New Player Experience with the reserve/food system (needs tutor)

Tzone

May 16, 2021
New players don't know about the reserve/food system.

Problem:
Common treand is that new players don't know how to get rid of grey bar, or are over weight. Ive been training and teaching some how it works and how to cook but even then its hard to get it to click for them. They usually either eat the wrong way and get fat or if they go to nave get ganked and get gray barred then whine about it because they have no idea how to undo grey bar. Sometimes they get grey barred in Haven still and overweight too.

The current Haven Tutor only tells them about Ok the haven tutor tells them about the hunger and thirst reducing max values but this isnt most peoples issue which doesnt seem to be in game like that and is not the main issue
The Haven tutor also says "How do I regain my reserves and increase my resource caps" doesnt go to anywhere. That options send you back to start and provides no info.

No marketplace in Haven and new players have low cooking skill.

Suggestions:
Please add a reserve/overweight tutor to Haven. New players keep getting overweight and have no idea how to undo the grey bar right now. Im training them on how to cook and eat right, but the eating system is not clicking for them. they need clear direction on the food system before they enter the game or leave town. So a new or expanded tutor is needed at least if not something at character creation.

Also a issue in haven is no market place and everyone has low cooking skill so the harsh reserve system is extremely harsh on unknowable new players. The solution to this is to have a "Soup Kitchen". This would be a intractable object that when used will feed the player food to fill up their reserves, it will not give them food to prevent them from haven banking it to use in the real Nave.

I was going to suggest having a NPC they talk to feed them for money like the Soup Bowl but that might be hard to implement. I would really rather have the player pay for the food they receive as to not condition them to handouts.

Last edited:

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
new tutor with visual representations would be decent enough I think so people atleast get a basic understanding of that and atleast are aware of that till we get a decent tutorial on the island