Next Festival/Tournament rule/gear restriction discussion

Amelia

Jun 6, 2020
I dont read all the posts so idk If already written.
What about an "come as you are " event ? Disputed Is some area like tindrem Arena or gaul khur?

foe

Oct 26, 2021
Can you get into more detail as to why molarium should be the cap for armour?
Again, I dont mind supplying anyone steel armour (orwhatever) if the economical difference is the worry
I'd say molarium for the sliders, its not super weak but its not super strong either. Should allow for acceptable time lengthed fights.

Reactions: Moored

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
I dont read all the posts so idk If already written.
What about an "come as you are " event ? Disputed Is some area like tindrem Arena or gaul khur?
The point is to cap the gear. It's a "skilled" event. If everybody is on an even playground then it displays skill and not gear. Since, we're on the topic of skill frames matter. I personally think tind is one of the worst places to host a tournament, because the frames are absolutely atrocious. The best frames are in GK, so in my opinion it should be held in GK. GK has a playground and actually provides a ground for kiting within certain restriction of where you can and can't go.

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
The point is to cap the gear. It's a "skilled" event. If everybody is on an even playground then it displays skill and not gear. Since, we're on the topic of skill frames matter. I personally think tind is one of the worst places to host a tournament, because the frames are absolutely atrocious. The best frames are in GK, so in my opinion it should be held in GK. GK has a playground and actually provides a ground for kiting within certain restriction of where you can and can't go.
The tournament wasn't held in Tindrem. It was in a stronghold. There was like 50 people there and the frames were great

Tzone

May 16, 2021
tindrem arena would be nice because that is what the arena is for xD
TInd arena is very badly optimized. You get stutters a lot on one side of the arena and the other has poor frames.
Henrik doesnt realize that high frame rates matter for this game.
Also the center of the arena barely renders to the front row too. You dont see any swings or animations from the side line.

For Sure

Jun 25, 2021
The tournament wasn't held in Tindrem. It was in a stronghold. There was like 50 people there and the frames were great
Frames were dookie the kid streaming it had 20. So I mean give and take. That place was also a terrible location.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah your going to have issues with frames if theres 50 people. 60 stable frames would be the minimum and even then 120 frames is what you want to shoot for.

Not everyone has 3090s to get a chopy 50 fps on ultra at 1080.

Game does suffer from some performance issues as it is still being heavily developed.

Moored

Mar 24, 2021
TInd arena is very badly optimized. You get stutters a lot on one side of the arena and the other has poor frames.
Henrik doesnt realize that high frame rates matter for this game.
Also the center of the arena barely renders to the front row too. You dont see any swings or animations from the side line.
They need to add
Frames were dookie the kid streaming it had 20. So I mean give and take. That place was also a terrible location.
Nah I vote we continue doing it there. Until they fix arena in tindrem. It is currently shyte.

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
tindrem arena would be nice because that is what the arena is for xD
I wish they would fix the arena so we could actually use it....
the lag line right int he middle of it is just horrible

besides all the other EXTREME performance issues tindrem has -.-

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
Also gonna open a new thread soon to vote on gear restrictions.
So far I think everyone agreed on steel max for weapons.

Armour is a hot topic though and prolly needs this vote.
To make sure, I dont miss a voting option, let me write what I saw in this thread down here first (hope I ddnt miss anyone):

Molarium/Silk Tindremic Knight, handed out by Events, sliders can be chosen to personal prefference
Molarium/FullGrain Tindremic Knight, handed out by Events, sliders can be chosen to personal prefference
Heavy Carapace/Silk Tindremic Knight, handed out by Events, sliders can be chosen to personal prefference
Ironbone/Fullgrain Mercenary Plate, handed out by Events, sliders can be chosen to personal prefference
Anything but Steel, Messing, Tind Messing, Bron, Cronite, Tungsteel, Grain Steel for armour. Anything else allowed. Any armour within these parameters can be chosen to be supplied by Events.
Steel armour max, you can bring your own, but can also request a set of your liking from Events (for free)
No restrictions on gear (as has been last 3 tournaments)

Last edited:

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
Also gonna open a new thread soon to vote on gear restrictions.
So far I think everyone agreed on steel max for weapons.

Armour is a hot topic though and prolly needs this vote.
To make sure, I dont miss a voting option, let me write what I saw in this thread down here first (hope I ddnt miss anyone):

Molarium/Silk Tindremic Knight, handed out by Events, sliders can be chosen to personal prefference
Molarium/FullGrain Tindremic Knight, handed out by Events, sliders can be chosen to personal prefference
Heavy Carapace/Silk Tindremic Knight, handed out by Events, sliders can be chosen to personal prefference
Ironbone/Fullgrain Mercenary Plate, handed out by Events, sliders can be chosen to personal prefference
Anything but Steel, Messing, Tind Messing, Bron, Cronite, Tungsteel, Grain Steel for armour. Anything else allowed. Any armour within these parameters can be chosen to be supplied by Events.
Steel armour max, you can bring your own, but can also request a set of your liking from Events (for free)
No restrictions on gear (as has been last 3 tournaments)
If noone has to add anything to this list, will post a vote on it tomorrow!

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Diocles

Aug 22, 2021
Western Merika
If noone has to add anything to this list, will post a vote on it tomorrow!

Yeah, Mega changed my mind with his long post on this. Heavy foot fighters should be able to wear heavy armor. Steel cap for armor and weps. Bring your own or have them made.

On the topic of clade gifts, however, I heard no good argument against allowing all clade gifts. It isn't your job to balance the game, you are just hosting an event. Guess what, if only Thursars are competitive in the tournament, then that will be a pretty clear message that maybe some tuning is needed. You know Henrik will be watching or will watch the posted video of this event.

Most of your duels last tourney finished in less than 2 minutes. Clade gifts were not the deciding factor, skill was in most and gear and potions carried a sure loser who heavily out-geared his opponent to victory in another.

On that note, I haven't seen it stated. You should have contestants drop loot and prove they do not have potions. Ogh should be allowed to use pipes however, as well as any class should be allowed to use bandages. This is because these healing methods are not instant and require you putting yourself in pretty immediate danger to use. If timed correctly with an opponents stamming out, though, could be quite a turnaround. Just my two cents on this.

Performance was outstanding in the stronghold. I think anyone having issues just has shyte hardware and they need to turn down their settings. Maybe I was just having some sort of sound glitch, but all the horses made me hear nothing but horses even at the top of the stronghold though.

But the SH acting as a strikable target for combos is a problem. Maybe host this one in Kranesh? That seems like a good option. I am sure there is a good spot for the duel that has a viewing platform.

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
Just a reminder to vote on armour restrictions:

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
Yeah, Mega changed my mind with his long post on this. Heavy foot fighters should be able to wear heavy armor. Steel cap for armor and weps. Bring your own or have them made.

On the topic of clade gifts, however, I heard no good argument against allowing all clade gifts. It isn't your job to balance the game, you are just hosting an event. Guess what, if only Thursars are competitive in the tournament, then that will be a pretty clear message that maybe some tuning is needed. You know Henrik will be watching or will watch the posted video of this event.

Most of your duels last tourney finished in less than 2 minutes. Clade gifts were not the deciding factor, skill was in most and gear and potions carried a sure loser who heavily out-geared his opponent to victory in another.

On that note, I haven't seen it stated. You should have contestants drop loot and prove they do not have potions. Ogh should be allowed to use pipes however, as well as any class should be allowed to use bandages. This is because these healing methods are not instant and require you putting yourself in pretty immediate danger to use. If timed correctly with an opponents stamming out, though, could be quite a turnaround. Just my two cents on this.

Performance was outstanding in the stronghold. I think anyone having issues just has shyte hardware and they need to turn down their settings. Maybe I was just having some sort of sound glitch, but all the horses made me hear nothing but horses even at the top of the stronghold though.

But the SH acting as a strikable target for combos is a problem. Maybe host this one in Kranesh? That seems like a good option. I am sure there is a good spot for the duel that has a viewing platform.

Maybe we should do another vote on clades? :D

Next time will be no healing at all in general. Will safe time compared to making them /droploot etc.
And you can see quit clearly when someone is using a potion ^^

Kranesh is a nice idea, but I am not sure if possible at all. the locals are... unruly.
It takes a lot of effort and time to organize these events before hand. I need to transport resources to the place of competition for example.
I will not be able to reliably transport a lot of stuff into Kranesh days before the Event. Would be easier for me to do so in GK lol So sry, but Kranesh/GK will most likely never be a thing for competitions, due to the locals ruining it for themselves (which is fine) :D
Only thing one could maybe do there is a very low cost competition with no prizes. Maybe a BoneTissue fight or something... And even then would take quite a few pigs to be slaughtered days before hand. And prolly cant even do that naked in Kran without getting priest camped LOL

Diocles

Aug 22, 2021
Western Merika
Maybe we should do another vote on clades? :D

Next time will be no healing at all in general. Will safe time compared to making them /droploot etc.
And you can see quit clearly when someone is using a potion ^^

Kranesh is a nice idea, but I am not sure if possible at all. the locals are... unruly.
It takes a lot of effort and time to organize these events before hand. I need to transport resources to the place of competition for example.
I will not be able to reliably transport a lot of stuff into Kranesh days before the Event. Would be easier for me to do so in GK lol So sry, but Kranesh/GK will most likely never be a thing for competitions, due to the locals ruining it for themselves (which is fine) :D
Only thing one could maybe do there is a very low cost competition with no prizes. Maybe a BoneTissue fight or something... And even then would take quite a few pigs to be slaughtered days before hand. And prolly cant even do that naked in Kran without getting priest camped LOL

That sucks, but with the force that showed up to your last tourney I would think they could make short work of a resistance force haha. Step one, cleanse the city of kranesh, step two atart tournament lol. But yeah that is an annoyance. Maybe the political approach would work. Is it a specific guild? Promise payment if the tournament is not harassed by the locals. I don't, seems like a few options on the table.

Yeah I think you shouldn't do a vote on clades. You should just make that call yourself. Lots of of vocal people against the clade thing because they aren't Thursar. At the end of the day, thursars should be pretty damn strong as foot fighters. They make sacrifices in other places for that. Sort of the same argument as heavy armor builds vs light armor builds. I say let it ride and let the cards fall as they may. If you get nothing but thursars winning Henrik will take note. But like I said before, duels lasted 1-2 minutes. Thursar passive heals for how much over a minute? If you are facing a Thursar opponent l, you have to take that into account. Same as you do your opponents speed, strength, armor etc.

Reactions: Suttner and Moored