Next stress test in September

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
On August, 12th, Henrik announced in Discord another stress test for September: Final stress test will start beginning of September, more details soon, EA of MO2 is scheduled for 26th of October.

I'm a little bit surprised about the missing discussion here in the forum about the stress test.

Personally I hope to start the stress test with a wipe. The road map tells about "improved Haven" with the patch planned for end of August. I would like to see as many players as possible starting in Haven like we had with the first stress test. If everybody would play with already skilled characters somewhere in Myrland, the only stress would be the number of players playing at the same time. But not the number of players running around in the same area.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
personally i think it shows a bit of hubris, to have a release date but they havent even conducted the 'final' stress test nor even provided a date for said test. their timelines show a distinct lack of logic... i hope seb et al have really worked the bugs out this time

-barcode

Rhias

May 28, 2020
I think PR is is a big part of the final stress test. Last stress test a lot of people joined, even through the hassle to get a key.
This stress test you won't even need a key.
A lot of MMO-news-pages will release an arcticle of about the stress test.

Regarding the wipe topic... I think Henrik said they're not planning for any wipes before persistent.

Zbuciorn

Jun 3, 2020
Personally I hope to start the stress test with a wipe.
At this point when release date is set all guilds can start seriously recruit new players and it will be easier to introduce them to MO2 world if we veterans can provide them with equipment and spend time training new warriors instead focusing on rebuilding our characters.

undeadfred

Aug 18, 2021
seing the lack or so many things , october seem so soon ...

Agreed.
What ultimately scares me isn't what's not there, but what is there. We have the base system, but it needs to be polished up and presented better.
You only get one first impression, let's not squander it. Once you hit the steam store and start charging, early access or not, people are going to judge you as a released game.

Reactions: Kokolo and Ulysses

Banespike

Apr 14, 2021
At this point when release date is set all guilds can start seriously recruit new players and it will be easier to introduce them to MO2 world if we veterans can provide them with equipment and spend time training new warriors instead focusing on rebuilding our characters.
It would be a real stress test to see everyone starting fresh, for me it takes like a few hours to setup a new char. sure if you farmed a tons of mats/ cronite / steel or something else it hurts a bit, but it will be lost anyway if persi starts.
They should decide on what’s better for the game at persi launch. Wipe now or not. I don’t care tbh

Reactions: Xunila

Kokolo

May 3, 2021
Wipe or no wipe is both fine by me. Both have their benefits. I do share the concern of the polish for persistence. I hope September will introduce more bug fixes and polish. I still fall through some spots in Tindrem for example.

Bladeer01

Aug 1, 2021
Wipe or no wipe is both fine by me. Both have their benefits. I do share the concern of the polish for persistence. I hope September will introduce more bug fixes and polish. I still fall through some spots in Tindrem for example.
frankly ; i'd like to make a post with all know bug and thing not working like it should ; but i feel like it will transform into a whining contest et it will be pointless anyway