"New" Official Subreddit and Official Messaging

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
"New" Official Subreddit and Official Messaging

Hello Mortals,

We wanted to announce that we have soft launched a new Subreddit on Reddit.com. This subreddit is themed around Mortal Online II. It has been around for some time and owned by FarmerJoe. We felt we wanted to start using it more in an official capacity.

All of our official messaging via Reddit will only appear on our subreddit, r/MortalOnline2. This means that we will not be publishing content officially on the old subreddit. The old subreddit is not going anywhere. Our official subreddit will not only have announcements, but we plan to also have lore dumps, AMAs and other event related posts. We start posting some of the Discord messaging onto the Reddit as we work on a way to have a more centralized communication messaging.

With our Reddit platform, we intend to keep it the least moderated platform we use. We respect the player's right to express feedback or concerns about the game or the company. As of late, there have been more and more extreme cases of harassment or slander which we would like to be able to step in much quicker.

We hope to see you on our Reddit platform.

https://www.reddit.com/r/MortalOnline2/

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
I dont get it... What was wrong with the old one?
It was difficult to moderate some extreme situations lime staff or player harassment since we do not won or moderate it.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
All of our official messaging via Reddit will only appear on our subreddit, r/MortalOnline2. This means that we will not be publishing content officially on the old subreddit.
All I need to know is 'where they are'....

vasquez%2Blocker.jpg

¿So, seriously, if I want to post MO2-relevant content to Reddit (at infrequent but irrepressible intervals), should I post it to the new r/MortalOnline2 as well, or is that okay with @Robmo ?

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021
All I need to know is 'where they are'....

vasquez%2Blocker.jpg

¿So, seriously, if I want to post MO2-relevant content to Reddit (at infrequent but irrepressible intervals), should I post it to the new r/MortalOnline2 as well, or is that okay with @Robmo ?
Why would you not be allowed to post? Are you breaking the rules or something? Its a public Reddit

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
hooray! :eek: Don't mind Sv updating their communications, but keep your FORUM in mind.

Reactions: Robmo

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
With the rampant issues with the game you guys chose to focus on a "new" discord with SV mods?

Not to mention it's shady according to reddiquette, but i find hard to beleive this isn't just a PR move to move away from negative feedback on this forum and the old reddit and paint a false image of the state of the community to new players.

Come to think of it it's a reskin attemp just like the actual game.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
I dont get it... What was wrong with the old one?
It was impossible to censor negative feedback like they do in the discord since it's not being run by their employees unlike the "new" reddit.

Najwalaylah

May 28, 2020
37.76655478735988, -122.48572468757628
With the rampant issues with the game you guys chose to focus on a "new" discord with SV mods?
New subReddit.

You feeling okay this morning?
i find hard to beleive this isn't just a PR move to move away from negative feedback on this forum and the old reddit
Of course it's a PR move. But I share none of your anxiety that users will move away from the old r/MortalOnlie, the more so if in fact it can't be moderated by SV.

Robmo

Community Manager
Staff member
Dec 9, 2021

Not to mention it's shady according to reddiquette, but i find hard to beleive this isn't just a PR move to move away from negative feedback on this forum and the old reddit and paint a false image of the state of the community to new players.

Come to think of it it's a reskin attemp just like the actual game.

The people who put some effort on the reddit soft launch are not the same people developing the games. It was a side project, not a full committed effort. The team is committed to the next patch.