Noticing a trend

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
My thought as someone who played MO1 for years, is that once you have played for a while, MO's pve experience is so weak. Ride in circles on your MA killing mobs, ride to town, repeat. The crafting system is cool to learn but you dont get a lot of content out of it, you just make gear. You cant just spend hours crafting. So other games do a much better job at being a fun PVE game than MO. If I wanted to farm, grind a character, etc, I'd go play any other mmo.

The 1 place MO shines is its open pvp with looting. Which is why most vets and streamers are here for the pvp. The issue is SV doesnt want the pvp to be good or even happen most of the time. Which is heavily contributing to the game being boring, and people leaving.

I think the crafting could be better if they added more junk drops to be polished. Shoot if we're gonna do trinkets, we might as well have sockets, too! Nah, but trust me soph cooking was interesting. I'm sure alchemy is pretty interesting. Breeding was interesting. IT wasn't like super advanced, but it took a sec to figure out.

But yea I like the open world, that's where it shines, IMO, even without pvp, but it's just once things start happening that don't involve players (or sometimes things that do) that really break immersion.

I was tellin my boy I already feel kinda bored of MO, but I haven't killed anyone yet haha. Everyone is being nice. I only got in one fight so far. I even saw like 8 legion in the jungle and they didn't fight me.

alabugin

Apr 10, 2022
The fact that you state their track record and their supposed over a decade of not listening. You still continue to be here. As if now they are all of a sudden going to wake up? You're literally playing a failing game in your eyes for thousands of hours. Why? Why, when you are telling me you know nothing will change. Wild philosophy.

Because he might be...wait for it...having fun!

Dazin

Jan 29, 2022
Because he might be...wait for it...having fun!

I know right.To summarize most of the posters here……SV sucks, Herick sucks, MO2 sucks, new players suck (they only like the game cause they are new) , MO1 sucked, and they are the only ones that don’t suck because they have been here a decade giving brilliant advice that has fallen on deaf ears. Please.

That’s why mostly it’s an echo chamber here of a select few because most other players or new players simply don’t care about MO1 and for those that didn’t like MO2 most actually move on and play others games or do something else with their time besides living on a forum.
I always get a good laugh though at the egos and entitlement that exists here and the grandstanding in thinking new players know nothing while in reality new players overall gaming experience may far outweigh their own. Anyone that has put in 300-500 hours in MO2 should have a good sense of the game’s pros and cons at that point and know if the game is for them or not.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I know right.To summarize most of the posters here……SV sucks, Herick sucks, MO2 sucks, new players suck (they only like the game cause they are new) , MO1 sucked, and they are the only ones that don’t suck because they have been here a decade giving brilliant advice that has fallen on deaf ears. Please.

That’s why mostly it’s an echo chamber here of a select few because most other players or new players simply don’t care about MO1 and for those that didn’t like MO2 most actually move on and play others games or do something else with their time besides living on a forum.
I always get a good laugh though at the egos and entitlement that exists here and the grandstanding in thinking new players know nothing while in reality new players overall gaming experience may far outweigh their own. Anyone that has put in 300-500 hours in MO2 should have a good sense of the game’s pros and cons at that point and know if the game is for them or not.

yabut, what about the persistent release and more content? It's been longer than you think.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

It doesn't really matter if you are a noob or not in terms of having a basic understanding of the game. You don't have to feel bad if you didn't play MO1, it wasn't a big deal, just more or less fun.
Say something we don't know, theres a few new players in this forum that have really good on spot feedback and suggestions, being noob is not bad, it's great for the game. What's not great for the game is being a stoopid ass fanboi or a generic steam teenager clone suggesting UO mechanics, monthly wipes or stronger criminal punishments, some even want a pve version of the game or toggle PVP and remove non consensual fighting or pretend any debate is futile just because it scapes your understanding of the problematics. I mean i could put you all in the same bag of derelict peasents but it wouldnt really be fair, for the bag.

Dazin

Jan 29, 2022
Most new players probably don’t bother posting here after seeing all the rage filled posts constantly being put up. Fanboi’s are not good for any game I agree but I think MO2 isn’t suffering from that issue much at the moment lol. That being said if you think all the vitriolic posts you and others constantly spew is any better for the game, you are delusional.
Its funny some of you talk about what is or isn’t “great” for the game when the simple truth is you stopped caring about the game a long time ago and that‘s blatantly obvious for anyone else reading through the posts here.
With that, I think I’ve hit my personal post limit for this month so enjoy and I’ll be sure to skim over all the “everyone sucks but me” posts that follow.