NEW TYPES OF ARROWS! 🏹

MK Player

Feb 28, 2024
Hello friends of the forum, I'm here because I would like to give a suggestion about mechanics for the game that could be a lot of fun...
Arrow craft with special effects(They are all crafted at the bow crafting bench).

Fire Arrow= (craft 100BroadheadArrow+100Coal = 100 Fire Arrow). Causes a burning effect (5 damage(Ajusted❗) for tick on the target every second for 3 seconds. The fire effect is not caused if the target is Drenched.
Book Sold in Bakti.

Poison Arrow= (craft 100Bodkin Arrows+25Aabam = 100 Poison arrow). Causes poisoning of the target, dealing 2 damage(Ajusted❗) every 2 seconds for 14 seconds (the effect can stack up to 3x = 6 Damage!, successive hits renew the duration.). Effect can be removed by Antidote item crafted from Alchemy.
Book Sold in Morin Khur.

Longbow Sharp Arrow= (craft 100 Longbow Arrows+50Jadeite = 100 Longbow Sharp Arrow). Hits cause the target to bleed, dealing 8 damage(Ajusted❗) per second for 5 seconds. (bleeding condition drastically reduced by piercing defense!)
Book sold in Meduli.

What did you think of the idea? Have a good game!

Last edited:

Sally

Dec 2, 2023
Hello friends of the forum, I'm here because I would like to give a suggestion about mechanics for the game that could be a lot of fun...
Arrow craft with special effects(They are all crafted at the bow crafting bench).

Fire Arrow= (craft 100BroadheadArrow+100Coal = 100 Fire Arrow). Causes a burning effect (7 damage for tick) on the target every second for 3 seconds. The fire effect is not caused if the target is Drenched.
Book Sold in Bakti.

Poison Arrow= (craft 100Bodkin Arrows+25Aabam = 100 Poison arrow). Causes poisoning of the target, dealing 2 damage per second for 15 seconds (the effect can stack up to 3x = 6 Damage!, successive hits renew the duration.). Effect can be removed by Antidote item crafted from Alchemy.
Book Sold in Morin Khur.

Longbow Sharp Arrow= (craft 100 Longbow Arrows+50Jadeite = 100 Longbow Sharp Arrow). Hits cause the target to bleed, dealing 7 damage per second for 5 seconds.
Book sold in Meduli.

What did you think of the idea? Have a good game!
Need an anti-heal arrow BADLY.

I think the poison arrow should be the same as corrupt. Hit them with poison, stop their healing.

People hate this next idea i'm going to suggest,but, with a cooldown it would be an excellent strategy.. I also think if they add archery abilities, there needs to be a slow or root ability on a cooldown long enough so that it doesn't make archery broken.

A knock ability.. Like an exploding arrow or something, you shoot it on a surface and it knocks people back, or off a nearby cliff etc. I like the idea of making arrow multi purpose in terms of their utility.

A knock arrow could not only act as a slowing measure by knocking the opponent further away, but in the right circumstances can be used as a tool for killing with gravity. I bet people would hate that idea, but again, tie it to a fair cooldown and there is no issue. It is nothing mages don't already have.

Some way of stopping heals and keeping distance is what an archer needs. Or some way of making their arrows move faster, because anywhere outside of close range you can literally sidestep the arrows visibly.

Maybe archers could get a move that is a hitscan arrow that bypasses armor, similar to what the guards fire.. But obviously, tie it to a cooldown etc.

Rahz

Jul 19, 2022
So one arrow that just does 21more dmg, one that does 30dmg and one that does 35dmg. How would you expect lets say a melee fighter to outdps that? Archers are already very, very strong because of their high dmg. These arrows would make the whole game a cake walk. (which it already is for mounted archers)

MK Player

Feb 28, 2024
So one arrow that just does 21more dmg, one that does 30dmg and one that does 35dmg. How would you expect lets say a melee fighter to outdps that? Archers are already very, very strong because of their high dmg. These arrows would make the whole game a cake walk. (which it already is for mounted archers)
bows are already complementary weapons for melee fighters... if you want to be a pure melee fighter that's your problem!... this buff on bows would make life a little more difficult for mages and not for warriors. hahahaha

And even then pure archers would maintain lower damage than elementalists.

Reactions: Feitor

Feitor

Jan 26, 2023
bows are already complementary weapons for melee fighters... if you want to be a pure melee fighter that's your problem!... this buff on bows would make life a little more difficult for mages and not for warriors. hahahaha

And even then pure archers would maintain lower damage than elementalists.

You're right, almost every warrior makes use of bows, and elementalists have several spells that we can also use to stay free from arrows (Ice Barrier, Water Ward and others... xD These spells contain greater utility.

Last edited:

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Need appropriate counters for non-archers like foot fighters and pure mages I think, or it would unbalance the game. A mounted archer with these kinds of arrows would dominate anyone other than another similarly-equipped archer.

For armoured fighters, maybe add the ability to craft ablative armour pads similar to those found on main battle tanks. Layers that peel off and force away the arrow damage from the wearer. Can only be attached to heavy armour, and each armour piece can have a maximum of 2 pads.

For mages, add a mage armour spell that creates a self-only ablative magic field with a set amount of health points that absorbs only arrow damage. Only works when the mage is wearing minimal armour weight.

The OP's idea itself sounds good, however.

MK Player

Feb 28, 2024
Need appropriate counters for non-archers like foot fighters and pure mages I think, or it would unbalance the game. A mounted archer with these kinds of arrows would dominate anyone other than another similarly-equipped archer.

For armoured fighters, maybe add the ability to craft ablative armour pads similar to those found on main battle tanks. Layers that peel off and force away the arrow damage from the wearer. Can only be attached to heavy armour, and each armour piece can have a maximum of 2 pads.

For mages, add a mage armour spell that creates a self-only ablative magic field with a set amount of health points that absorbs only arrow damage. Only works when the mage is wearing minimal armour weight.

The OP's idea itself sounds good, however.

Your suggestion is very good, but the amount of damage I presented is something to be discussed, I agree that the idea would work better with smaller damages, the question is... What value of damage would be most appropriate?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
Your suggestion is very good, but the amount of damage I presented is something to be discussed, I agree that the idea would work better with smaller damages, the question is... What value of damage would be most appropriate?
I think maybe reduce the base damage to 3/4 of the original value, so for the Fire Arrow it could be 5.25 fire damage. Reason being that if it is treated as magic damage which bypasses armour then it might be a good balance. So you don't get situations where the target is basically dead in 4 or 5 arrow hits.

The exception to this would probably be the Longbow Sharp Arrow which could do the stated base damage, but mitigated by the piercing reduction value of the armour worn.

Last edited:
Reactions: MK Player

MK Player

Feb 28, 2024
I think maybe reduce the base damage to 3/4 of the original value, so for the Fire Arrow it could be 5.25 fire damage. Reason being that if it is treated as magic damage which bypasses armour then it might be a good balance. So you don't get situations where the target is basically dead in 4 or 5 arrow hits.

The exception to this would probably be the Longbow Sharp Arrow which could do the stated base damage, but mitigated by the piercing reduction value of the armour worn.
Lucid! I will edit the new values.

SirTexasSir

Jan 29, 2022
Texas
Feel poison arrows would be something more from jungle camp and have something you need from there. Like certain animal meat or a mushroom/plant found. As some one said poison should just simply act as corruption that can be removed with a potion or spell (purify, Mending Vapor, etc...).

Bodkin arrows should be allow to do Weakspot on all parts of armor, while turn down the Weakspot on Broad vs armor. This will give Bodkin more reason to be used other than to level up your skills.

Fire/Ice Arrows would be nice but should be expensive to be made and need an alchemist to do it. Fire can do continue damage unless put out with spells and ice can do a slow proct.

Also can restrict some arrows to one bow type. Alchemical arrows are only longbow. While Poison is Short bow arrows (bodkin to get it deep).

MK Player

Feb 28, 2024
Feel poison arrows would be something more from jungle camp and have something you need from there. Like certain animal meat or a mushroom/plant found. As some one said poison should just simply act as corruption that can be removed with a potion or spell (purify, Mending Vapor, etc...).

Bodkin arrows should be allow to do Weakspot on all parts of armor, while turn down the Weakspot on Broad vs armor. This will give Bodkin more reason to be used other than to level up your skills.

Fire/Ice Arrows would be nice but should be expensive to be made and need an alchemist to do it. Fire can do continue damage unless put out with spells and ice can do a slow proct.

Also can restrict some arrows to one bow type. Alchemical arrows are only longbow. While Poison is Short bow arrows (bodkin to get it deep).
I agree about the bodkin arrow and the chance of weakspot for the entire body, however fire arrows being made by an alchemist I found it a bit exaggerated... especially since they are only 15 (total) extra damage! and there are countermeasures... Elementalists cause tons of damage, much more harmful burns with simple reagents and no one thinks it's an exaggeration.
It would be interesting for antidotes and antivenom to be made with jungle materials that are not widely used at the moment.

The idea is not to create magic arrows... just medieval projectile engineering.
We don't want to complicate things too much, right?

Last edited: