"New light night"

Svaar

Nov 4, 2020
Russia/Moscow
Why did you make a night with a twisted scale? You have removed some of the nighttime gameplay from the game. Now, in order to walk at night, I do not need a torch in my hands, I see everything at a great distance. Instead of banning the use of third-party software and banning the ability to lighten the night, you take and twist the scale in the game. A strange decision.
bYL7jA8.jpg
SgP4v3V.jpg
zY336I3.jpg

Grisù

Sep 3, 2020
They should have added weather in the last patch, so maybe it affects even night lightning.
Try to make screenshots over various several nights and then compare them to see if something changes.
I hope it is so, no darkness at all would be really disappointing for me.

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
If they cant fix gamma abuse, then nights shouldnt be dark
yes, as nice as it would be to have immersive darker nights to deal with, it just means everyone looking for a competitive edge priority over immersion will just slide up the gamma, in MO i would often feel if i didn't up my gamma i might aswell log out since it was clear others used it on dark nights.

I have no clue how UE4 works but I would've thought by now there'd be a solution for the gamma issue ?

also with such a huge freakin moon i'm not surprised the nights are a little brighter 🌝🌕

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Too dark of nights are detrimental in a game. Used to be dark for several hours and if those happened to be the only time you can play then you would just have to log out or do something like mine instead of the active play you wanted. Not good for business.

Reactions: Ministro

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
Oh, also. Saying torches have become one obsolete is pointless.

Game will have places that will need them, totally fine with night being brighter. Means people don't have to turn gamma up absurdly high.

you

Nov 30, 2020
Too dark of nights are detrimental in a game. Used to be dark for several hours and if those happened to be the only time you can play then you would just have to log out or do something like mine instead of the active play you wanted. Not good for business.

Tbh if they were trying to make a game that was "good for business" they'd be going with a different genre entirely.
It isn't exactly the most player friendly category, but that is what makes it good.
Besides, if u want to thrive at night, just pick a clade that has good night vision..

Darkness is a must in my eyes.

• Haha
Reactions: Ministro and Svaar

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
I do think this is something that has to be experimented with. I do really like dark nights that allow for hiding etc, but at the same time as others have mentioned it created situations where you basically couldn't play at night outside of towns. Both generally not fun (often just waiting for night to be over), and makes the game very unwelcoming for new players. The game is already likely to be hard to find out "what to do", imagine logging in during the middle of the night, not being able to see, and being randomly pk'ed. Bye bye new player.

But I also don't think night should be brightened so much that you can see someone at a far distance just like daylight.

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
So let me present my past argument for this.

If we have the nights brighter where everyone can see, everyone is on a fairer playing field. There will be people who still turn up their gamma for clarity sake, but more people will be inclined to not tamper with the settings with it being brighter overall and it allows everyone to again see more clearly across the board. As some people will be not so tech savvy and wont understand or bother with turning gamma up because they don't know how or it's "too much work" (yes, they exist.) or some other reason.

Now, let us say they made it darker again. What's that going to do? Increase immersion? Sure, for a time. But people who PvP and want to find / see you, will still have their gamma jacked up via GPU, programs, monitor, etc. You're not going to hide from someone if they're truly wanting to kill you. So this doesn't work in the favor of most across the board, and it now forces players who want a higher survival rate to turn their gamma up as well now adding an extra unadditional step to their gameplay to play against other players.

Point being. Brighter nights is better because it actually keeps players safer, and lets immersion still exist to some extent but also allows a more so even playing field as opposed to darker nights.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Tbh if they were trying to make a game that was "good for business" they'd be going with a different genre entirely.
It isn't exactly the most player friendly category, but that is what makes it good.
Besides, if u want to thrive at night, just pick a clade that has good night vision..

Darkness is a must in my eyes.
We have no idea whether Clade night vision will be in game for years or ever, or how effective it will be.
It is niche already, so they shouldn't let darkness chase even more customers away, true.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
banning gamma adjustments cant really happen since you dont know the lighting conditions in anyone's room, or their monitor brightness, or if they have a legit impairment to their vision. the setting exists because people need it.

sv could just add the option for 'realistic' night where it can be very dark indeed. if they looked later at the statistics, i would venture to guess that the percent of people who have it on and left it on would be vanishingly small. instead, i suggest you sandbox the solution yourself and gamma adjust your own settings down to make everything darker. sure you'll get dunked on literally everybody, but at least you will have that realistic night you wanted.

or maybe if gamma adjusting is too difficult, just get some dark sunglasses instead

-barcode

Reactions: Rorry

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
IMHO, night should be bright as a full moon night, and the *shadows* dark as hell. Best of both worlds. Can play, can hide, ambush, etc.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Yes it all depends on if they can block out players messing with settings for advantages.

If they can block it, helll yeah give me back those pitch black nights of old MO, if they cant then hell no. You butcher way more players that way than you can with bright nights.

Then again with bright nights theres really no reason with the clade gift Nightvision.

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
Then again with bright nights theres really no reason with the clade gift Nightvision.
untrue. there will still be caves and underground areas that should be pitch black without a torch or other light source, or perhaps nightvision of some kind

-barcode

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
untrue. there will still be caves and underground areas that should be pitch black without a torch or other light source, or perhaps nightvision of some kind

-barcode
And whats the point with nightvision if you can just use gamma, brightness and contrast to gain an even better nightvision without sacrificing another clade gift ?

Reactions: Svaar and Vagrant

Vagrant

Oct 8, 2020
no fixed address
And whats the point with nightvision if you can just use gamma, brightness and contrast to gain an even better nightvision without sacrificing another clade gift ?

very much exactly this.
unless gamma can be countered in UE4 somehow I can't see this being fixed, the immersion becomes irrelevant

Reactions: Svaar