New Road Map....

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
So judging by the look of the new road map and it is broken down into 6 sprints, with the last two sprints being the "important" ones siege and TC then UE5.

If we use the current rate of production of 1 month per "sprint" we can safely say that we are looking at a minimum of 6 months till siege and 7 to 9 months for UE5. So 2023. So much for UE5 by the end of the year... as said earlier this year.

D

Deleted member 44

It's pretty disappointing to be honest. TC should be the priority first and foremost and it's probably another half a year away. I would really like to know the justification of priorities behind this road map.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
It's pretty disappointing to be honest. TC should be the priority first and foremost and it's probably another half a year away. I would really like to know the justification of priorities behind this road map.

Basically the priorities is, knock out the low hanging fruit first, then as time permits work on a far more complicated system while trying to fix the back end server issues, as time permits.

Instead of.... adding the thing that is a core pillar of the game and should have been at launch or shortly after launch.... But what do I know.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
The latest road map brought on a huge amount of disappointment for me. I was really hoping to see a focus on TC and other major content sooner. The game lacks any meaningful long term content for longevity and player retention. It's just little carrots on the end of a stick to keep some people interested for the short term.

I have a huge feeling the issue is the focus on getting MO2 to UE5 is what has caused development pipeline issues. It's not a seamless or easy transition as documentation makes it out to be, when moving UE4 project to UE5. Have to lay a lot of ground work to make sure code base and other elements transition over with minimal alteration when it comes to it.

So SV is essentially developing the core systems like TC for both UE4 and then laying the ground work for UE5, so it plays nice for EPIC release not long after. Only issue with this is it's delaying needed content and systems development now. It's splitting the smalls teams focus on fleshing out systems for two engines. This also means if they haven't already laid the groundwork for current systems, they'll be doing it now too for the leadup to Epic release.

I would of preferred developing the game with main focus being UE4 and then shifting the focus to UE5 when most major systems were developed and in place. Giving players the tools to keep themselves occupied for long periods, so the team can focus on tackling UE5, while only releasing minor content, hotfix and polish patches while the UE5 stuff goes on.

Reactions: Gnidex

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
They should forget about UE5, its only gonna make the lag worse and raise the specs needed to run 60+ fps. But Heinrik wants the game to look pretty on screenshots...

Reactions: Xunila

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
They should forget about UE5, its only gonna make the lag worse and raise the specs needed to run 60+ fps. But Heinrik wants the game to look pretty on screenshots...

Screenshots sale... as Star Citizen has shown.

Reactions: Gnidex

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
The only explanation I can think of is that they still don't have any idea how they want to implement TC/Siege. They've had 10 years of feedback and still don't know. I'm sure it won't be fully implemented for another year or so. We will more than likely get a placeholder that gives us barebones sieging.

Everything before it is to just keep people mildly interested.

Jybwee

May 28, 2020
Basically the priorities is, knock out the low hanging fruit first, then as time permits work on a far more complicated system while trying to fix the back end server issues, as time permits.

Instead of.... adding the thing that is a core pillar of the game and should have been at launch or shortly after launch.... But what do I know.
I agree with this, but choose to phrase it as-
Prioritize easy things first to free up time for underlying polish and legacy bugs. Because adding a core pillar of the game atm would further complicate the infestation of bugs to squash and in an attempt to learn from prior mistakes they are taking their time to ensure stability before taking more steps. :)
I honestly like that they're not promising huge steps forward so quickly. It sucks, as a yearning fan, but it's also not repeating the same mistakes *edit:hopefully*

Reactions: Bektar and Hodo

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
why aren't we playing mo1 again?
cuz sv conned us on the free sub. i like roadmaps, but when you say tc is right around the corner and its not, its like...

they could add more npcs, house priests, more tables in interim. refining station for house, appliances.

no plans for horse stats, breeding.

mainly its being misled that is bothersome to me. i understand i cant have what i want, but the shifting is gross. also the vagueness. there are many easy project polish things like fixing humans, just data entry, maybe rebalance armor types n animat armor. game is fucky, youd think theyd get the numbers right first then work on content. project polish seems to have come and gone and i dunno what happened heh. i do like that the game loads faster.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
My guess is that due to the Epic grant awarded to them, SV is probably obligated to fast-track the game's transition to UE5. So, it's likely that they don't have a choice.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
cuz sv conned us on the free sub. i like roadmaps, but when you say tc is right around the corner and its not, its like...

they could add more npcs, house priests, more tables in interim. refining station for house, appliances.

no plans for horse stats, breeding.

mainly its being misled that is bothersome to me. i understand i cant have what i want, but the shifting is gross. also the vagueness. there are many easy project polish things like fixing humans, just data entry, maybe rebalance armor types n animat armor. game is fucky, youd think theyd get the numbers right first then work on content. project polish seems to have come and gone and i dunno what happened heh. i do like that the game loads faster.

He didnt specify which corner....

LOL