New player to Mortal Online 2

Splat

Jan 27, 2022
Greetings everyone.
I just bought MO2 today and didn't had the opportunity to play it for a long time but so far i'm having a great time, i'm just at the tutorial/starting area and i was wondering if there are quests in this game or one can just go on it's own journey or are there a few quest that one can turn in for nice rewards?
I have read some people's comments in chat saying that this is like Ultima Online if it was taking place in 2022? I wonder what that means? This will be my first hardcore MMORPG if i can call it that.

I'm also seeing people streaming or even on forums, discord etc stating that after the initial area they have a hard time to join the server that takes them to the main continent, do we know what's going on and do we know if the devs are trying to resolve this issue?

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Devs are working on the issue, the thing they want the most is to allow the most amount of people possible the ability to play the game.

The game isnt really hardcore at all. Its full loot open world but your banks are safe and gear is super easy to make so dying has little loss associated with it.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
If you played Ultima Online you would see the resemblance.
the only quests are delivery ones and they do not pay gold. Only reputation. So technically no quests in game.

if you want updates from devs youll have to join the MO2 discord. best place to find out what is going on with development.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

EternalRage

Sep 1, 2021
Off-topic:

if you want updates from devs youll have to join the MO2 discord. best place to find out what is going on with development.

I honestly think Henrik was/is super stressed out and reading negative shit every day on the forum would be a bummer. Perhaps he's got a few peeps to survey the landscape and bring things to his attention that they deem important enough to do so in real time in discord. Being a CEO/Designer is much different than the usual and I'm starting to understand why his plate - psychologically/emotionally - is, already, a balancing act.

I think forums are like democracy anyhow. An illusion of importance for the player in the system.

This is neither here nor there heh

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
I honestly think Henrik was/is super stressed out and reading negative shit every day on the forum would be a bummer.
Stress management, like company management, is a skill.

CEO is at least a job and sometimes called a profession.

I'm not trying to add to the stress; I am saying that taking in information is part of Mr. Nyström's job and if it's too much for one person, he can and should delegate parts of it. He could do that without losing the personal touch.

The negative feedback on this forum isn't all shit. I actually trust him to sift it according to his vision. In effect, that's what he already does and is going to do, anyhow. He doesn't even need to respond personally to all of it. If it regards something that's not subject to change, he does have a responsibility to communicate that fact, or have someone copy-paste it in for him (he's entitled to delegate). A flat "no, not going to happen" is better than giving the impression that the suggestion went unnoticed.

I more than suspect that a significant part of his time in Discord & elsewhere is spent answering some questions that have been answered before — with answers that have not changed. This is evident in his streams, which are a pleasant personal touch. It's just that answering questions that have been put before is not the best use of his time. (He manages to stream at times for three- to -six hours. I couldn't do it. It's a good thing when he has that much content, but he shouldn't have to repeat himself. And it's just begging to be stressed out.)
  • The reply function in Discord has improved, and it's possible to pin messages, there — such as answers to Frequently Asked Questions. If Henrik does this, I'm unaware of it. I hope that's just my lack of information.
But anything that should be pinned in Discord, like answers to FAQs, should also be posted here, on the forum, in a searchable thread. Not just by volunteers who happen to catch it. You've probably seen @Speznat of Wolfszeit do a heroic job of bokung down a six-hour Twtich stream by Henrik to one 60 or 90 minute summary with excerpts and exact time-frames when they are supplied (and no speculation when they are not). It helps a LOT. @Putzin supplies Mortal Online Alerts in his Discord server, based on things announced in the Mortal Online official server (as do some others). These are also very handy, if you make the effort to follow Discord, and happen to see them. But all that stuff should be available at the top of this (the game's own) forum, and Star Vault should make sure of that. The community that comes *here* for answers is already doing its part, and SV should meet it at least half-way, here.

New forum users who are customers come here every day seeking answers. They should find some supplied by Star Vault, up front and up top.