I suppose we'll see what happens come mounted combat release but my hopes are not high. Right now Khurite seem distinctly trash. They should at minimum have the same attribute pool as Sidoians given how bad their caps are for... literally everything.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
He's really only talking about Khurite compared to heavier setups, there is nothing in what he says about lighter setups in general.
It would of course be ridiculous if lighter characters had all the advantages with mounts and no disadvantages. So I highly doubt that is the case. But hey, you never know with SV. :p

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
When he says "making khurites very strong on many mount types", I hope he realized a 123 strength ohgmir is lighter. Because I don't see how you could possibly say that makes them "very strong" on anything when there are WAY better options both lighter and heavier.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
I doubt "strong" was meant to have anything to do with the attribute strength in that context.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I am not implying so either. I'm stating Ohgmir objectively amazing at mounted archer and fatmage and rather solid at mounted melee as well, and that Khurites are objectively bad to terrible at all these things unless we're missing some HUGE pieces of the picture that will fall into place with this next patch.

This is BEFORE considering weight.

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Well, the strength of a mount in MO came down to multiple factors, its max speed, how much stamina it drains, how fast its sprint is and how long it can hold that "sprint", its sturdiness, its strength for carrying more and other factors. There was never really the one best mount for everything, general balance issues aside.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Balance factors entirely aside. Ohgmir cav should look like this:

1615959172359.png

Not this:

iu

Reactions: Konrad

Necromantic

Jun 9, 2020
Well, Oghmir aren't big and morbidly obese like that guy.

Molva Beasts are just one of the mounts originating from Nordveld, the Kallard and Blainn homeland, doesn't mean it's any restriction to them. Not to mention that Huergar and the entire Oghmir ancestry comes from Myrland.

Also when quoting Henrik keep in mind you are mostly quoting hyperbole, not necessarily actionable in-game effects.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I think Khurites are receiving some of the same treatment as Thursars in MO2. They were both ubiquitous in MO1 and I think SV wanted to be sure that it wasn't the case in MO2.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I'm thinking of Khurites get no love in mounted patch I'm just going to start a thread called "A Daily Reminder Khurites Are the Worse Race in The Game" where people come to me and submit their crappy builds with Khurite in them, and I make them better by removing the Khurite. I am 100% confident I can do this for any build with any level of Khurite if you aren't assigning WAY too much value to dex.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I'm thinking of Khurites get no love in mounted patch I'm just going to start a thread called "A Daily Reminder Khurites Are the Worse Race in The Game" where people come to me and submit their crappy builds with Khurite in them, and I make them better by removing the Khurite. I am 100% confident I can do this for any build with any level of Khurite if you aren't assigning WAY too much value to dex.
Wouldn't it be the same for Thursar? Minus the dex argument.

About Dex, I don't think that we know yet what it's impact will be in the game once it's live. Current conditions are too "unrealistic."

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Thursar have most of the their clade gifts dramatically underperforming with the promise they will be fixed soon. So jury is out on them. If that health steal gift and their health regen gift get turned up quite a bit it could make them a very powerful race.

Though I guess Thur/Sard and Thur/Sid always going to be absolutely terrible without race-specific bonuses, but I'm slightly less concerned about that given all Thursars look the same.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
I agree and disagree with some of this. Khurites need an objective strength like the other clades and need some help, I think the answer might be giving high dex some benefit on a mount either better handling or start stop or stamina or pet points...something like that that isn't an attribute cap adjustment or more pt allocation, not because they don't need it but because khurites won't gain much from 10-20 more pts in psyche or int imo. It'd give them another role as hybrid however, but that's not the issue were really talking about, so it won't fix that.

What I disagree with is the hyperbolic nature of calling them trash, they have good stats and good caps, and you wouldn't be "gimped" playing one. They're just not the best at any one thing, and actually pretty well rounded physically, but you're not losing a fight because you're khurite, you know what I mean?

So I just think they need something they're best at and they'd be cool.

Reactions: Eldrath