Oghmir vs Veela for Archer build

Tifached

Oct 8, 2021
As everyone knows, Veela can get to 113 STR bows with the clades. Oghmirs can get to 123 STR. My question is...are those 10 levels in strength, and higher CON, worth the ~20-30 loss in movement speed? I play mainly solo and sometimes with a few friends, so being able to run is important if I'm outmatched...but lately when I run into trouble, my 444 combat speed hasn't been seeming very effective as I've been murdered on every encounter.

TLDR: For a mainly solo foot/mounted archer, is oghmirs higher str and con going to outclass veelas maneuverability?

Piet

May 28, 2020
You simply can't be foot only archer imo. There's no reason not to get some melee in addition. However to answer your question I would say either one could work and both have their strengths and weaknesses. I would truely say it's preference.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Oghmirs - mount, veela - foot.
Oghmir - mount, Veela - mount.

Veela on foot vs a mount is a death sentence, even a 10 dex character on a jotun. Veela speed is not that great so I dont see why you'd say this?

Veela on a mount though. Woo wee, tighter turning circle makes MA kiting a better experience. Dont relegate any character to be a exclusive foot character, that is some stupid pleb RPK nonsense from MO1. If you want to spend 1-2+ hours literally going anywhere, go ahead.

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
Alvarin are currently OP in all 1v1 encounters, so yes, you will be outmatched if you go up against one that is even mildly competent.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
What most people fail to understnd is that the extra dex of vheela does not let you burn away from your enemies. Even using the clades, it still takes a good 10 seconds before you see yourself pulling ahead.
in the mean time your enemy is hitting you over the head and getting you well below half hp ( which in turn makes use more stam).

if you are going to run, you have to do it well before they get within melee distance.
Once they are on top of you, running away is not an option. The extra dex just isnt enough of a difference.

Reactions: Najwalaylah