Nerf Long Bows

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
With a 104 range long bow I hit for 130 on naked horses. I'm gonna make a video about bows.

yeah it's kinda crazy. But it's a combination of many things, I think, like every other MO flaw... horses are prol too squishy in general to arrows + zoo.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
With a 104 range long bow I hit for 130 on naked horses. I'm gonna make a video about bows.
zoology skill for horses i beleive make you do double dmg aswell my short bow has done 97 on naked horses but i have max horse zoology

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
Naked sould be punished for being naked.

I feel horses are too squishy. Make horse armour more effective against arrows. So there is more investment, but more resistance to horse killing.

On the other hand, the only defence a Foot Fighter has against a MA is to snipe his horse down with a longbow.

Reactions: nazgo

nazgo

May 29, 2020
Naked sould be punished for being naked.

I feel horses are too squishy. Make horse armour more effective against arrows. So there is more investment, but more resistance to horse killing.

On the other hand, the only defence a Foot Fighter has against a MA is to snipe his horse down with a longbow.

this, very much this.

Nerf longbows and foot fighters have zero tools against any mounted players. I wouldnt mind if Longbows required secondary skill (under archery, or even controlled aiming) for full efficiency, but nerfing them would mean removing any risk from mounted gameplay.

D

Deleted member 44

It's not just horses that take a lot of damage from bows. Like I said I'll make a video showing the damage versus several armor types. During a fight with BEAR our mage got literally instant deleted by long bows at range. It was pretty silly, especially considering there is a bug that doesn't show a player drawing a bow at range.

Vaith

May 28, 2020
Your mage should have turned around with a shield on the back for protection. LongBows drain alot of stam, theyre fine and the only real weapon foot has vs mounted.

Last edited:
Reactions: nazgo

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Your mage should have turned around with a shield on the back for protection. LongBows drain alot of stam, theyre fine and the only real weapon foot has vs mounted.
It was stated the mage was killed before they could react and couldnt see the animations of the bow users pulling back. If it was one arrow after another then the mage could react to turn their back and or seek cover. But if several archers from outside the short animation render ranger shoot at the same time then nothinf can be done to react to the inreactable.

Vaith

May 28, 2020
It was stated the mage was killed before they could react and couldnt see the animations of the bow users pulling back. If it was one arrow after another then the mage could react to turn their back and or seek cover. But if several archers from outside the short animation render ranger shoot at the same time then nothinf can be done to react to the inreactable.
Then he stood still very long for them to coordinate that. Many of the same attack instakilling a mage isnt grounds for nerfs, any attack can do that including magic

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Bows damage in general needs a bit of a "nerf", I think just simply adding fletchery and the added cost that will mean. Fletchery will allow them to easier balance damage as well as cost of using bows.