No Thievery on Release?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Source: https://www.mortalonline2.com/beta/#roadmap

I was just looking at the updated roadmap which lays out the development plans for the next 3 months leading up to release.

Thievery was previously in the Under Development section, however in the updated roadmap it is nowhere to be seen.

I'm guessing that thievery has been put on hold while SV focuses on getting the game ready for launch. But seeing it disappear from the roadmap is a little unsettling considering it is one of the core features (in my mind at least) of what Mortal Online is.

Perhaps SV could provide an update on what is happening with thievery in its development side of things?

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Guess next magic school also got canned.
If they focus on the damn AI then it'll be fine, its literally one of the things that piss me off the most. AI aggro and how the AI play by different rules.
DOUBLE ENTENDRE CRITICAL HIT

Reactions: Najwalaylah

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
SOPHISTICATION???

They need a rogue set... climbing, pickin', stealin'. You know thievery is in the game or will be eventually. If them taking it out of the roadmap means anything, I'd say it means they are trying to decide what they can do in that time frame, not removing something like that which is a core feature.
If they are going to build climbing, sneaking and all the rest of the cool features we've been asking since years ago back in MO1, I'd be happy for them to take their time to make the best thievery system in the entire video game industry.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Outside of Keeps and houses they need to focus on the game balance. Games balance is in dire straights and will be a huge reason for what ever pop drop after the first or 2nd month.

On discord Henrik said that thievery will be after launch now.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
Guess next magic school also got canned.
Yeah, as recently as Oct 7, 202, @Henrik Nyström said-- in the stream that's summarised in @Speznat's video guide, at someonewhere around 04:03
<<Necromancy
"...will be the next school" (of Magic)-->>
for what that is worth, even if it is no longer in a previous place it had on the Road Map.

Not so much trash-canned, as put back in its crypit until it's ready to stalk the living. ;)

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
I hope they have the skills in the tree, at least. So we can be sure of where the primaries will be.

I'd love to see any more primaries in pet equip too while we're at it :p

Angelo

May 28, 2020
https://t.me/pump_upp
t.me
I guess they pushed thievery back on the roadmap, because of housing and fishing ( cant wait to throw my bait). Also I think that thievery will be first big implementation that SV will work on after release.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I am looking forward to lockpicking again for sure!

The roleplaying and game tools has fallen off as well. I hope that some of that could be part of surprises though. But not holding my breath.

Shame really that such things will not be able to be showcased in early reviews and such.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
Shame really that such things will not be able to be showcased in early reviews and such.
Yes, a shame, and could be the beginning of a delay spiral-- roleplaying & game tools being "B" and "A" being almost anything else. If there's any dissatisfaction with "A" at the time of early reviews, then Star Vault may feel compelled to show further progress / tweaking / polishing only on A while "B" introduction & progress will provoke howls of rage & disappointment with the process, and thus get pushed back farther.

Reactions: Amadman

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Yes, a shame, and could be the beginning of a delay spiral-- roleplaying & game tools being "B" and "A" being almost anything else. If there's any dissatisfaction with "A" at the time of early reviews, then Star Vault may feel compelled to show further progress / tweaking / polishing only on A while "B" introduction & progress will provoke howls of rage & disappointment with the process, and thus get pushed back farther.
Right!
Also many players that would enjoy "B" will not stick around so "A" players will make up more of the future player base voice. One could even argue that it happened the first time around.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
i do want lockpicking to come back ,also thieving etc , just hope they will rework the lockpicking system ( cling cling cling rhaaaaa !!!! ) and purple flag ; but here i just read about climbing , that made me wet a little ^^"

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Im fine with no thievery on release but a lot of other people are pretty pissed. SV doesn't have the man power to get it into game soon enough and cant delay the game for it.

The main thing I want SV to get from this post is that they are getting more and more pissed that time is being spent on pubic hair or hair then the gameplay even tho those people are artist. I tell those people, that those are artist they cant do X, Y, and Z and there response is that SV should spend that money on people who can make the game better instead of hair.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
Those peopole who are not listening to @Henrik Nyström stream on Twitch, nor are they catching @Speznat stream summaries
there response is that SV should spend that money on people who can make the game better
.... probably haven't caught on to the fact that
Star Vault have hired one new Coder and one new FX Artist.
(find it at timestamp 7:14 in the video).

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Those peopole who are not listening to @Henrik Nyström stream on Twitch, nor are they catching @Speznat stream summaries
.... probably haven't caught on to the fact that
Star Vault have hired one new Coder and one new FX Artist.
(find it at timestamp 7:14 in the video).
I know that hired a new coder, but the issue is that people (not me) are pissed that they are making pubic hair instead of fixing the game. I think artist are important but the argument is that they are spending money on artist that people want instead to be spent on people who can make the game better.

I see their point.